• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Who's going to be at PAX this week?

I will (with a friend). If you guys have spots we can grab for the panel (and not have to wait in a 3 hour line) let me know, both of us will be there.

Also I'm doing some covering for COIN-OP.TV, so if you guys have any appointments or slots for MCC or anything let me know. I think Rob, the EiC, was checking with MS on it though.

:p

aj1467

I love Halo 2 as much as the next guy, haha. But it's 10 years old. I'd be lying if I said that I don't get burnt out on the campaigns after a while
I've been playing the campaigns constantly since they each came out and I don't think I've ever gotten burnt out.

It's weird... I can play halo 4's and reach's campaigns all day but the multis make me wanna rage quit after an hour.

jem0208

I've actually been really craving some Halo campaign. However I've decided to wait until the MCC drops.

Cannot wait to play 3 and 4 at 60 FPS.

Finalized the logo for Project Livechamber:

ibaEqTYAQSQ7Nc.png

Make sure to click it to view in native res so that GAF's downscaler doesn't screw with the pixellation texture.

pacman85

Posted this in the Halo MCC thread that is now locked and didn't really get any replies so I will try it again here:

Is it too early to start speculating what will be announced at the next convention (PAX Prime August 29-Sep 1)? They said on the most recent Halo Bulletin they will have a panel that Saturday from 11AM to Noon so I imagine the format will be similar to the others so far.

My speculation is they will talk about Forge since they said they would at Gamescom. Full Halo 4 type Forge (with some new features I would assume) for the Anniversary maps. Halo 3 and 4 Forge as you remember them intact for those games? Also, they will need to reveal the next mulitplayer map which I gotta assume will be Lockout. Or, they will save Lockout reveal for last and reveal the other map which nobody really knows what it will be. My guess is Terminal but we will see. Either way, I'm hyped for any Halo MCC info we get. Maybe they will actually not reveal a new map but instead finally show gameplay from Coag or Zanzibar. They also announced they will have another tourney at this conference so maybe they will do the same thing they did with Sanctuary and reveal Lockout and make it playable!

So, after PAX Prime, that leaves more info about playlists, possibly 1 (or 2) anniversary maps left to reveal, showing off gameplay from Halo CE multiplayer, Halo 3 multiplayer/campaign, Halo 4 multiplayer/campaign left.

Havoc2049

It'll be Terminal. New fidelity will reveal that Stinkles is driving the train.

Haha...that would be awesome.

"After surviving the attack on the USNC Military Academy, Beamish heads back to earth and lands a job as a train conductor in New Mombasa."

Is there any Beamish fan fiction?

Is there any Beamish fan fiction?
Most likely, but I'd steer clear unless you like to read about how far mop handles can penetrate certain areas.

As for Terminal, I want to see a futuristic shopping mall with an outdoor courtyard. Make it populated too, with points deducted for civilian deaths. Double for the less ambulatory horizontally-challenged mall goers.

I wonder if ONI will search through the MC's helmet for any recordings of what actually took place before and after he meets with Infinity and its crew.

The Admirals did debriefed him in the escalation comic, but they don't know exactly what the Librarian has said and done to him. And how he wasn't composed along with all other Ivanhoff personnel who fell victim to the Didact.

I wonder if that's enough evidence to pose a possible threat to them and what secrets he carries knowing the seeds lies within the chief.

I wonder if ONI will search through the MC's helmet for any recordings of what actually took place before and after he meets with Infinity and its crew.

The Admirals did debriefed him in the escalation comic, but they don't know exactly what the Librarian has said and done to him. And how he wasn't composed along with all other Ivanhoff personnel who fell victim to the Didact.

I wonder if that's enough evidence to pose a possible threat to them and what secrets he carries knowing the seeds lies within the chief.

I think ONI already do that in the escalation comics gathering info from his helmet. Makes me wonder if there will be references from the comics.

Still I really want to see a new armor design for chief in Halo 5.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just got in the prototype of the DOT approved MC motorbike helmet. It's amazing how much functionality goes into these things, between air venting, safety stuff and so on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wish forge will get new textures outside gray legos

My hope for halo 5 is the use of primitives, the choosing of texture, color, specularity (even basic, to help offset the cheapness of the maps) and hopefully having more robust atmospheric (lighting/weather/whatever) control. Once you are done modeling, you set the play area and the game can reduce non visible surfaces to help reduce overdraw... and THEN we can implement basic forge pieces with it's budget dictated by the complexity of the environment that was built.

This way the custom maps aren't bogged down with needless geometry and can create more open and unique maps

Sure... maps will be lacking pure texture detail... but that is a good thing in terms of multiplayer.

I just feel when I try making maps in forge that it's both way too time consuming and way too limiting...

Just got in the prototype of the DOT approved MC motorbike helmet. It's amazing how much functionality goes into these things, between air venting, safety stuff and so on.
You should do a jacket and helmet photo shoot.
Recreate the ending of 4 with a not so dramatic Beamish reveal.

Sai-kun

Banned

wow, even more reason for me to go get a bike and license.

i'm like half serious.

Fuchsdh

The internet has taught me it will only be a matter of time before we see the story about how a business was robbed at energy swordpoint by a Master Chief who then sped away on his motorcycle. Witnesses will report the masked culprit saying as he sped away, "dun dun dun DUHH..."

Kind of OT, But where is the best place for trade in value these days? I might get rid of my 360 and wii. Should have taken advantage of the in store credit from game stop last year but I waited too long.

Kind of OT, But where is the best place for trade in value these days? I might get rid of my 360 and wii. Should have taken advantage of the in store credit from game stop last year but I waited too long.

I've heard good things about Best Buy, but you're best off waiting for the holidays regardless. Somebody will probably be running some kind of promotion.

Top Bottom