• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Rev3rb

Got to play a few H2 FFAs with Naded. He pretty much ripped us a new one each game. Welp...

Still freaking fun though

Madness

I think there is no plan for adding more maps as DLC in the MCC, not that DLC maps won't be included.

They're probably busy making sure the beta is stable, and for Halo 5 Guardian launch next year, doubt they'd really devote too much time for possible future H2A DLC as opposed to just general fixes or support.

Plus, if Coagulation and whatever the last map is, are big enough, and the forge is good enough, maybe some of the top forgers can recreate other maps that could be added to the H2A only playlist. Additionally, I think once the beta is over, the newness wears off, we don't know what the populations will be like for the games. What if the majority of players are only on Halo 2 and Halo 3?

HGKY we're all UK fans right?
HGAL we're all Alabama fans right?
HGFL we're all FSU fans right?

I just need to know for sure so I don't accidently spark a friendship with a Gators fan during MCC custom games.
I guess UK is okay

Well at least I only have to check one thread again.

Hey whats the over/under on H5 being shown/playable at NYCC?
likely not.
Sword Base would be good with lower-range precision weapons, balanced vertical movement options and standardized weapon / power set starts.

EDIT: A truly symmetrical variant that used the lift room half on both sides could help, too.
"functionally" symmetrical
Jesus, please don't be Waterworks, one of the most boring Halo maps ever conceived.
Resident Sleeper

They're probably busy making sure the beta is stable, and for Halo 5 Guardian launch next year, doubt they'd really devote too much time for possible future H2A DLC as opposed to just general fixes or support.

Plus, if Coagulation and whatever the last map is, are big enough, and the forge is good enough, maybe some of the top forgers can recreate other maps that could be added to the H2A only playlist. Additionally, I think once the beta is over, the newness wears off, we don't know what the populations will be like for the games. What if the majority of players are only on Halo 2 and Halo 3?
It would be really cool to have a good forge map in H2A. Not just for remakes, but also for original maps. I see myself mostly playing H2A since it's essentially Halo 2 but prettier, and I don't want to be limited to essentially 3 small maps and 3 big maps.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It would be really cool to have a good forge map in H2A. Not just for remakes, but also for original maps. I see myself mostly playing H2A since it's essentially Halo 2 but prettier, and I don't want to be limited to essentially 3 small maps and 3 big maps.

They need to make a map that's empty. Nothing .

Just allow us to build whatever we want...and hopefully allow us to use primitives with basic textures so that we can build all the maps we want to see in Halo 2 with the looks we want
And then make the budget almost limitless :)

They need to make a map that's empty. Nothing .

Just allow us to build whatever we want...and hopefully allow us to use primitives with basic textures so that we can build all the maps we want to see in Halo 2 with the looks we want
And then make the budget almost limitless :)

I wish forge will get new textures outside gray legos

Ghazi

u never online son. I accepted your friend request.

tenso.gif

BREAKING OUT THE 360

RIP

PNut

Banned
Ran across some random modders in Halo 3 tonight. Was searching in social slayer and got an 8 team MT game on High Ground. I had no idea modders could change the playlist. It was pretty funny but still.

MouldyK

Because i'm bored right now:

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
4 months. Lurked for probably a year, but known about it for like 8ish years.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
22, London in England.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Ever since '02 when my brother got an Xbox on the day we were going to get a PS2, but changed his mind. We got PGR1, DOA3 and Halo lastly as a "We need a game to play co-op, I wonder how this game is". Changed my life forever lol.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer, but i've been off Halo for like 4 years now as I have had no-one to play with since brother moved out and everyone I know plays on the PC.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Might get some flak for this, but Grifball is my favourite to play because it's fun. If not that, then any match with an objective besides blow the other team up. And team doubles holds a special place too.

AR or BR?
BR.

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
35 on probably either Team SWAT or Squad Battle. Not sure.
Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
Lockout.

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Not really active in Halo of late.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Trying to get Forza Rewards out at the moment. When i'm Tier 6, i'm getting a Bone. So Forza for now.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Looking for a job currently...no luck so far.

P.S: My K/D is 0.79 over all Halos. Come tell me how poor that is lol, even though I don't play seriously like ever haha.

Playing Halo 2 Metropolis.

About to snipe an Elite Major. Elite randomly bends over. Bullet kills Grunt 10m behind him. It was just like the cliche.

I love Halo sometimes.

Vooduu

NECA Toys delayed the 18" Master Chief figure (again) to October according to their twitter.

Fucking hate them at the moment. Figure has been delayed so many times.

Striker

Anymore thoughts on what final H2A map was given a face lift? What's left?

• Beaver Creek
  • Headlong - unlikely since it was redone in Reach
  • Ivory Tower - unlikely since it was redone in Reach
vFoABsg.jpg

None of that quite matters since most Halo 1/2 maps have been remade. Most of which were done poorly or didn't fit too well because of the sandbox changes. It would've been nicer to see the Anny remakes being ones that weren't already remade, like Terminal, Colossus, Burial Mounds, and Turf. Leave the other two as Lockout and Coag, if need be.

Omni

Playing Halo 2 Metropolis.

About to snipe an Elite Major. Elite randomly bends over. Bullet kills Grunt 10m behind him. It was just like the cliche.

I love Halo sometimes.
You're playing Halo 2 campaign? Aren't you worried that you'll get burnt out or something?

I haven't touched a Halo campaign in months. It helps keeps me excited to run through them all

I could've sworn Stinkles denied it was Battle/Beaver Creek already.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he outright said it wasn't

It'll be Terminal. New fidelity will reveal that Stinkles is driving the train.

This got me thinking, if it is Terminal what condition will the area be in? The original idea was to have it be wrecked and the train was going to be on fire, but the version we got was in perfect condition. Certain Affinity made the Headlong remake in CEA look more like some shit had gone down so I wonder if they would do the same for Terminal. Either way... I want it to be rainy... because reasons.

Also thinking about that got me thinking, I really hope Halo 5 has a "real" city map, we haven't had one since Halo 2. I'm sure a lot of you probably think I'm stupid for saying that, but think about all the city maps we've gotten since Halo 2. Halo 3 had none, Boardwalk is a skybridge connecting two buildings, Reflection is inside the top floor of a large building, Landfall is a port, Perdition is at a thermonuclear reactor facility and Skyline is on the rooftop in a construction zone for a space tether. If you want to count Breakneck that still isn't really a "city" map like I'm thinking, that's in a construction zone. Turf and District are the only "real" urban street level city maps in the Halo series. We've seen another city based map for Halo 5, but that is on a building again. While I want another true urban street level city map I would honestly be fine with getting another pseudo city map like Headlong and Terminal at the very least least.

Top Bottom