• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

T2T and the Cutscene Room as 5-point achievements would be nice.

Ugh no.

Achievements are supposed to be neat little side things that require you to get the most out of the game not spend hours performing glitches and tricks jumps that push the boundaries of sanity.

T2T went years without happening and required some of the most dedicated tricksters in the game spending countless hours and reaching the H2 Cutscene room is worth nothing to the average player.

Achievements like those miss the point of achievements. Look at Quake 4 back when the Xbox 360 launched it had achievements for being 1st in the world. What kind of shit is that. It was literally impossible to do after a certain point because the population died and the people at the top had used multiple consoles farming EXP and no one was ever coming close to that.

The end of the 360 games had achievements down to a solid standard. Reward exploration and tests of endurance and skill but don't push players into spending hours doing mindless shit with no sense of accomplishment at the end.

Halo has always had good achievements. (Halo Wars aside) That people could attain with dedication.

Madness

Eh, I'm not even ashamed to admit I'm probably going to be garbage-tier/BK in Halo CE/2/3. It's been 13, 10, and 7 years since I last really played those games. Just don't have the ability or patience to learn/play as I did. Plus my eyesight has really gone to shit in the past few years especially in my right eye.

I'll probably spend most of my time early on in unranked and then jump to ranked once I've "learned" it all again. Excited to see how ranking will work.

Madness

Also, seems like IGN has over promised 1080p/60 fps for each campaign and multi-player when 343 has never explicitly said that, and going by what Frank said a little while back, seems H2A campaign will be the only one not to hit 1080p/60.

Booshka

Eh, I'm not even ashamed to admit I'm probably going to be garbage-tier/BK in Halo CE/2/3. It's been 13, 10, and 7 years since I last really played those games. Just don't have the ability or patience to learn/play as I did. Plus my eyesight has really gone to shit in the past few years especially in my right eye.

I'll probably spend most of my time early on in unranked and then jump to ranked once I've "learned" it all again. Excited to see how ranking will work.

Ya I am kinda in the same boat, out of my competitive gaming prime. Still really good and better than most, but I'll never be able to hang with the kind of players I used to be able to compete with.

As for your eyesight, get it checked out and wear some glasses while gaming, it's helped me a ton.

Mistel

Banned
Why the fuel rod? It wasn't in regular map rotation, and it doesn't break maps the way the splaser did.
That was more of a 4 oriented comment where it being on map in combination with the ammo thingy and ordinance gave you a power weapon that was truly devastating in even less capable hands. In 2 and 3 it's fine.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I am MUCH better at making headshots in the 1080p 60fps games, so I imagine I will be the only one and become a leet player who cannot be beaten oh wait

HTupolev

I am MUCH better at making headshots in the 1080p 60fps games, so I imagine I will be the only one and become a leet player who cannot be beaten oh wait
Frankie, can you tell us what kind of impact 1080p60 is having on people's ability to mongoose splatter?

Booshka

I can't wait to see what all the Addy'd up 15 year olds will be doing with MCC. Tweaking on addy, landing sick nasty dome shots.

Dax: [standing before the heirarchs and HaloGaf] There was only one laser.

JC: One? Are you sure?

Dax: Yes. They called it the "splazer"

JC: Why was it not removed with the rest of their kind?

Dax: It fled as we set fire to their base. I followed with all the spartans in my command.

Booties: When you first saw the laser, were you blinded by its magesty?

Dax: Blinded?

JC: Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?

Dax: No!

JC: Yet the the blue team were able to evade your sniper shots, land on the hill, and descrate it with their filty footsteps!

Dax: Noble hierarchs, surely you understand that once the banshee attacked...

[HaloGaf uproars]

JC: There will be order in this counsel!

Booties: [Gestures HaloGaf to be silent] You were right to focus your attention on hill, but this laser? This splazer?

Dax: By the time I learned of the laser's intent, there was nothing I could do!

[HaloGaf uproars again]

OddOne: [whispering] JC, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bungler! The Counsel demands it!

JC: [to the Dax] You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your fleet with honor and distinction. But, your inability to love the laser was a colossal failure.

Squidhands: Nay! It was heresy!

[HaloGaf uproars intensely]

Dax: I will continue my campaign against the Laser!

JC: No, you will not.

[Signals the Henery to take her away]

JC: The Great Journey is about to begin. But, when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

Senador: #butts

senador

Banned

Dax: It fled as we set fire to their base. I followed with all the spartans in my command.

JC: Yet the the blue team were able to evade your sniper shots, land on the hill, and descrate it with their filty footsteps!

[HaloGaf uproars]

Booties: [Gestures HaloGaf to be silent] You were right to focus your attention on hill, but this laser? This splazer?

[HaloGaf uproars again]

OddOne: [whispering] JC, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bungler! The Counsel demands it!

JC: [to the Dax] You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your fleet with honor and distinction. But, your inability to love the laser was a colossal failure.

JC: The Great Journey is about to begin. But, when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

Brilliant! Also, butts.

[HaloGaf uproars]

[HaloGaf uproars again]

you're crazy

the laser must go

CyReN

Halo Waypoint to get a new look

Hello friends!

There’s a strong likelihood that many of you reading this update have called Waypoint home for many years, and it is with great pleasure that we share details with you about something new that is on the way. Our web team has been hard at work on a secret project that, until now, had not been discussed outside of the studio walls. This endeavor just happens to be a hefty website update, and the first major redesign for Halo Waypoint.

The update will bring a wide variety of improvements, new features, and a brand new look. We’ve improved search functionality, developed brand-new customizable user profile pages, an events calendar that will keep you updated with digital and live Halo events, and much more.

Additionally, the Halo 4 File Browser will now be located within the Halo 4 Stats App, and community-created polls will no longer be available in the forums. The ability to create polls in the current forums will end on October 10.

Lastly, we are developing brand-new Halo Universe content that we’re excited to share with you. This content will come online next month, shortly after launch. The new Waypoint will be launching within the next few weeks, and we’ll have a bit more to share as we get closer to this date.

Stay tuned for shiny things.

Bravo

Akai__

I really don't mind the Spartan Laser, but what I can't stand are horrible MP achievements, that involve the Laser. Can't wait to do the 2 for 1 Spartan Laser kill in a FFA playlist again.

Soeaking of achievements, when can we expect to see the full list? I kinda hope IGN covers it as well, but it's really not that important.

Madness

Finally! Any idea is sign in to view quick stats is still required? Here's hoping it finally loads quickly on my phone so that I can check during matches.

I really don't mind the Spartan Laser, but what I can't stand are horrible MP achievements, that involve the Laser. Can't wait to do the 2 for 1 Spartan Laser kill in a FFA playlist again.

Soeaking of achievements, when can we expect to see the full list? I kinda hope IGN covers it as well, but it's really not that important.

Spent 2 straight days in lone wolves going for this achievement. Completely shit up my ranks, or any fun I had. In the end, just as I was about to give up, I did it twice in one day. Both saved on my file share. Once in a match on high ground where I got lucky as two were about to melee each other, and another in King of the Hill snowbound. Here's hoping I never have to do it again. I think this was the turning point in when I stopped caring about achievements. I just had to have it done, without boosting either.

Mr Bouncerverse

Neo Member
Why the fuel rod? It wasn't in regular map rotation, and it doesn't break maps the way the splaser did.

Remove the Spartan Laser from Halo 3 BTB!

It is a bit overpowered against vehicles. How would feel about it being replaced by rockets or the fuel rod in big team, but staying in maps like Construct?

It seems pretty balanced against infantry.

Madness

I'm assuming the newer hires like Ghost, Neighbor, Tashi, Bravo are utterly cleaning up during in-house matches? Any plans to have any 343 vs. The World type events during launch and/or the Halo 5 Beta?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We're all pretty excited for the new site update to go live, it's incredibly sharp and pretty. The web team knocked it out of the park.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Went and checked out Waypoint for the first time in ages because of the post last page.

Can service record posts be a thing now in prep for the MCC?
4rE8eEN.png
Itching to get some more Halo time. It's been too long.

Omni

I only had a 1 K/D in Halo 3 which drags it down a lot. But in my defence I only started playing online two years after launch, literally every ranked game felt like it was full of second accounts and being Australian meant I had yellow bar constantly

SUlFAvv.png

I had years of offline campaign and customs gameplay. Shame it wasn't recorded

aycb

Neo Member
Went and checked out Waypoint for the first time in ages because of the post last page.

Can service record posts be a thing now in prep for the MCC?

Itching to get some more Halo time. It's been too long.

dBY5Dw3.png

That k/d

In my defence I spent a lot of time in Halo 2 trying to be friends with the other team (worked more often than it would these days)

Top Bottom