• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I thought they were going to remove sprint? Just doesn't feel right in an arena shooter.
Doubt it, "Their" halo is all about modern elements that halo doesnt really need
I hope they at least give us the options of removing it.

But I doubt sprint is going anywhere. Way too ingrained in shooters nowadays. I know its bad for Halo but now when I play an older Halo it feels wrong not to have sprint. I'm just so used to it.
whats the point though, *insert ALL posts explaining why 343 needs to suck it up and remove it.*
Just saw this cover art:

It's cool, sure, but in what instance would a Spartan ever need to fling themselves at a Jackal with a combat knife like that?

thats not a jackal thats a broderick-asaurus, (latin name: shiticus fuckingshitivore)

Fuchsdh

Nk3p5Ac.gif

Connection is everything. I'm pretty sure my shitty Cox one is holding us back tremendously. I could bottleneck Speedy's gigabit fiber connection into a slideshow.

Best option is everyone records their side of the convo and you splice it together with a guide track. Under usual conditions latency doesn't impact the timing that much.

Ramirez

What the fuck is your deal? We're just trying to put out content that the community can enjoy, not just for Grandpa Ramirez. I realize that no one necessarily asked for something to take the place of HGR, but we're here now, and this is something that we do not only for the community, but it's also something we enjoy, not because we want to get hired by 343 or whatever reason, that's not even a consideration. We love the community, and just want to help it find a voice.

I appreciate that Dax, just got a little frustrated.

lol, it was a joke. Another joke is thinking I listened to HGR as well. Cmon son.

Easy, Zoo – try not to let it get to you. HaloGAF can still be pretty hostile. It's good that you're putting out a podcast. Ram was way out of line.

Way out of line? Good grief, lighten up.

At least JC has the saving grace of being a Yoshi's Island fan, though.

Yes, if only I had the saving grace of being a irrational cop hater.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
New issue of Escalation! Know what that means?

Badly Drawn Halo!

e1_zps06333b98.png

These are Spartans. Seriously.

and

e2_zps54004862.png

Spartans, I shit you not.

Bonus points if you can ID who these "Spartans" are!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ffs. this is why people leave, no one can make any type of joke anymore.
And then some people leave because they feel uncomfortable / alienated by Ram and other's brand of humor. I'm not saying they're right and he's wrong, but I can definitely see why some people wouldn't take kindly to it. And with all the talk of making HaloGAF more friendly, it seems like the mods agree?

This conversation has the potential to turn the thread into yet another shit show, so maybe I shouldn't have even responded, lol.

And then some people leave because they feel uncomfortable / alienated by Ram and other's brand of humor. I'm not saying they're right and he's wrong, but I can definitely see why some people wouldn't take kindly to it. And with all the talk of making HaloGAF more friendly, it seems like the mods agree?

This conversation has the potential to turn the thread into yet another shit show, so maybe I shouldn't have even responded, lol.

This conversation literally started with someone talking about a self-proclaimed shit show.

If you can't take a shit joke, maybe don't talk about shitting your pants.

Tawpgun

I actually read the halopedia stuff on the escalation comics...... theres a section in everyone one for mistakes. Like a spartan having a red visor and then a blue visor.

Whoever is drawing these....

My shitty Halo concept artistry powers are paying off!
It's Master Chief and Blue Team, isn't it?

Look, this whole debacle is superfluous. Ram made a master trole like usual and Ian didn't notice the bolding which would have pushed the joke from "you all suck" to obviously ironic "shitty-butts mcgee: the podcast over here huehuehue hgs bugs.jif" territory, and he overreacted. End argument.

Rag, I specifically want to call you out on this though - as a warning. "No one can make any type of joke anymore" is pretty easy to interpret as "everything's too politically correct nowdays," which is a really bad direction to take things in if you enjoy this forum and especially this community.

true i should clarify, political correctness is fine (racist,sexist, etc. jokes shouldnt be tolerated) but the fact that Ram was being pretty sarcastic should account for something.

I like HaloGAF but i also like to voice my displeasure with the Dev (whether it be through jokes or the terrible Escalation art.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to talk about the politics of police on HaloGAF. PM me if you want to talk about my feelings and analysis. Or subscribe to my newsletter.
I don't have a newsletter.

Edit : Whoa, that Prophet honor guard is amazing.

There's something really great about seeing a Prophet concept like that where they aren't just ugly, haggard old men hunched over in space chairs. I'm normally not a big sci-fantasy guy, but he looks really Spanish Inquisition-era for some reason and I'm loving it.

Ramirez

I'm sorry I don't find you making an insulting joke ("just a joke" seems to be a common excuse for bad behavior around here), out of something people put time and effort into, isn't funny.

I ain't fallin' into your trap. The dude said they were going to be shitting their pants on the podcast, I made a joke, move along.

That's understandable, Grifball is pretty hectic.

P25MvIK.jpg

I gotta get my sports in while I can, cuz this fall, MCC is poopsockville, population:me.

There's something really great about seeing a Prophet concept like that where they aren't just ugly, haggard old men hunched over in space chairs. I'm normally not a big sci-fantasy guy, but he looks really Spanish Inquisition-era for some reason and I'm loving it.

Hopefully we'll get a (metaphorical) peek at pre-oldmansyndrome Prophets in the next book.

And yeah, that dude's art is amazing. 343 should really scoop him up.

EDIT: Although, I'm admittedly not terribly fond of this.

mjolnir_mk3_by_tdspiral-d7qho65.jpg

Kind of Mjolnir meets 40k terminator meets one too many burritos.

Blueblur1

Hopefully we'll get a (metaphorical) peek at pre-oldmansyndrome Prophets in the next book.

Yeah, that one isn't great.

GhaleonEB

My take on Ram's joke was he was saying, "now THAT's a show I'd watch!" rather than "any show you put out would be shittier than people shitting".

Ram, is that what you meant? Probably worth clarifying since so many folks didn't get it. It took me a few reads to get it. I see that's been pointed out but it's worth clearing the air at this point. (And I damn near banned you for using "a" instead of "an", but your excuse saved you :p)

Crude humor but it was in a reply to crude humor. If anyone is really offended by something, fell free to PM a mod and we'll check it out. If the argument is spiraling, just drop it in the meantime. That's probably a better route than keeping the argument going when it's going downhill. Just a suggestion. (We do actually read the thread, BTW, and don't just come running when the dinner bell rings. No, really.)

It's like he's been on a planet with really heavy gravity and is getting squished. While eating lots of burritos.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/194/e/f/mjolnir_mk3_by_tdspiral-d7qho65.jpg[IMG]

Kind of Mjolnir meets 40k terminator meets one too many burritos.[/QUOTE]

I really like the bulkier variation for a spin off Spartan team or something. I also like that the suit looks more like a full coverage armoured suit e.g. you don't see the underlay skin suit really.

One thing to point out though...how do you turn your head in that?

Looks like Halo Escalation issues 10 and on have a new artist. Hope it's an improvement.

And I want more pre-Covenant goodness. Or a proper look at Sanghelios in game.

Fuchsdh

The point of it is it's supposed to be the link between Mk II and IV. Given that one is your basic Spartan in Halo Wars and the other is the Halo Wars Cyclops--it's going to look a little odd :)

Top Bottom