• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Tawpgun

Guys, we can play Jenga on Halo 3! :D

Happy forge stuff from 3 and 4 is caring over.

I think he misunderstood that question. How is it possibly gonna carry over?

You need to make them from scratch.

Also that question....Escalation shows Chief knows Spartan II are alive?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Comics spoilers:
Didn't Chief reunite with Blue Team? So he knows other Spartan IIs are alive.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I think he misunderstood that question. How is it possibly gonna carry over?

You need to make them from scratch.

Also that question....Escalation shows Chief knows Spartan II are alive?

I think he meant in game chief vs lore chief.

Seriously, how is there NOT going to be a bundle for Halo? It's friggin Halo!
I wonder if they didn't expect the the hype to be this big for the MCC. I'm sticking to the white SO bundle, so it doesn't affect me much now. Although if they did announce a bundle at this point, gamestop and other stores will have a headache with all the people trying to switch their preorders.

-Ryn

Banned
Didn't expect the larger battle question. Seems like the crowd like it lol

Stream was cool but I'm sad there wasn't anything on Coagulation or the unannounced map. Frankie was great with those questions (as to be expected).

Because SOUNDS HURT MORE!
That question was amazing

This question almost got asked, but I'm not sure...are they including all the original sound effects in the Halo: CE portion this time? I want to be able to play the original trilogy in its entirety with original assets.

Also great to hear about Reach being most asked about refreshing. I know it was announced as a Games with Gold title for the second half of September, but are there any plans for a playlist update? It's been almost two years.

Also, what's happening to Halo Waypoint and career scores?

Seems like the new sound engine is exclusive to H2. H1 will probably be a carbon copy of the anniversary edition, with minor tweaks.
This is my intuition as well.

The original sound effects and music will play along the original graphics and vice versa.
This was said specifically about Halo 2 Anniversary.

TheOddOne

I think I’ve said this before, but it needs to be repeated; 343 has stepped up massively in how they handle their PR.
This question almost got asked, but I'm not sure...are they including all the original sound effects in the Halo: CE portion this time? I want to be able to play the original trilogy in its entirety with original assets.
Seems like the new sound engine is exclusive to H2. H1 will probably be a carbon copy of the anniversary edition, with minor tweaks.

-Ryn

Banned
The original sound effects and music will play along the original graphics and vice versa.

I think I’ve said this before, but it needs to be repeated; 343 has stepped up massively in how they handle their PR.

Frankie's face got real sad when that guy brought up player population. then when frankie said that timing was off, i was like "What?". there isnt a time for Cod elements in Halo

GrizzNKev

Banned
I sat in the front row right under Frank's nose. The bass was a bit much but the new audio is really, really good. I noticed that while playing yesterday.

TheOddOne

Frankie's face got real sad when that guy brought up player population. then when frankie said that timing was off, i was like "What?". there isnt a time for Cod elements in Halo
Overall his response was fair and polite. Normally people closer to the project would be overly defensive, and Frankie wasn't that at all.

I sat in the front row right under Frank's nose. The bass was a bit much but the new audio is really, really good. I noticed that while playing yesterday.
The guns sound more like captured audio and less like a video game. Like everything in game design, more realistic does not necessarily mean better. The gun sounds in Halo have always been designed to be easily distinguishable. There's also a lot of nostalgia that I feel for the little things, like the reload sound on the sniper, for instance, but maybe I'm just weird about audio.

Mashing <F5> on the press site for 1080p60 Sierra 117.
Yes, please. I watched some of the 1080p60 footage for Sanctuary and it looked incredible. The stream went to shit for me when they showed the H3 teaser, so it just looked like I was watching a stream of existing Halo 3.

belushy

Banned
Guys, we can play Jenga on Halo 3! :D

Happy forge stuff from 3 and 4 is caring over.

I think that was misunderstood question.

edit: But either way I'm very excited for forge. Mirrored pieces and simple scripting. Can't wait. Hopefully the scripting is full blown for Halo 5. Could finally make our own firefight missions :D

The guns sound more like captured audio and less like a video game. Like everything in game design, more realistic does not necessarily mean better. The gun sounds in Halo have always been designed to be easily distinguishable. There's also a lot of nostalgia that I feel for the little things, like the reload sound on the sniper, for instance, but maybe I'm just weird about audio.
exactly

What did they show for halo 3?

Sierra 117

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's hard for me to put my finger on why, but I'm not feeling any of the annoyance and frustration I felt during the Halo 4 hype train. And it's not just because MCC looks better than Halo 4, it's also what they're saying and how they're saying it.

Overall his response was fair and polite. Normally people closer to the project would be overly defensive, and Frankie wasn't that at all.
His response was what I hoped for. He didn't shift the blame and said,
"We got the message loud and clear"
That is exactly what I wanted to hear

Top Bottom