• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mistel

Banned
armor-lock-fail-o.gif
Now that's something I don't miss. Hated when that happened with the fuel rod.

Mix

3vs3 is one of the best gametype I have ever played.

Wasn't a big fan of multi-team in Halo, but it takes a new scale in Destiny, it is the perfect gametype for this game, and the only one I like playing, especially when you have good teammate.

As said before, guess you will have a look at Warlord in action with IGN as they promised to reveal a new map (and Coag Anniversary isn't a new map in itself because 343 has already talk about this one).
I totally agree with you about the 3v3 in Destiny. Zoojoo, my little brother, and I have been stomping bad kids in skirmish everyday for the last week and it's been some of the most fun I've had playing video games.

This makes me excited for Halo

Nope, they mentioned they will talk about the four and a half games in the collection (1,2,3,4, H2A.) The post also mentions a few surprises, so we might see first footage of real gameplay.

The Reach Beta was revealed two months before it came out, so we may get a reveal trailer towards the end of the month.

Wow, that Reach Beta trailer still hypes me up even though I've already played it and the full game.

matthieuC

^Completely agree. That is one of my favorite Halo trailers Bungie did. Man I really miss Bungie's Halo trailers and especially vidocs. Those were the best.

How difficult would it be for them to make changes to the gameplay? For example, making the H3 BR spread tighter and larger radius for grenades. At the very least, I'm hoping they use MLG settings for base gameplay because Halo 3 will feel too weak compared to Halo CE, 2 and H4. It's a shame too because some maps in Halo 3 are great (Guardian, Narrows, High Ground (haters), etc.).

Nebula

How difficult would it be for them to make changes to the gameplay? For example, making the H3 BR spread tighter and larger radius for grenades. At the very least, I'm hoping they use MLG settings for base gameplay because Halo 3 will feel too weak compared to Halo CE, 2 and H4. It's a shame too because some maps in Halo 3 are great (Guardian, Narrows, High Ground (haters), etc.).

They're not going to alter base gameplay after promising the original games are they?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
^Completely agree. That is one of my favorite Halo trailers Bungie did. Man I really miss Bungie's Halo trailers and especially vidocs. Those were the best.
Seriously. The Halo 4 and Destiny hype trains were pretty lacking. 343 has been doing notably better with their community engagement and PR, so hopefully the Halo 5 pre-release hype feels a little more satisfying.

I think people are going to have less of a problem with the Halo 3 BR spread due to dedicated servers. The Halo 3 BR was much better on LAN, for example.
Very true. I hope dedis can replicate that LAN BR feel.

I think people are going to have less of a problem with the Halo 3 BR spread due to dedicated servers. The Halo 3 BR was much better on LAN, for example.
Not entirely. Many competitive Halo players consider Halo 3 to be the weakest of the trilogy, and that's coming from people who get paid to play the game. For example, Puckett has expressed his opinion many times on Halo 3 being the weakest (trilogy, I don't know his thoughts on Reach/H4), and he's a huge part of MLG.

At one point the cinematic at the end of "Shutdown" was supposed to be playable--you were going to fight your way across all the ships. I'm guessing this would have been the original ending cinematic.

Really? That would have been fairly cool.. was that from the Art of Halo 4 book?

Madness

Lol, so Locke is the primary character? At least it isn't Palmer but damn, I thought it was the Chief saga in a sense.

I'm guessing those cool abilities will probably be Spartan Abilities they are developing for H5 MP?

I doubt that they would make a whole collection dedicated to the Master Chief's story and then not have him as a playable character in the follow up game. I'm guessing it will be shared between John and Locke like how they did it in Halo 2.

Also, he does say that he is a playable character, not the playable character.

Madness

I had a feeling they'd do something like this. I'd long thought that they'd have a Halo 2 type situation where we play as Chief and someone else. All signs pointed to Palmer because of her own story with ONI/Halsey and because of Spartan Ops. I thought we'd play half as Chief, half as Palmer.

I find it interesting though he'd say definitively in a sense Locke is the primary character. I'm guessing we'll most likely start off as Locke, and then shift to Chief at some junction. Let's hope he's solid in Nightfall and becomes a fan favorite.

Top Bottom