• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

3rd person Spartan/Elite models not matching with what people see in first person has happened since Halo CE. At least, i'm pretty sure all Halos have cases where animations are different.

Yep. One of the odd things I remember in H2 (especially) and H3 was bullets came out of the top of the barrel from thin air in 3rd person. Goofy looking when you noticed it.

Woorloog

Banned
Yep. One of the odd things I remember in H2 (especially) and H3 was bullets came out of the top of the barrel from thin air in 3rd person. Goofy looking when you noticed it.

That happens in every single Halo. Even Reach and 4, though it is less noticeable.

Welcome (back?) to MobileGAF!

I figure i won't be using it much though. A bit clumsy to use, and there are too many threads/posts per page and i can't figure out how, or even if, one can reduce that. Lumia 630 doesn't have very big display (and that is not an issue for me really).

Omni

Happens in every FPS, IIRC. Bullets come from your head otherwise it wouldn't match up with the reticle or something

That happens in every single Halo. Even Reach and 4, though it is less noticeable.

I figure i won't be using it much though. A bit clumsy to use, and there are too many threads/posts per page and i can't figure out how, or even if, one can reduce that. Lumia 630 doesn't have very big display (and that is not an issue for me really).

I don't know if you can do this with the browsers you have, but I often select the setting "request desktop version" and it displays it like it would on your home computer. I have to zoom more, but it's easier to find what I want.

3rd person Spartan/Elite models not matching with what people see in first person has happened since Halo CE. At least, i'm pretty sure all Halos have cases where animations are different.

Yeah, they're pretty much done independently, with 3rd person being the "real" projected collisions and everything within the confines of the game, while first-person animations are more for the sake of presentation / vis id.

Woorloog

Banned
Happens in every FPS, IIRC. Bullets come from your head otherwise it wouldn't match up with the reticle or something

Every FPS? Don't think so. At least Jedi Outcast/Academy had the projectiles appear from the gun properly, if i recall correctly. (And since they're Quake 3 engine-based, i reckon this might apply to many games using the same engine base, maybe?)

I don't know if you can do this with the browsers you have, but I often select the setting "request desktop version" and it displays it like it would on your home computer. I have to zoom more, but it's easier to find what I want.

I'll try that, thanks for the hint.
EDIT Gifs, images and avatars make slow browsing then. Also need constant zooming (especially annoying since i think the zoom use should be other way around, pinch to zoom, "unpinch" to zoom out). Wasn't a bad idea but impractical (or perhaps i need to get used to the phone first).

Every FPS? Don't think so. At least Jedi Outcast/Academy had the projectiles appear from the gun properly, if i recall correctly. (And since they're Quake 3 engine-based, i reckon this might apply to many games using the same engine base, maybe?)

I'll try that, thanks for the hint.
EDIT Gifs, images and avatars make slow browsing then. Also need constant zooming (especially annoying since i think the zoom use should be other way around, pinch to zoom, "unpinch" to zoom out). Wasn't a bad idea but impractical (or perhaps i need to get used to the phone first).

Yeah. I have an Android phone so my experience might be a little different. Either way at least you have the option. I know that Microsoft phone users need the 8.1 update to have a pleasurable user experience when on the web. Dunno if your phone came with that update or not.

FyreWulff

Can someone explain to me this "input lag" you say is so bad? I remember playing Halo 3 campaign online with 3 other friends and don't recall having an issue with that. Or am I just being a dense "junior member?" ;)

Your friends were close to you with very low latency

Btw I will be at comiccon for dark horse and megabloks stuff in ny on Friday but the game will not, east coast GAF. Overrate your pizza if bummed.

I cri everytiem. Hopefully you guys are back in full force in 2015 with Halo 5. Anyway, I'll be sure to come to your signings at Dark Horse and Megabloks.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah. I have an Android phone so my experience might be a little different. Either way at least you have the option. I know that Microsoft phone users need the 8.1 update to have a pleasurable user experience when on the web. Dunno if your phone came with that update or not.

Lumia 630 has it pre-installed. Works fine so far. Just need to get used to this thing.

I noticed that i lack dexterity to use the phone with one hand (size is not an issue, it is perfect for me). My right hand thumb isn't flexible enough, and my left hand is overall very weak for anything.
Not sure how i can play on a 360 controller so well, or KB/M for that matter...

Oh, and speaking of phones and apps, Xbox Smartglass. Is it useful?
And does Halo Waypoint have dedicated smartphone app?

Oh, and speaking of phones and apps, Xbox Smartglass. Is it useful?
And does Halo Waypoint have dedicated smartphone app?

I know 343 confirmed today through IGN's video that the Halo Channel (essentially the new WayPoint) is coming to smart glass and Microsoft phones so your in luck. Don't think it has one now currently, however.

Woorloog

Banned
I know 343 confirmed today through IGN's video that the Halo Channel (essentially the new WayPoint) is coming to smart glass and Microsoft phones so your in luck. Don't think it has one now currently, however.

I see.
Thinking about this, i realized i have no idea what use Halo Channel might be for me. No Xbox One, and not getting one anyone soon for that matter (as i've previously said, lack of games is a big issue. Cost is another, even without Kinect). Figure i'll join this gen late once again... (Un)Fortunately(?) i have a feeling this will be shorter console generation.

I see.
Thinking about this, i realized i have no idea what use Halo Channel might be for me. No Xbox One, and not getting one anyone soon for that matter (as i've previously said, lack of games is a big issue. Cost is another, even without Kinect). Figure i'll join this gen late once again... (Un)Fortunately(?) i have a feeling this will be shorter console generation.

I think shorter console generations are better. At least, they need to be shorter than last gen. 360/PS3/Wii length was ridiculous.

Woorloog

Banned
I think shorter console generations are better. At least, they need to be shorter than last gen. 360/PS3/Wii length was ridiculous.

Oh, i agree. It just somewhat inconvenient timing, as far as i'm concerned.
I worry that by the time i may be able to get on board properly, that PS4 might either have such a large lead on Xbone that it will affect everything negatively, or that any console i might get would be outdated and getting replaced with another generation.
That's the worst case scenario, of course.
Doesn't help that the new consoles are already outdated, tech-wise, though...

And i worry that no one makes games that i'd like. There don't seem to be any on PC at the moment... What are the chances someone makes something for consoles which require mass appeal?

Ah, well, i guess there's nothing to do but wait. That, or i should learn to code/model and just make my own games.

EDIT I reckon Windows Phone games don't have demos. Would like to try Spartan Assault...
EDIT Whoah, there IS a demo? Neat, gotta try it.

Oh, i agree. It just somewhat inconvenient timing, as far as i'm concerned.
I worry that by the time i may be able to get on board properly, that PS4 might either have such a large lead on Xbone that it will affect everything negatively, or that any console i might get would be outdated and getting replaced with another generation.
That's the worst case scenario, of course.
Doesn't help that the new consoles are already outdated, tech-wise, though...

And i worry that no one makes games that i'd like. There don't seem to be any on PC at the moment... What are the chances someone makes something for consoles which require mass appeal?

Ah, well, i guess there's nothing to do but wait. That, or i should learn to code/model and just make my own games.

EDIT I reckon Windows Phone games don't have demos. Would like to try Spartan Assault...

I don't know what you like but Halo: MCC, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, upcoming Indie games look great for Xbone, Diablo 3 and the typical 3rd party games. The best is yet to come my friend.

Or you could just jump to a low budget PC and lose your life to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Kittens, me and Senador want to know what Takis are? We've been waiting for a few days.

takis-500x500.jpg

?

Woorloog

Banned
I don't know what you like but Halo: MCC, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, upcoming Indie games look great for Xbone, Diablo 3 and the typical 3rd party games. The best is yet to come my friend.

Or you could just jump to a low budget PC and lose your life to Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

For Xbone, there's Halo (but i really wanna know more about Halo 5 before making any decisions). That new Fable game looks interesting but not compelling in anyway (i'm not a Fable fan actually, the E3 presentation just made the game look fun).
And that's all i can recall for Xbone.

On PC... well, it doesn't have Halo, so it doesn't have any interesting shooters (Half-Life nor any of its derivatives have never interested me). The next Elder Scrolls game i will get but that's probably years away. Civ Beyond Earth might be OK, or it might need expansion or two.

EDIT BTW, low budget PC here isn't cheap. Besides, there's no point in building a gaming PC unless it has reasonable power (by PC standards, of course). And that wouldn't be low budget by any means.

Kittens, me and Senador want to know what Takis are? We've been waiting for a few days.
Takis-brands.png

?

Hunky Dories plz.
If the pizza can be folded, it's bad pizza.
..calzones are glorious.
Btw I will be at comiccon for dark horse and megabloks stuff in ny on Friday but the game will not, east coast GAF. Overrate your pizza if bummed.
I think Darkflight has flown over from England, he normally does.

Alright, Gavin and Rag, thanks for the answer, we didn't want to google it, but we are bitterly bitterly disappointed that Kittens didn't tell us.

Mix

Alright, Gavin and Rag, thanks for the answer, we didn't want to google it, but we are bitterly bitterly disappointed that Kittens didn't tell us.

haha if I'd known you were looking for an answer I would've sent you some. Hell, we have so many in Texas they just kinda give 'em out.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That MCC bundle looks takis-level delicious. Hopefully it comes to the states so my fence sitting friends will finally make the plunge.

motherofgod

i will trade my xbox one in upside down to get that

Fresh-Prince-psd47025.png

Welp looks like I'm buying 3 Xbox Ones in the next weeks.

Sunset Overdrive bundle = Paid Off
Call of Duty Bundle = Paid Off
Halo Bundle = Fucking want it

You know you're only doing this to yourself.

4fqIraH.png

"We'll be giving VIP Halo Players the ability to create playlists. We can put those out, like, every week." - Bonnie Ross

Hmm.

Toshi and Pete The Duck will put out two playlists for a good six months and that's all we'll hear of it.

Top Bottom