• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

TheOddOne

Booska and Overdoziz :(

jljYZS3mGIw43.png

64134-brent-rambo-gif-MRW-I-see-a-go-0Wsd.gif

How y'all gonna let Smash GAF have like 14 fucking OTs a year out from release but y'all get threads locked months at a time

Oh right TheOddOne. First he killed Titanfall, now this

nillapuddin

I'm in grad school as a Gator, but I'll always bleed Garnet 'n Gold. Gainesville is fucking miserable.
Ouch that must be rough, I don't even stop for gas in Gainesville, need a car wash on the on ramp for I75 after being there. Stay strong my friend. Football season will provide Enfinit infinite bragging opportunities.

Murray State tho
illallowit.jpg

Fracas bros get a pass anyways.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The discussion was back on topic, lol...

I WAS ARGUING SPLASH DAMAGE

i think you misunderstood my point in the other thread. i wasnt arguing splash damage, just pointing out that had the rocket landed a bit to the right he could have killed all 3.

ElRenoRaven

Played some Reach earlier

Oh.

LMAO. Never understood people who get so angry like that. Reminds me of the time I got called a cheating piece of shit on Titanfall PC. Guys were all like oh you're gonna get banned you piece of shit. I'm like um ok sure. I'm a cheater because you guys sucked ass. Sure thing.

It just floors me that people act that way because you were either better then them or got the upper hand in an encounter.

Tawpgun

i think you misunderstood my point in the other thread. i wasnt arguing splash damage, just pointing out that had the rocket landed a bit to the right he could have killed all 3.

Either way, gonna be nice to have rockets back that aren't the nukes of Reach and 4.

I liked the Halo 3 rockets personally, because they could be countered if you jumped at the right time. And it would knock your shields out.

Hope something for NYCC is announced. I might head down if it is.

Ramirez

Booska and Overdoziz :(

http://i.minus.com/jljYZS3mGIw43.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://img.pandawhale.com/64134-brent-rambo-gif-MRW-I-see-a-go-0Wsd.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

It's all in love.

[quote="op_ivy, post: 126827186"]i think you misunderstood my point in the other thread. i wasnt arguing splash damage, just pointing out that had the rocket landed a bit to the right he could have killed all 3.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

Stubo

Excellent. Please enjoy your stay.
cat_bliss_zps676ae93b.gif

Oh sorry, just saw this in the OP:

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
4 years a member, lurked for a few before that.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
24, UK

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since I got the first game shortly after EU launch in 2002. I have played 1 and 2 on xbox, 3, 4, Wars, ODST, Reach and CE: Anniversary on 360 and Spartan Assault on PC.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer, previously a team objective and big team battle fiend - most of my old party are playing PC games now though.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Team Objective.

AR or BR?
BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
45 Lone Wolf/Team Doubles/Team Slayer - it felt like you hit a wall against latency at 45, maybe it got better after I stopped playing.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
The Pit.

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Bungie.net

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
I've been working on my backlog this year so I've generally been moving on to new games after completion. Probably Destiny next month.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
I support Manchester United...probably not a good time to talk about it :(

Edit: My collection:

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer, previously a team objective and big team battle fiend - most of my old party are playing PC games now though.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Team Objective.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.
Good answers! I support this.

Fuchsdh

Actually, that's an interesting thought experiment: if you were doing "Reach Anniversary", what changes would you make to Swordbase akin to CA's touch-ups for CEA and H2A? I guess you could have another passageway up from the bottom so you could avoid the lift room of carnage, and maybe make that wall transparent to deter camping in that intersection, but I dunno if that would do anything but lessen the camping somewhat. It's still a blind jump up the lift.

There's so bad it's good maps?

I include Hang 'em High in that category. I love playing on it, but that doesn't mean I didn't just camp shotgun hallway like it was going out of style, and win a lot of games doing it.

ElRenoRaven

Actually, that's an interesting thought experiment: if you were doing "Reach Anniversary", what changes would you make to Swordbase akin to CA's touch-ups for CEA and H2A? I guess you could have another passageway up from the bottom so you could avoid the lift room of carnage, and maybe make that wall transparent to deter camping in that intersection, but I dunno if that would do anything but lessen the camping somewhat. It's still a blind jump up the lift.

I include Hang 'em High in that category. I love playing on it, but that doesn't mean I didn't just camp shotgun hallway like it was going out of style, and win a lot of games doing it.

That is the only real change I'd make is the other way up like you mentioned so you can avoid lift room. That or open up that room next door to the outside a bit more so you can at least ping folks hiding in that room from the other side at least. You could decorate it as a cafeteria or something to explain the openness on the outer wall of it.

jem0208

I think quite a neat way of making the lift a bit less of a blind jump would be to have some form of screen at the bottom showing the top like a security camera.

Actually, having screens and cameras in Forge would be bloody awesome. It would be brilliant for mini games and machinimas.

Fuchsdh

I think quite a neat way of making the lift a bit less of a blind jump would be to have some form of screen at the bottom showing the top like a security camera.

Actually, having screens and cameras in Forge would be bloody awesome. It would be brilliant for mini games and machinimas.

That'd be cool from gameplay, but for machinima screen replacement takes all of literally fifteen seconds to do in After Effects.

-Make the map bigger and more open corridors
-Add another lift
-Breakable windows
-Add windows to the lift room of death
-Interactive buttons to disable lifts, lights and make map dark. Starting emergency lights to highlight keypoints.

Sword Base would be good with lower-range precision weapons, balanced vertical movement options and standardized weapon / power set starts.

EDIT: A truly symmetrical variant that used the lift room half on both sides could help, too.

The only changes necessary would be making it an exclusive oddball map. Anything else would be a disservice to the perfection that was swordball oddbase.

Anymore thoughts on what final H2A map was given a face lift? What's left?

• Foundation - unlikely as it really only supported a couple objective game types well and BTB is not really possible.
  • Beaver Creek
  • Burial Mounds - unlikely as a fun but less popular map
  • Colossus
  • Headlong - unlikely since it was redone in Reach
  • Ivory Tower - unlikely since it was redone in Reach
  • Midship - unlikely since it's been shown for Halo 5
  • Waterworks

That leaves Beaver Creek, Colossus, and Waterworks. As much as I love Colossus, and the fact that it supports both slayer and objective, as well as 4v4 and 8v8 games, I don't know if it was liked as well in the community
i loved it ;)
. Beaver Creek was actually pretty popular - being an original CE map. It also supports slayer and objective well, along with 2v2 and 4v4 games. However, Waterworks would be the most fun to redo from a developer's point of view, and it was fairly popular with the community. So yeah, I guess I'd go with Waterworks at this point. Come on PAX!

I would love to see Headlong again, but yeah since it was a Reach map I have a feeling they'll chose Waterworks. It's a shame because Headlong is one of my all time favorite BTB maps.

If no DLC, then it's waterworks. If DLC, terminal.
What about Relic? I know a lot of people really like that map.

Fuchsdh

I would love to see Headlong again, but yeah since it was a Reach map I have a feeling they'll chose Waterworks. It's a shame because Headlong is one of my all time favorite BTB maps.

What about Relic? I know a lot of people really like that map.

Hands-down my favorite times playing Halo have been 1Flag Relic, but I've never seen it as a particularly versatile map. Compared to Containment, Terminal or Waterworks I don't think it'd be a smart choice.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think the "was redone in Reach" is a good counter argument since the known maps were all remade at some point sofar.

If we don't count forge remakes then at least Lockout and Zanzibar were already in halo 3.

And Reach is not in the MCC included so those maps are not present in the game in their remastered form.

Though I also think it will be waterworks or containment.
It has to be something were their new invented gungoose makes sense, though I would prefer another smaller map, so H2A would have enough different maps for tourneys

Edit: Terminal would be ace

I don't think the "was redone in Reach" is a good counter argument since the known maps were all remade at some point sofar.

If we don't count forge remakes then at least Lockout and Zanzibar were already in halo 3.

And Reach is not in the MCC included so those maps are not present in the game in their remastered form.

Though I also think it will be waterworks or containment.
It has to be something were their new invented gungoose makes sense, though I would prefer another smaller map, so H2A would have enough different maps for tourneys

Edit: Terminal would be ace
Yeah, but Reach doesn't feel like it was that long ago, honestly. I would enjoy Headlong being redone - my all-time favorite BTB map. Also, I thought there was confirmation that none of the H2A maps would be DLC content. None of my reasons are necessarily great, but I was itching to make a post today and needed something to talk about lol. If DLC maps were included, I'd be okay with several (Relic, Terminal, Warlock, and Containment)

Top Bottom