• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

RowdyReverb

I was just thinking of a new game type for MCC. Imagine a 3-round team slayer game in which each round was won by the first team to 15 kills. The twist is that each round uses the same map, but in a different engine. For example, you might play Lockout, followed by Blackout, and finally Lockdown. Best 2 out of 3 wins and shows a broad skill at each of the Halo games. Would anyone else play this?

-Ryn

Banned
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?
I am the one who will BURST THROUGH THE HEAVENS!!

Haven't seen you before. Welcome.

--

So do you guys think Invasion will be back in the MCC? Could happen. I think there are some maps that could support it.

I was just thinking of a new game type for MCC. Imagine a 3-round team slayer game in which each round was won by the first team to 15 kills. The twist is that each round uses the same map, but in a different engine. For example, you might play Lockout, followed by Blackout, and finally Lockdown. Best 2 out of 3 wins and shows a broad skill at each of the Halo games. Would anyone else play this?
I'd play it as I think it could be a lot of fun though it could pose problems based on the current model for matchmaking in the MCC. If it were it's own playlist however I can see it working.

Halogaf, forgive me.

eTQRp31.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Nope. I think it would be too jarring.

Booshka

Only if the three games are weighted in skill properly, so only Lockout in Halo 2 really matters. You could jump off the map all game in the other two and win overall, so long as you won Halo 2.

RowdyReverb

I'd play it as I think it could be a lot of fun though it could pose problems based on the current model for matchmaking in the MCC. If it were it's own playlist however I can see it working.
Definitely would only show up in the general Team Slayer playlist.

Nope. I think it would be too jarring.
The jarring-ness would be half the challenge though. Like a Halo Triathlon.

Only if the three games are weighted in skill properly, so only Lockout in Halo 2 really matters. You could jump off the map all game in the other two and win overall, so long as you won Halo 2.
Hey now

No fun zone B O Y S

Don't worry bud, you can keep chasing that CE dream next month!
You shit.
I ain't chasing shit, I ain't spending 500 or so dollars to play CE MP on XBL when that shit could have been done 5 years ago.
You too.
Bladedancers don't even stand a chance inside that bubble.
Used to play with 5 Warlock friends who used to complain nonstop about the Bladedancers being OP.. I tried explaining that the shit was basically Destiny's Halo 3 Sword with a tad more consistency, but nope.

Shit heads everywhere. HaloGAF OT's were birthed through Halo 3; can't get more corrupt. Frankie save us, Tashi cut the radar, Bravo.. you handsome son.
Where's David Ellis been?

Thank you all.
bow.gif

One month from today the new Halo book comes out.

It could be awesome and the start of a new round of good books.

Or it could be the thing that pushes me away from Halo novels for a long time. Especially after Mortal Dictata.

It's up in the air.

Omni

One month from today the new Halo book comes out.

It could be awesome and the start of a new round of good books.

Or it could be the thing that pushes me away from Halo novels for a long time. Especially after Mortal Dictata.

It's up in the air.

Can't wait to read about the Forerunner prophecy that references the Nazi woman, Halsey, and her destructive hold over humanity

oh wow halogaf is active tonight. i watched OU lay an egg today, so now I just want the entire college football season to turn into chaos with ranked teams dropping left and right. Currently watching the utah/ucla game and rooting against ucla. can't wait to play CE with booshka and ram :3

Booshka

oh wow halogaf is active tonight. i watched OU lay an egg today, so now I just want the entire college football season to turn into chaos with ranked teams dropping left and right. Currently watching the utah/ucla game and rooting against ucla. can't wait to play CE with booshka and ram :3

In case you didn't read me right earlier, I'm not buying an Xbone for MCC. Halo CE is in my top 3 games of all time, but I'm not gonna buy a new console to play it on XBL when the 360, and hell, the OG Xbox could have had it on XBL in the first place. I've moved on to gaming on a PC and waiting on Bloodborne on PS4 when it comes out. MCC is an amazing collection, but there is only one game on there I want to play, and it will probably have the least amount of effort put into it anyway.

I'll wait to see Twitch streams and BigShow impressions of Halo CE MP on XBL before I even give it a real look.

In case you didn't read me right earlier, I'm not buying an Xbone for MCC. Halo CE is in my top 3 games of all time, but I'm not gonna buy a new console to play it on XBL when the 360, and hell, the OG Xbox could have had it on XBL in the first place. I've moved on to gaming on a PC and waiting on Bloodborne on PS4 when it comes out. MCC is an amazing collection, but there is only one game on there I want to play, and it will probably have the least amount of effort put into it anyway.

I'll wait to see Twitch streams and BigShow impressions of Halo CE MP on XBL before I even give it a real look.
ha i was just messin. I can't fault you for not having an xbox one. hopefully CE still holds up well online. i look forward to playing it again, but if it's bad there's always halo 2 to default to instead.

Booshka

ha i was just messin. I can't fault you for not having an xbox one. hopefully CE still holds up well online. i look forward to playing it again, but if it's bad there's always halo 2 to default to instead.

Unfortunately, I can't default to Halo 2, cuz I think it's bad as well.

Unfortunately, I can't default to Halo 2, cuz I think it's bad as well.
what are your thoughts on halo 3? bueno or no bueno? i think between all 4 games I can have a lot of sustained enjoyment rotating through the different games. if not, there's always CoD Modern Warfare!

Booshka

what are your thoughts on halo 3? bueno or no bueno? i think between all 4 games I can have a lot of sustained enjoyment rotating through the different games. if not, there's always CoD Modern Warfare!

I prefer Reach to Halo 3, I didn't like Halo 3 at all. It was also primetime for Shadowrun when Halo 3 was out, so that has a lot to do with it, but I played a solid month of Halo 3 and never went back to it. Halo 3 is just a nerfed, dumbed down version of Halo 2, and Halo 2 is just a nerfed, dumbed down version of CE, albeit with some good maps and an excellent UI.

I'm weird I know, but Halo CE is the only truly great Halo to me, all of the other ones have major problems.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The unholy trinity?

Dat stache

*edit*
Wait a second wouldn't that turn you into a chick/dude? This gender altering time travel works both ways no?

Works both ways in the best way.

Dude for Halsey and a chick for Hitler.

I prefer Reach to Halo 3, I didn't like Halo 3 at all. It was also primetime for Shadowrun when Halo 3 was out, so that has a lot to do with it, but I played a solid month of Halo 3 and never went back to it. Halo 3 is just a nerfed, dumbed down version of Halo 2, and Halo 2 is just a nerfed, dumbed down version of CE, albeit with some good maps and an excellent UI.

I'm weird I know, but Halo CE is the only truly great Halo to me, all of the other ones have major problems.
That's fair. I never played Shadowrun, but it looks fun.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-emergence of "fun gaf" with TMCC. There are going to be tons of matchmaking stories and saved films/highlights to share. At least that is my hope.

-Ryn

Banned
Reach time was cynical as fuck, more than 4 because people kept playing it, lol.
armor-lock-sucks-o.gif

armor-lock-fail-o.gif

ibgPOJYtj2PIe5.gif

EA9Ho.gif

HaloGaf

I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-emergence of "fun gaf" with TMCC. There are going to be tons of matchmaking stories and saved films/highlights to share. At least that is my hope.
Dedicated server support for multiplayer across every game, 1080p 60FPS, full custom games support, new anniversary mode with redone maps and forge, Nightfall, and the Halo 5 beta.

I think it's safe to say fun times and happy days are ahead.

Dedicated server support for multiplayer across every game, 1080p 60FPS, full custom games support, new anniversary mode with redone maps and forge, Nightfall, and the Halo 5 beta.

I think it's safe to say fun times and happy days are ahead.
Jack_Yes_zpse673e0d2.gif

and i can't wait! =)

Akai__

So are we gonna see Coag or Warlock gameplay anytime soon? Or any Halo CE map?

Probably very soon. I mean IGN First covers every game and every mode.

If I had to guess, the livestream on October 22nd is about the Halo 5 Beta, but it could also be about "revealing" the remaining H2A maps.

Hope Forge gets covered, too eventhough I'm not a Forge guy.

Madness

We'll most likely see the Coagulation or Warlock looks during the IGN coverage.

I distinctly remember reading they'd reveal an exclusive map, but I can't find the exact wording now. I'm guessing it'll be Warlock only because it's the last man yet to be revealed officially, and I'm guessing it's because they promised IGN the scoop, which is why they didn't comment on the leak.

Juan

Basically. Crucible is a total mess.

3vs3 is one of the best gametype I have ever played.

Wasn't a big fan of multi-team in Halo, but it takes a new scale in Destiny, it is the perfect gametype for this game, and the only one I like playing, especially when you have good teammate.

As said before, guess you will have a look at Warlord in action with IGN as they promised to reveal a new map (and Coag Anniversary isn't a new map in itself because 343 has already talk about this one).

Top Bottom