• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

Anyone have dates for the 360 beta? I didn't preorder, activate my beta, then cancel my preorder for nothing.

I believe it's the 17th for the Playstation systems and then "soon after" for the Xbox systems. I'll be playing on 360 too, since I don't have a next gen system yet, but it'll also give me a chance to compare last gen to next gen, if I buy an Xbox One or something later in the year.

Booties

Banned
^^^ I will probably buy a bone for this game. I'll wait until the last minute though because I want a good deal.

Halo Reach is probably your best best though, sadly

gAg CruSh3r

Does anyone know if we will be able to have a legit zombies (Flood without flood model) gametype for Halo 2?

I remember playing it back then when player would have to change teams to become a zombie. Ahhh good times
until some ass hole did not change teams.

I'll be asking Santa Claus (or Speedy's parents, whoever responds quicker) for the MCC/xbone combo gift for birthday/christmas since they're both so close together.

edit: speaking of Destiny, when are we supposed to choose the platform for the beta? Is that something I've already supposed to have done?

Not sure if I want to play the Destiny Beta since I'm going to be buying it anyway. I'll probably end up skipping it to save the experience for the full game
and so I don't grow attached to a Beta Carbine only to see it gimped in the final game ;]
Does anyone know if we will be able to have a legit zombies (Flood without flood model) gametype for Halo 2?

I remember playing it back then when player would have to change teams to become a zombie. Ahhh good times
Halo Honor Codes

Madness

^^^ I will probably buy a bone for this game. I'll wait until the last minute though because I want a good deal.

Same, another problem is I don't want to buy an Xbox One in September for Destiny only to have some better/cheaper bundle come out in November for the Master Chief Collection. Either way, the beta will really hammer home what the PvP and Co-op is like in Destiny. If it's not something that I really like playing, I can wait till November to buy Destiny for the Xbox One, so even if there are fewer players, I can still experience their single player game on next gen and still get the latest bundle out then.

btags

I remember the first time I played zombies online too (I think it was on Foundation...though I am not certain). I had no idea what it was and then people started telling me to change teams when I died and people were barricading the entrances to the room on the second level. It was amazing to see how that gametype developed out of seemingly nothing.

I remember the first time I played zombies online too (I think it was on Foundation...though I am not certain). I had no idea what it was and then people started telling me to change teams when I died and people were barricading the entrances to the room on the second level. It was amazing to see how that gametype developed out of seemingly nothing.

If we ever got that Custom Games Browser in Halo 3, I think Custom Games would've exploded in popularity, especially coming off how popular they were in Halo 2; I think the same for Reach and Halo 4. If we had to the ability to search for what we wanted to play, people who disagreed with the base settings for Matchmaking could have continued playing with the faster movement speed, etc. instead of dropping Halo because Matchmaking couldn't fulfill their cravings.

Nirvana

Can't wait to play a halo game without assassinations. Halo 4 has almost no control over them compared to reach.

I never had an issue with lack of control, but my biggest issue is that it makes it way harder to ninja someone. The reaction time it takes to press the melee button at the right time, rather than just hold it down while walking behind someone made it much easier to jump over someone's head and backsmack them; whereas in Reach and 4 people were generally just holding the button down and then they automatically assassinate you when you jump backwards over them.

It is satisfying to ninja-assassinate people though, that is the one plus.

Halo 2 was where I had the most fun in customs. I worry that newer players aren't going to appreciate the honour rules of Halo 2 customs, and so they just wont happen at all.

randomly decided to play Team SWAT in Halo: Reach yesterday. I can't believe it took this long for me to realize that the game has proximity mic just like Halo 2 did. The other team was using game chat and I was able to hear when they were approaching as they were always communicating with each other. was pretty cool, made me miss Halo 2 even more though.

someone freeze me pls

Halo 2 was where I had the most fun in customs. I worry that newer players aren't going to appreciate the honour rules of Halo 2 customs, and so they just wont happen at all.

I wonder if there is a way to add an auto team switch for Zombies in Halo 2. It would be a shame if we can't get Foundation in the inevitable Living Dead playlist. On the bright side, maybe we'll see the return of Halo 3's Fat Boy mode.

gAg CruSh3r

Halo Honor Codes

Only the classic Halo players remember this.

It most likely was. That was the best place to play zombies at :)... Good times.

Me too. That's why HaloGAF will play together in harmony ;).

Edit:
I wonder if there is a way to add an auto team switch for Zombies in Halo 2. It would be a shame if we can't get Foundation in the inevitable Living Dead playlist. On the bright side, maybe we'll see the return of Halo 3's Fat Boy mode.
That would be sooo awesome! I would be so excited for that :).

perhaps one solution would be remaking Foundation as one of the 6 maps in the new engine, which would (hopefully) have auto team switch support
and the same ability to knock objects to cover up the doors

Doing the sane. Would be nice if there's a Destiny bundle with a themed one. Destiny's art is really cool.

Knowing the retailers here, they will usually make the bundle expensive as ever unless MS force them to a legit price but I doubt it, the Halo 4 console was at $800 ($650 right now lol).

willow ve

Waiting for deals on the One (bundles perhaps?). Until then I'm content with my backlog of 360 games.

I'll be playing the Destiny beta on 360 but will most likely get the full game on One.

I mean, DAMN:

iLYSOb6yr7tgZ.gif

QJ8Ab7q.gif

Oh my god.

So I'm giving the Destiny Alpha another try and I have to say... from the creators of Halo indeed! Game is actually really fun and it's a lot better I'm enjoying a lot more than I was a few days ago, not sure why.

So far from the 4 multiplayer maps I've played so far, the game has that Bungie feel and love. Capture The Flag also reminds me a LOT of Halo, I just love it.

Detailed opinions and thoughts coming later this week in the HaloGAF Collections Cast (slight name change, it's fine, we haven't launched yet!). Sorry the sneak peek was delayed, the Destiny Alpha distracted me, and I'm still ironing out some kinks. Also... special guest was added in to make the first episode really special...

#PerAudaciaAdAstra

Wait, there is a Destiny Alpha on XB1? What ways are there to get in?

So I'm giving the Destiny Alpha another try and I have to say... from the creators of Halo indeed! Game is actually really fun and it's a lot better I'm enjoying a lot more than I was a few days ago, not sure why.

So far from the 4 multiplayer maps I've played so far, the game has that Bungie feel and love. Capture The Flag also reminds me a LOT of Halo, I just love it.

Detailed opinions and thoughts coming later this week in the HaloGAF Collections Cast (slight name change, it's fine, we haven't launched yet!). Sorry the sneak peek was delayed, the Destiny Alpha distracted me, and I'm still ironing out some kinks. Also... special guest was added in to make the first episode really special...

#PerAudaciaAdAstra

I pray you didn't get that alpha by doing what you said you would on twitter.

*am wondering what's new on the XBO alpha
I can neither confirm nor deny

TCKaos

I went back to Reach again after not having touched it for a while. Totally forgot Team Slayer was vanilla Reach. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't stop vomiting until after I got out of the lobby.

There were only 10 people playing Super Slayer, though.

Fuchsdh

Waiting for deals on the One (bundles perhaps?). Until then I'm content with my backlog of 360 games.

I'll be playing the Destiny beta on 360 but will most likely get the full game on One.

I'm in the same boat. Not worth jumping until MCC, still got plenty of the GwG titles I need to plow through. Don't think I'll be buying another game until November.

I hope you know claiming to be in something that you aren't is not liked here onGAF? ;)

I'm not claiming to be anything.

Other than a HaloGAF user who sent out a few emails looking for a special guest for our NEW HaloGAF podcast.

and I may or may not have a special guest... like I said... still ironing out the kinks on HaloGAF Collection Cast.

#7MoreSleeps... #maybe

I'm not claiming to be anything.

Other than a HaloGAF user who sent out a few emails looking for a special guest for our NEW HaloGAF podcast.

and I may or may not have a special guest... like I said... still ironing out the kinks on HaloGAF Collection Cast.

#7MoreSleeps... #maybe

Well, you could always offer your "services" on Twitter again.

-Ryn

Banned
I mean for example Halo 4 weapons in Halo 3 sandbox or any other Halo in the collection
Oh I gotcha. Well that's why I was wondering how many weapons will make a comeback for Halo 5. The anti vehicle weapons in particular are vast.

I don't see them really doing any cross game ports in the collection though. MAYBE for the redone Halo 2 multiplayer but that's it.

Well, you could always offer your "services" on Twitter again.
Ew

I went back to Reach again after not having touched it for a while. Totally forgot Team Slayer was vanilla Reach. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't stop vomiting until after I got out of the lobby.

There were only 10 people playing Super Slayer, though.

yeah, I have no idea why everyone is still playing Team Slayer over Super Slayer

Top Bottom