• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

For those like the commentators who don't know the difference, stalactites hang "tight" from the ceiling. Like babby tawp, this is a thing I learned in grade school.

the-more-you-know.jpg

Sniper Spree medal returns. Hopefully this means the other weapon spree medals are back. Their exclusion from H4 while including stuff like "Rocket Kill" made no sense.

Sniper Spree medal returns. Hopefully this means the other weapon spree medals are back. Their exclusion from H4 while including stuff like "Rocket Kill" made no sense.
So this implies the medals we've been seeing are not just placeholder. That's a bummer, since I think the Halo 4 designs are inferior. Plus, there are so many superfluous ones.

It's a good thing these are just minor complaints, though.

Tawpgun

Another cringey thing.

In Nightfall

"They found a compound that selectively kills humans and nothing else"

Ok, this is pretty in line with something sci fi forerunner shit can create.

"Not a compound, an element"

Aww cmon. Why'd you have to ruin everything.

So this implies the medals we've been seeing are not just placeholder. That's a bummer, since I think the Halo 4 designs are inferior. Plus, there are so many superfluous ones.

It's a good thing these are just minor complaints, though.

The designs might still be placeholder (most look copy-pasta), but the actual events that trigger them are enough work required to put them in that it implies those medal events are going to be in the game.

Another cringey thing.

In Nightfall

Yeah that really bugs me too. If you're gonna do sci-fi for modern people to enjoy, get the damn science right to some extent, not just go Deepak Chopra on us and use whatever terms you want willy-nilly with no regard to their actual meaning.

darthbob

Another cringey thing.

In Nightfall

Given how advanced Forerunner technology is I wouldn't be surprised if they could synthesize a new element.

To me, that's even more awesome than 'just a compound'.

Another cringey thing.

In Nightfall

They found an island of stability element that only kills humans. Say it often enough and you'll start to believe it.

Computron

Another cringey thing.

In Nightfall

Stupidium.

Its quantity is boundless.

Tawpgun

Given how advanced Forerunner technology is I wouldn't be surprised if they could synthesize a new element.

They can synthesize a new element for sure. Humans have already done that. But it makes no sense why an element would only selectively kill humans.

Dude, that's not a big deal. Humans have synthesized plenty of elements. That's not the objection here.

EDIT: beaten. Also, let's not forget that the heavier the element gets, the less stable (except for a couple theorized cases) they become and the shorter their lifespan. That's why they aren't found in nature. Unless we're going to completely just redefine what "elements" are for this one piece of lore-schlock, it's just dumb.

darthbob

Damn, I don't know if I just didn't notice it before, but Frankie is looking good! Nice glasses :)

Thanks for the link!

For sure. I slept through most of the panel, so all this info is NEW and EXCITING for me lol

They can synthesize a new element for sure. Humans have already done that. But it makes no sense why an element would only selectively kill humans.

Yeah, I guess. I mean, this is the Forerunners that we're dealing with though. So a certain suspension of disbelief should be maintained, IMO.

Computron

Yeah that really bugs me too. If you're gonna do sci-fi for modern people to enjoy, get the damn science right to some extent, not just go Deepak Chopra on us and use whatever terms you want willy-nilly with no regard to their actual meaning.

Deebag makes my head hurt with his quantum nonsense.

Sai-kun

Banned
Okay wait, someone remind me what the title of the song in the background for the Nightfall video is called? The first one with the vaguely techno beat.

Kibbles

Dual needles snipedown lol he's gone mad
Edit: ohh snap that was nice

Strongside strongsiding. Halo 2 is officially back.

wwm0nkey

Im pretty sure im 100% back on the Halo hype train now. A lot of the collection has exceeded my expectations even since the leak and 343 has a great attitude about the future so looks like I made a good choice when I decided to get an Xbox One based off the leak lol

Okay wait, someone remind me what the title of the song in the background for the Nightfall video is called? The first one with the vaguely techno beat.

Pretty sure that was a remix of Heretic, Hero.

Also, working on a Title Update for OTAnnie. Preview:

30144_s.gif

The main banner rotates out taglines from every (still contextually-applicable, aka no Forge OT slogans) OT in HaloGAF's history!

Top Bottom