• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Vooduu

I hope they at least give us the options of removing it.

But I doubt sprint is going anywhere. Way too ingrained in shooters nowadays. I know its bad for Halo but now when I play an older Halo it feels wrong not to have sprint. I'm just so used to it.

I guess we'll see in the Beta. Hopefully 343 can pull it off.

Same reason SDCC panels aren't streamed: if they were streamed, almost nobody would buy tickets.
And yet some other cons like RTX allow streaming and do just fine. And really that's a bullshit reason because the panels get officially uploaded to youtube for anyone to watch for free anyways. People aren't going to not attend a con because the panels are being live streamed. It really should be up to the people holding the panels whether or not it gets live streamed.

Hopefully they get the panel up on youtube quickly.

Same reason SDCC panels aren't streamed: if they were streamed, almost nobody would buy tickets.
NerdHQ does it very successfully as an off-site panel during the same time, not sure why SDCC can't figure it out. I think it would be incredibly beneficial to everyone if panels were streamed even on a post-con basis.

I enjoyed the 'pack in Reach but I'm fine with counter mechanics like the bolded, incidentally (so power drain and plasma nade aoe?). Lord knows Armor Lock should have had them too (a nade or a vehicle hit should have knocked one out of it, ditto PP overcharge).
something needed to be done to those beyond the timer. I'll be very happy to never see either one in competitive matchmaking again.

Reposting just in case no one saw it last night, but we did it! We prevented it from becoming vaporware much like other fabled Halo podcasts! (I'm looking at you ManCannon). We upped the audio quality and the number of dumb halo in-jokes in this one, we're pretty proud of it, and hope you guys will take time to listen and leave feedback!

(The Banner is clickable, it goes to Episode 2!)

Wahrer, zoojoo, Mix and Ghazi are back with episode two of Reclaimer Radio! The first half covers Ian and Austin's RTX meetup, while after the intermission we all have a roundtable covering the new Halo: The Master Chief Collection information, the Halo 5: Guardians beta information, and finally Halo 5 and Halo Nightfall speculation.

Link to Ian's RTX writeup

Madness

Yes, it's all a long-term plan to defend 343. 

I just noticed that Madness' statement was a generalization and clarified it a bit; that's all. Jeez. :/

Please don't throw me under the bus like that to cover yourself. You took what was a simple post by me where I said the best part of the beta being so early is that, if there is something truly bad, or that wrecks the game like an armor lock or boltshot, it won't make it in. You replied "unless 343 wants it in the final game, developers prerogative etc." and I agreed with that.

How is it a generalization to suggest that feedback from the communities and players of the beta can cause 343 to change what makes it into the final game? They had no plans to bring Red X on death back into Halo 4 until the fanbase all over complained and then they listened and did it.

Tawpgun

Honestly, if they just up the base speed to near sprint levels and the maps are small enough it would be sweet.

Maybe sprint would be available in BTB.

Nebula

Enjoyable podcast content and discussion wise. Just work on the audio and maybe less mouse clicking/keyboard tapping and it'll be great to listen to.

Enjoyable podcast content and discussion wise. Just work on the audio and maybe less mouse clicking/keyboard tapping and it'll be great to listen to.

Yeah. I was interested in giving this another shot, but I don't think I can listen to it like that ;[

I'm still toying with the mastering. It's hard to find a balance between enough reverb to saturate the conversation that it doesn't sound Halo 2 XBL lobby levels of low-res and so much that it sounds like we're all exploring Forerunner catacombs. I'll tone it down in Episode 3, though.

Hey, would you guys be interested if me and Mix recorded a supplementary episode where we just reminisce about RTX, not taking the slot of a full episode, but just having something tacked on, in case people were interested in hearing about our experiences and learning more about RTX?

I ask this, because I lot of stuff not included in the write up got cut from episode 2 (for good reason, shit ton of content to go over), and it'd be fun to talk about, since it would be just us two shitting our pants the entire time.

Mix

I'm glad people are liking it. I don't know if it's because I am in it and I know what was cut or if it really feels like it, but I think in the next episode we'll stay more on topic/cut less. It would be fun to do an episode about nothing post MCC release.

Ramirez

Hey, would you guys be interested if me and Mix recorded a supplementary episode where we just reminisce about RTX, not taking the slot of a full episode, but just having something tacked on, in case people were interested in hearing about our experiences and learning more about RTX?

I ask this, because I lot of stuff not included in the write up got cut from episode 2 (for good reason, shit ton of content to go over), and it'd be fun to talk about, since it would be just us two shitting our pants the entire time.

A YT video of this would be for more enjoyable than any podcast you all are gonna put out.

I'm new, so forgive me, but are there multiple HaloGAF podcasts?

Nah, the other ones got Halo jobs.

Omni

New Internet gets installed this morning. Hoping latency gets a bit better than it is now while playing Halo

/random

A YT video of this would be for more enjoyable than any podcast you all are gonna put out.

What the fuck is your deal? We're just trying to put out content that the community can enjoy, not just for Grandpa Ramirez. I realize that no one necessarily asked for something to take the place of HGR, but we're here now, and this is something that we do not only for the community, but it's also something we enjoy, not because we want to get hired by 343 or whatever reason, that's not even a consideration. We love the community, and just want to help it find a voice.

Easy, Zoo – try not to let it get to you. HaloGAF can still be pretty hostile. It's good that you're putting out a podcast. Ram was way out of line.

I appreciate that Dax, just got a little frustrated.

What the fuck is your deal? We're just trying to put out content that the community can enjoy, not just for Grandpa Ramirez. I realize that no one necessarily asked for something to take the place of HGR, but we're here now, and this is something that we do not only for the community, but it's also something we enjoy, not because we want to get hired by 343 or whatever reason, that's not even a consideration. We love the community, and just want to help it find a voice.

Easy, Zoo – try not to let it get to you. HaloGAF can still be pretty hostile. It's good that you're putting out a podcast. Ram was way out of line.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Just jokes breh

Tawpgun

Actually, it might be interesting if you guys made it a video podcast type deal. Skype in and shit.

And then offer an audio option ripped from the video if people want to only listen to audio.

Actually, it might be interesting if you guys made it a video podcast type deal. Skype in and shit.

And then offer an audio option ripped from the video if people want to only listen to audio.

We've definitely thought about that a lot, and we may move to that format in the future.

Fun fact: Episode 1 was planned to be that originally, then we realized the call quality went to shit/

Fuck skype for starters. You guys don't have access to anything that allows for higher quality sound? Mumble or something?

We're definitely trying to find ways to improve the audio, like recording our audio tracks separately and send them in for editing, but there are a whole bunch of hoops to jump through technically for that to happen. Needless to say, we're trying our best to further improve the quality with each subsequent episode.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All this custom games talk is making me hyped to play some Halo with you all this November. It's funny how there are a ton of potentially awesome games coming out in the coming months and the only one I'm really excited for is a collection of games I've already played.

I appreciate that Dax, just got a little frustrated.

Did you see what Ram posted? He was saying a video of you guys shitting yourselves would be entertaining, he was not mocking your audio podcast efforts.

Just sayin'.

Just saw this cover art:

Halo_Escalation_11.jpg

It's cool, sure, but in what instance would a Spartan ever need to fling themselves at a Jackal with a combat knife like that?

Top Bottom