• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hopefully we'll get a (metaphorical) peek at pre-oldmansyndrome Prophets in the next book.

And yeah, that dude's art is amazing. 343 should really scoop him up.

EDIT: Although, I'm admittedly not terribly fond of this.

mjolnir_mk3_by_tdspiral-d7qho65.jpg

Kind of Mjolnir meets 40k terminator meets one too many burritos.
Depends on what it wants to be? Just a Hulbuster suit for Chief or an elite in Mjolnir? If the latter then it fits abd looks awesome

Ramirez

My take on Ram's joke was he was saying, "now THAT's a show I'd watch!" rather than "any show you put out would be shittier than people shitting".

Ram, is that what you meant? Probably worth clarifying since so many folks didn't get it. It took me a few reads to get it. I see that's been pointed out but it's worth clearing the air at this point. (And I damn near banned you for using "a" instead of "an", but your excuse saved you :p)

Yes, of course. To me, 2 guys shitting themselves on a YT vid WOULD be way more compelling than anything anyone is gonna say in a fan made Halo podcast. I have weird humor, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm moving into town too

No BKs allowed in my neighborhood, sorry bruh.

nillapuddin

Was looking through my Imgur archive and saw these babies, man that was a kick ass time. I wish the MCC was around for that!

btw I cant wait to get back to the fan made UI portion of the hype cycle, I need to make something, havent had a design project for too long

daedalius

The new Escalation issue was fun.

Downloading now!

Edit: ehrmagherrrrrdddddd!!! Give me more!!!

off topic: I don't get the outrage over that cover, honestly. Spidey's been portrayed in basically the exact same pose dozens of times.

No material other than body paint would fit so closely over her butt.

Is Spider lady wearing body paint or a suit?

I'm also fairly certain the human body, regardless of exposure to super spider toxic awesome juice, can't bend like that. I thought it looked awful, personally.

Madness

In case you didn't know, that's TDSpiral's idea of what MJOLNIR Mk. III might look like.

oXtLenb.jpg

If this was supposedly Mark IV and we already know what the rest were like, I don't know if I like that version of Mark III, just too bulky and rudimentary. Looks almost like an astronaut suit in a sense.

Also, would you happen to know what Chief's armor is called in Halo 4 and beyond? Does it retcon the original Mark VI and those who wore it or is it Chief specific? Or exists separately?

darthbob

Also, would you happen to know what Chief's armor is called in Halo 4 and beyond? Does it retcon the original Mark VI and those who wore it or is it Chief specific? Or exists separately?

Sweet render, anyways the Halo 4 armor is a variation of the Mk. VI that John wore in Halo 3. The aesthetic differences haven't really been given a canonical explanation as to 'how' it changed, much like how the gauntlet changed from Halo 2 to Halo 3. I do recall that Frank mentioned that nanomachines were involved in the aesthetic changes to the Chief's armor at one point.

Canonically, the only actual changes to the Chief's armor was from Cortana updating the suit's firmware.

darthbob

This.

My money's still on retcon. Maybe they could have explained it away at some point in H4, but they didn't, so now Chief's armor has always looked like that.

Aside from Halo CE though, that's still clearly Mk. V.

I would like to see an explanation for those damn gauntlets though!

So tired. Being awake for more than 24hours is way too much. But today will be a glorious day: First I will hopefully hang out with Sai-Kun for a few hours in Chicago and finally get a deep dish pizza, and afterwards I will arrive in Seattle for PAX! So stoked and hope to have a blast this year. But Halo is finally back in form, so its going to be best fun I have. Cant wait for ya guys!

Tawpgun

This.

My money's still on retcon. Maybe they could have explained it away at some point in H4, but they didn't, so now Chief's armor has always looked like that.

most likely was. Different canonical things show different armors.

In Escalation, which is under 343's control and happened after Halo 4 shipped, shows not only Chief, but Blue team also having the Halo 4 armor. The opening cinematic for Halo 4 shows Spartan II's with Halo 4 armor

Curiously though, in Escalation Black Team has the old spartan II armor.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140723134907/halo/images/e/ef/Black_team_found_KIA.png

So who knows what they're doing nothing makes sense!

darthbob

In Escalation, which is under 343's control and happened after Halo 4 shipped, shows not only Chief, but Blue team also having the Halo 4 armor. The opening cinematic for Halo 4 shows Spartan II's with Halo 4 armor

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140723134907/halo/images/e/ef/Black_team_found_KIA.png

I wouldn't be basing any art from Escalation as adhering to canon...

HOla1pS.png

When it comes to prying canon out of Escalation, I wouldn't use anything other than the words in the bubbles. Everything else is the domain of the art team, who show every sign of having no goddamn clue what they're doing :p

As such, going off of the opening cinematic, it's a fair bet that H4 armors are the new standard (probably going to be tweaked again in H5), and anything that contradicts that is in error.

I wouldn't be basing any art from Escalation as adhering to canon...

HOla1pS.png

Was just looking for this exact example.

Madness

That's a complete shame if the original MK VI which became even more iconic than MK V is retconned out of existence. If I had a choice, I'd probably use MK V. Or the original MK VI all of the time.

Sure it would've taken more time and slightly more resources but having Chief be upgraded to new armor on the Infinity was literally the best option. Oh well. I know there are a lot of fans of the new design but it's not about that.

darthbob

That's a complete shame if the original MK VI which became even more iconic than MK V is retconned out of existence. If I had a choice, I'd probably use MK V. Or the original MK VI all of the time.

Sure it would've taken more time and slightly more resources but having Chief be upgraded to new armor on the Infinity was literally the best option. Oh well. I know there are a lot of fans of the new design but it's not about that.

I'm not an especially huge fan of the current-era Mk. VI, but it's not horrible either.

The helmet looks cool, and the actual armor pieces themselves look pretty decent. What I don't like though is how prominent the body-glove is. It just stands out too much, and makes the actual armor look like they just pasted it over the body-glove.

This is especially prevalent when doing the armor customization in Halo 4.

2343710-f6p8e.png

Madness

I'm not an especially huge fan of the current-era Mk. VI, but it's not horrible either.

The helmet looks cool, and the actual armor pieces themselves look pretty decent. What I don't like though is how prominent the body-glove is. It just stands out too much, and makes the actual armor look like they just pasted it over the body-glove.

This is especially prevalent when doing the armor customization in Halo 4.

2343710-f6p8e.png

Even though I don't like how light the armor necessarily is, for some reason, I just think personifies Chief best. I don't think the new design is bad by any means. I think it's modern, gritty, has a more fighter jet style look to it, like he's a war machine. But I think nostalgia just will make me like this more.

I can't wait to see the final blur cinematics, because the Chief in them is a fully detailed old style Mark VI.

darthbob

cROTgn4.jpg

Even though I don't like how light the armor necessarily is, for some reason, I just think personifies Chief best. I don't think the new design is bad by any means. I think it's modern, gritty, has a more fighter jet style look to it, like he's a war machine. But I think nostalgia just will make me like this more.

I can't wait to see the final blur cinematics, because the Chief in them is a fully detailed old style Mark VI.

Mmm... dem H2 Mk. VI gauntlets.

why da fuck are they still using the reach grunt models tho

Anyone got that line chart of Halo game Metascore over time with the Spartan on the wheelchair rolling down the negative gradient between Halo 4 and Spartan Assault?

san_shyuum_warrior_by_tdspiral-d7urf7g.jpg

Prophet honor guard enemies are something I never knew I wanted. Holy hell. Seeing peak-of-their-military-prowess variations of Haloverse content always makes me giddy.

Always wanted to see more of the lower ranked San 'Shyuum in the games, though there are less than 1000 San 'Shuum in the galaxy after High Charity's infestation. They really haven't had a nice time over the millennia...

Mistel

Banned
No material other than body paint would fit so closely over her butt.

Is Spider lady wearing body paint or a suit?

I'm also fairly certain the human body, regardless of exposure to super spider toxic awesome juice, can't bend like that. I thought it looked awful, personally.
She's wearing a skin tight suit like she always is. She's mean to be climbing just onto the roof,with her other leg down off the roof according to Manara.

oXtLenb.jpg

If this was supposedly Mark IV and we already know what the rest were like, I don't know if I like that version of Mark III, just too bulky and rudimentary. Looks almost like an astronaut suit in a sense.
The Halo Wars cyclops is based on Mark III and that's straight up a mech.
According to the Halo 4 essential visual guide Chief's armor in Halo 4 is Mark VI customized by Cortana to resemble a variant of Mark IV that he wore once. Regular Mark VI is still canon.

better than halo 4's mini elite models

what is the Bone kinect going for on ebay?
the bids get up to 65 to 70 dollars usually, but then there is shipping and handling ranging from 10 to 15 bucks on top of that. So most are around 80 to 85 total. I'm not really wanting to pay a bunch of money, but better something in the 80 dollar price range over 120 to 150.

Sorry Ghal and Ram, I just have my guard up, so i interpreted the joke as a personal attack than a joke. No hard feelings.

Now...

Back to halo.

That prophet honor guard looks absolutely fantastic.
Even though it reminds me of Indiana Jones 4.

TheOddOne

Here's the real question, Mr One... The hell you doing watching the fault of our stars?!
Mostly my sis and niece wanted to see it, and I had nothing to do for a while so I stuck around and watched too. My quota for being a decent brother this month needed to be filled anyway.

Top Bottom