• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Holy fuzzbuckets at the Mass Effect 3 leak. The entire game's story, along with every major event in the game has been spoiled thanks to hackers datamining the private Beta of the demo that Microsoft accidently leaked via the Dashboard update.

Just wow.

Imagine it had been Halo 4...

Striker

FyreWulff said:
Temptation is one of those maps that was added apparently out of nowhere and I've never been able to get it in MM, even when trying, just so I could add it to the map repository.

I didn't see it come through the CC either
Yeah, it came up for Multi-bomb and Neutral Bomb. No sign of Breakpoint. I'm not sure if basic Tempest is in, or what, but Temptation is terrible.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
You still salty after last week?

Not salty. Steelers are a better team than the Pats.

heckfu said:
I dunno, I'm from Alabama but a Tennessee fan so I obviously have an SEC bias, but Alabama definitely is a great team. Haven't seen a ton of Stanford this year but I think everyone everywhere can agree the BCS is a bankrupt system. Playoffs FTW.

Jesus, and I thought Steelers avatars were bad. College football is universally terrible get outta here.

Slightly Live said:
Holy fuzzbuckets at the Mass Effect 3 leak. The entire game's story, along with every major event in the game has been spoiled thanks to hackers datamining the private Beta of the demo that Microsoft accidently leaked via the Dashboard update.

Just wow.

I downloaded that, but they made it so you can't play it now even if you downloaded it before they pulled it.

kylej said:
Not salty. Steelers are a better team than the Pats.

That admission actually makes me feel a lot better right now.

heckfu

Banned
kylej said:
Jesus, and I thought Steelers avatars were bad. College football is universally terrible get outta here.

Saying the Bills are bad? Tennessee is bad, that's a given this year. And universally bad? That's a bold, false statement.

PNut

Banned
Started my Gamebattle's career today in the Single's ladder. 1-4 so far. It's crazy how good some of these MLG kids are. Learned a lot though. Like if you don't pick up Evade you lose.

kylej

Banned
heckfu said:
Saying the Bills are bad? Tennessee is bad, that's a given this year. And universally bad? That's a bold, false statement.

Nah, it's pretty terrible. Maybe this year Lord Tebow will win the Orangelime Fiestatime Bowlcup in the SQWISASASDSAD division. I wouldn't know, I watch men play football.

Steelyuhas said:
That admission actually makes me feel a lot better right now.

The Pats were beat by the Buffalo Bills and are pretty damn bad, and the Steelers just got gang-banged by Joe Flacco. I wouldn't be too excited.

kylej said:
Nah, it's pretty terrible. Maybe this year Lord Tebow will win the Orangelime Fiestatime Bowlcup in the SQWISASASDSAD division. I wouldn't know, I watch men play football.
Tebow is a f***ing saint. You hear me? A F***ING SAINT.

kylej said:

The Pats were beat by the Buffalo Bills and are pretty damn bad, and the Steelers just got gang-banged by Joe Flacco. I wouldn't be too excited.

The Buffalo Bills are pretty good this year. Since your Kylej, I have no doubt you will disagree with me lol. However being a bills fan, and knowing how bad they have been in the past, I really hope they at least get to the playoffs.

I wasn't even that upset when they got beat today by the NY Jets, the Jets defense was fantastic.

heckfu

Banned
A27_StarWolf said:
The Buffalo Bills are pretty good this year. Since your Kylej, I have no doubt you will disagree with me lol. However being a bills fan, and knowing how bad they have been in the past, I really hope they at least get to the playoffs.

I wasn't even that upset when they got beat today by the NY Jets, the Jets defense was fantastic.

There are two Bills fans in the world?

marry me

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kibbles said:
I love how the last lady asks if it's going on youtube and then lets them go for free after some toll-booth trivia
KuGsj.gif

That's the MLG Pro Discount effect.

Tashi0106 said:
<3 Thank you sir!

Here's the first video in a series showing my experience at MLG Orlando 2011. Here's episode 1: MLG Pro Discount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6ofA_eQ58

That's me holding the camera and my teammate Flashback driving. Watch in HD :)
lol. It must be good to be a MLG pro.

Slightly Live said:

Just wow.

I feel sorry for BioWare. A heavy story-focused game and every story tidbit is out? Not good. Still the leak gave me a glimpse at the ME3 soundtrack. And one track is really nice. Even this track sounds better than the whole ME2 soundtrack. lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly Live said:

Just wow.

Holy shit, really? That's huge. Sucks for Bioware. :-\

Remember when EGM's Halo 3 exclusive leaked back in 2007? That's the biggest Halo related leak I can think of.

omg.kittens said:
Holy shit, really? That's huge. Sucks for Bioware. :-

Remember when EGM's Halo 3 exclusive leaked back in 2007? That's the biggest Halo related leak I can think of.
EA could sue for a loss in revenue, I assume?
Not that they would, but this can't be good for the MS/Bioware relationship.

TheOddOne

Zeouterlimits said:
EA could sue for a loss in revenue, I assume?
Not that they would, but this can't be good for the MS/Bioware relationship.
I really doubt it will have effect on sales. The leak could even help the sales.

Blinding

TheOddOne said:
I really doubt it will have effect on sales. The leak could even help the sales.

It probably will, from what I've seen those that were able to put some decent time into it said that it actually played fairly well, things like that are bound to increase hype and might get those that are on the fence to hop over.

Tashi, how were the wait times for warmups at Orlando? I'll be playing at Providence, and I'm contemplating if I should bring my box and monitor over to my teammates hotel room to counter the wait times or not.

TOM T 117

Neo Member
Slightly Live said:
Microsoft accidentally leaking something? Inconceivable

Tashi

Blinding said:
It probably will, from what I've seen those that were able to put some decent time into it said that it actually played fairly well, things like that are bound to increase hype and might get those that are on the fence to hop over.

Tashi, how were the wait times for warmups at Orlando? I'll be playing at Providence, and I'm contemplating if I should bring my box and monitor over to my teammates hotel room to counter the wait times or not.
They were pretty great, not a ton of teams so I played a good amount. We also were destroying in warmups so we never had to get up. If you're lucky like we were, it will be a full screen event. If I had to guess, I would say that it will be.

Slightly Live said:

Just wow.

Sucks for BioWare.

feel

Slightly Live said:

Just wow.

That sucks so much.

Whoever tagged the beta wrong at microsoft and sent it to some consumers, is definitely getting a whipping session in some secluded MS building basement.

TheOddOne

Letters said:
That sucks so much.

Whoever tagged the beta wrong at microsoft and sent it to some consumers, is definitely getting a whipping session in some secluded MS building basement.
I though that was a daily thing at Microsoft, well from what I heard from former Rare employees.

lolz

FyreWulff

Letters said:
That sucks so much.

http://trixie360.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/10-things-i-hate-about-e3/

Update: #11 Leaks. You wouldn’t know it to look at it, but one of the most popular websites in the country has been scaled down over the years to a skeleton staff <5 full time employees and a handful of vendors and contractors. These are smart, hardworking people who love Xbox and gaming. Hire more people to write, edit and produce? Naw, the powers that be decided to hire a wide swath of overpaid middle managers who go to meetings and kiss ass (this is called ‘strategy’), while cutting resources for the people who actually do the work. Smart. What really sucks is that these few folks that actually DO something besides fluff up their careers will take the hit for this leak, not the assholes who by bad decision-making and horrible leadership made it happen. I say to my friends and former teammates at Xbox.com: Don’t let the bastards get you down.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Suck for Bioware, but it's probably the best press they could've had. My girlfriend saw the talent list and was happy.

Bioware's marketing strategy would've probably been more hair metal bullshit and visceral/immersive/engaging action sequences.

Ken

Had no idea that Rayman Origins comes out on the same day as Anniversary and SR3. November is a lot more crowded than I initially thought.

Ken

daedalius said:
And Assassins Creed: Rev, and Skyward Sword...
Didn't know about AC:R and I haven't even finished AC2 or Brotherhood's campaign mode yet. SS comes out on the 20th doesn't it?

daedalius

Ken said:
Didn't know about AC:R and I haven't even finished AC2 or Brotherhood's campaign mode yet. SS comes out on the 20th doesn't it?

Probably, I thought it was out on the 15th, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was out on Sunday.

Still the same week though, will actually turn on my wii for the first time in like a year.

kylej

Banned
Ken said:

AC2 and Brotherhood have such good campaigns dude. Fuck Zelda. LOVE the AC games. Looking forward to playing this new one duing break.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't realize Trixie left Microsoft.

Edit: sweet weekly, my favorite type.

Been so stacked with work this morning that I just remembered to check for the weekly when you mentioned it.

That's the exact sweet spot I want for that weekly. It takes long enough to complete if you're optimal (3 days) to feel like one but most people will probably take 4-5 without having to go supar hardcorez

Ken

kylej said:
AC2 and Brotherhood have such good campaigns dude. Fuck Zelda. LOVE the AC games. Looking forward to playing this new one duing break.
I got about halfway into AC2, but then Brotherhood came out. Put in a good number of hours into the multiplayer, and then some other games came out before I could get into campaign. I'll eventually get around to finishing them some time.

Crucio

Slightly Live said:

Just wow.

I hope Microsoft learns from this. They better not put Halo 4s entire game on a server as a Locked Demo.

I loled.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't realize Trixie left Microsoft.

Edit: sweet weekly, my favorite type.

Wow. I didn't know she did either. She was cool as hell when I met her in 04 up there. She seemed to actually be a cool person unlike a certain face of Xbox who took his name from I Dream of Jeannie.

Also can't say I didn't see what she mentions happening to xbox.com staff happen. That's sad too. Very sad.

Crucio said:
I hope Microsoft learns from this. They better not put Halo 4s entire game on a server as a Locked Demo.

I loled.
They should learn already from the Defiant and Halo: Reach leak. Hopefully.

Ken said:
Had no idea that Rayman Origins comes out on the same day as Anniversary and SR3. November is a lot more crowded than I initially thought.
I'm only buying games I really want on Day 1. Here in Europe the prices drop very fast. I can expect to just pay 22€ for AC:R in two months.

TheOddOne

You can take every measure possible, but a leak is gonna happen. Usually it's a dude looking for his 15 minutes of Internet stardom.

Tashi

kylej said:
Fuck Zelda? Fuck you!

Well the reason that MS put up that Mass Effect 3 "private beta" was to test its Kinect functionality, so the same thing will happen with Halo 4 to test its Kinect functionality.

trollface.jpg
butseriously.jpg

AC games are the shit btw

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Fuck Zelda? Fuck you!

Sub-HD waggle fantasy game. barf. Wind Waker is one of my favorite games OAT and OoT is a masterpiece but the Wii auto-ruins all games with its shittiness.

Top Bottom