• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF at PAX: Meetup planning and more.

PAX Prime 2012:

When: August 31st – September 2nd
Where: Seattle, duh.

Show Hours:
10:00am – 2:00am (Friday and Saturday)
10:00am – 7:00pm (Sunday)

Expo Hall Hours:
10:00am – 6:00pm

Halo-related events:
FRI – 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Rooster Teeth panel – Main Theatre
SAT - 10:30am - 11:30am - Behind the Music of Blockbuster Video Games - Kraken Theater (Marty is the surprise guest.)
SAT – 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Halo: Reach tournament – Console Tourney area
SAT – 5:30pm – 6:30pm – Halo Reborn (Halo 4 panel) – Pegasus Theatre

-------
HaloGAF Contact Info:
HaloGAF.com/PAX/contacts (password protected)

PM me your contact info and I will PM you the password and add your info to the page.
-------

HaloGAF Meetups

We have the following reservations:

Thursday night, 7:00 pm - Cutters Crabhouse - Map

Saturday morning, 8:30 am - Athenian Inn - Map

Both restaruants are located around the Pike Street Fish Market.

We should have plenty of seats saved, so anyone that wants to come is welcome.

Hmmm. Wife and kids welcome to join us at breakfast?

Of course! I'm sure they'll enjoy the view, you can look out over the water and the surrounding fish market is pretty neat.

I can't guarantee the conversation will always be clean and family-friendly, but I like to think we'll all be on our best behavior.

Of course! I'm sure they'll enjoy the view, you can look out over the water and the surrounding fish market is pretty neat.

I can't guarantee the conversation will always be clean and family-friendly, but I like to think we'll all be on our best behavior.

Doubtful.

GhaleonEB

I'll just ask that there's no f-bombs at our table. :lol

wwm0nkey

Remember one of you guys have to pick me up a Didact shirt if they have a shop there!

(Obviously I will pay you back)

Like I said earlier I am not able to come to the Pre-Meet-Up because I am invited to a BBQ. And I always wanted to try out a BBQ. But I am open for every other meet-up on this weekend. :)

Slaker117

I'll be at PAX, but I'm traveling with a group of five other people, so I'm not sure I'd be able to break away for any off-site meet ups. It would be cool to meet some of you at the show itself though; hanging out in a group should make waiting in line all day to play Halo 4 a bit easier.

I'll be at PAX, but I'm traveling with a group of five other people, so I'm not sure I'd be able to break away for any off-site meet ups. It would be cool to meet some of you at the show itself though; hanging out in a group should make waiting in line all day to play Halo 4 a bit easier.
I'm going with 2 others and I'm totally ditching them, at least for a bit, to chill with HaloGAF. I can see them any time, it's not everyday I get to meet my internet lovers.

That said, if you guys all turn out to be super lame then ya'll are the ones getting ditched.

You'll have to plan some in advance, but you could try and rent a room at the Rock Box in Cap Hill for Karaoke.

Fantastic idea! Easy walking distance from the convention center, but not so close that it will be flooded.

---

Possible Thursday night plan? The Rock Box is 21+ only, so we won't have to ditch Hypertrooper since he already has plans...

Not even an attempt at crediting yours truly for finding the place.

I see how it is.

Well regardless you can count me +4 in.

Devin
Baily
Andrew (goatrope)
Dave
Keech

Baily, Andrew and Myself were all at PAX last year so you folks should remember them... Dave and Keech are first time'rs so be kind.

GhaleonEB

Fantastic idea! Easy walking distance from the convention center, but not so close that it will be flooded.

---

Possible Thursday night plan? The Rock Box is 21+ only, so we won't have to ditch Hypertrooper since he already has plans...

I was just coming here to ask about a Thursday night meetup; I just added Thursday night to my hotel reservation. I'd love to meet up with some HaloGAFers before the convention.

But if it's karaoke, I'll stay in the hotel. Maybe catch a movie.

heckfu

Banned
I was just coming here to ask about a Thursday night meetup; I just added Thursday night to my hotel reservation. I'd love to meet up with some HaloGAFers before the convention.

wow why u hate

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Actually, I was thinking we should pick a restaurant to meet at for Thursday's dinner. From there we can figure out if we really want to do karaoke or just find some other entertainment.

If there's a divide, we can always split up after dinner, but I'd at least like to make dinner plans that fit everyone interested.

It looks like Pre-PAX meet-up is going to be that meet-up at this PAX and I am at Rukizzel's bbq party. Damn. That guy should invite you all. :/

GhaleonEB

wow why u hate
I'm flexible on meet up stuff, I just don't enjoy karaoke. Like, really don't enjoy it. Not trying to be a downer, just tossing in my$0.02

Actually, I was thinking we should pick a restaurant to meet at for Thursday's dinner. From there we can figure out if we really want to do karaoke or just find some other entertainment.

If there's a divide, we can always split up after dinner, but I'd at least like to make dinner plans that fit everyone interested.

That would be great. There are a lot of good local places in downtown. Pizza?

GhaleonEB

I need as much seafood as I can get. We don't get good stuff in Iowa. :p

That works too. I grew up a meat and potatoes guy in Iowa, and still am, but I like me some good fish and chips.

Given how good the seafood is in Seattle, that would be a good option so long as everyone agrees.

Cool. Looking for a seafood place in downtown Seattle that isn't crazy expensive. Preferably something within walking distance of the convention center (where I assume most of us have hotels nearby).

Fake Edit: Pike Street Fish Fry seemed promising, but it sounds like they don't have very much seating. I'm finding a lot of places that look super fancy and costly. Still searching.

Ramirez

Cool. Looking for a seafood place in downtown Seattle that isn't crazy expensive. Preferably something within walking distance of the convention center (where I assume most of us have hotels nearby).

Fake Edit: Pike Street Fish Fry seemed promising, but it sounds like they don't have very much seating. I'm finding a lot of places that look super fancy and costly. Still searching.

http://www.mortons.com/seattle/

Be sure to pack your tuxes boys!

Top Bottom