• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember warthogs in particular being deadlier in 3 than they were in past games. I worry taking out the spartan laser and replacing it with the rocket launcher could have consequences.
In Halo 3, you have the following to take out Warthogs: brute shot, plasma pistol, plasma grenades, energy drainer, rockets, turrets, and missile launcher.

Maps play much better without the spartan laser. You get more vehicle action and the maps feel more dynamic because a team can't be completely shutdown by the weapon.
Without the Laser, dominating with the Halo 3 Hog becomes that much easier. The Halo 3 Hog has:
  • Tight controls
  • A great brake
  • Speed
  • Feels like a Tank in survivability
  • A turret with INSANE accuracy
  • etc.
Rockets: slowest and weakest in the series
PP: tracking isn't too great
Power Drain: good luck landing one against a competent driver
Missle Pod: lol.
Plasma Grenades: best bet, but still risky
Brute Shot: not nearly enough ammo to make a difference, nor is it in abundance in multiplayer

There's a good argument for both sides IMO.

Master Chief is the right color in the cutscenes.. why is his armor a weird lime green in the game?

I just zoned out watching that repeat and repeat.

The blur cutscenes just reaffirm my belief that the Bungie era armors are so much better than 343's overly busy ones

I feel like 343 should aim for an armor configuration that strikes a visual middle-ground between the Halo 3 and 4 armor.

Sephzilla

I feel like 343 should aim for an armor configuration that strikes a visual middle-ground between the Halo 3 and 4 armor.

There's just something different about the 343 Halo 4 armors.

The Bungie armors felt like they were spacesuits. The 343 armors feel like they're trying to be Crysis.

jem0208

59193d1406414259-st-vs-cts-v-wagon-jizz-my-pants.gif

Basically if they were on fire they wouldn't blow up unless you health was all the way down, basically it was tied to your health and made vehicles useful.

343 please make sure this is in H2A, its actually critical for BTB.

Right, right. I'd prefer the health bar system, honestly. Make vehicles tougher to compensate, maybe?

There's something weird about the Chief escaping from the Covenant ship. He's... wobbling too much

IDK

Looks like he's running for his life and readying his footsteps for a massive leap off the edge. Looks like a genuine state of panic. Even for the MC, I think that's understandable :)

dwells

People arguing about Halo 1 graphics 13 years later. I bet Bungie would have given everything to know they'd have this level of longevity when making the game.
Exactly, that's the reason I'm so concerned about the graphics. I think it's really a great looking game that deserves the best. The original game and assets actually hold up pretty damn well if they're rendered properly.

Please tell me the reason we've been getting little to no screenshots or video is because they signed an exclusivity deal with IGN...

The blur cutscenes just reaffirm my belief that the Bungie era armors are so much better than 343's overly busy ones
I think Halo 2 was the sweet sport for armor. Around Halo 3 when the armor customization came in is when I think the armor started going a little overboard and then things got worse than there. Having a ton of individual interchangeable pieces isn't going to look as good as spending all your time and effort designing a single unified set of armor. Whatever they do, I hope they move away from Halo 4 - the Spartans don't even look like Spartans anymore, just generic sci-fi armor dudes.

Well, adding a post process blur filter that wasn't in the original should be about as trivial as dropping in FXAA or SMAA 1x shaders. ;)
You'd think so, especially since there should be ample resources leftover to implement some proper post-processing.

Pretty disappointed the last map is Wizard, never seemed very popular, albeit it's a solid map. I would have like to see Waterworks or Terminal though.

Pretty disappointed the last map is Wizard, never seemed very popular, albeit it's a solid map. I would have like to see Waterworks or Terminal though.

Are we for sure this is the confirmed map, or are we still working off a "leaked" blurry image. I mean...it looked totally legit, just curious. What makes me hesitant is 343 apparently stated that there wouldn't be any more Halo 2 DLC maps featured in H2:A MP.

Are we for sure this is the confirmed map, or are we still working off a "leaked" blurry image. I mean...it looked totally legit, just curious. What makes me hesitant is 343 apparently stated that there wouldn't be any more Halo 2 DLC maps featured in H2:A MP.

I don't think it was confirmed. Beli343.

Not confirmed, no. Though when Halo 4 was coming out there was an even more blurry image of Ragnarok on the map selection, so it's not like it's anything new.

Just be wary that IGN first has been fairly terrible since it's introduction.

But it's better then nothing.

Although I typically despise IGN and hate how they use a blonde haired chick with doofy drum beat music every day to deliver news (click master-baiting), Ryan typically does a decent job at Halo news. At least he is genuinely excited and hyped about the MCC. His E3 interview with Dan Ayoub and Stinkles was actually quite good--asked important questions and was one of the few to ask about superbounces and BXR's in Halo 2 Classic.

Overdoziz

Banned
Please tell me there was something wrong with the build those Halo 1 screenshots were gathered from. It looks terrible; jaggies everywhere and then some sort of muddy blur filter all over the entire image. Doesn't even look like native 1080p and looks more like a poorly upscaled image.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if that's what the game actually looks like. There's no excuse for the game looking drastically, drastically worse than Halo PC running on a several year old PC:
I'm with ya mate. The screenshots look pretty bad compared to that game that came out on PC a SpeedyBlueDude ago. Doesn't help that it's a compressed screenshot, but the aliasing and muddy/blurry look to it is strange.

Vinc

So do we have an update on the classic mode causing sub 1080p on H2A's campaign? I don't really care about the switch being real time, I really hope we can turn off that option to make it 1080p if they can't make it otherwise.

Top Bottom