• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

jelly

Yeah, I seriously don't understand the medal dilution. If you hand out a medal for every little thing, it stops making them special and interesting - it defeats the whole purpose.

I don't understand why there aren't dedicated no-scope and quick-scope medals for the sniper rifles (things people have been requesting), but there's a medal for tons of little stuff no one cares about. I also don't understand why they redefined the medals in Halo 3 and onward, either.

A running riot is ten kills in a row, and four kills at once is a killtacular, dammit. Why did kill frenzy have to be changed from "at once" medal to a streak medal?

Boggles the mind.

Gamers like progress and rewards no matter how meaningless it actually is. Carrot on stick and little treats makes everyone a winner no matter what level.

-Ryn

Banned
Gamers like progress and rewards no matter how meaningless it actually is. Carrot on stick and little treats makes everyone a winner no matter what level.
I consider myself a gentleman who enjoys gaming often. I prefer meaning in my rewards thank you. I believe this is more a self fulfilling prophecy on developers and publishers part as opposed to the players.

dwells

So in other words, doing something for the sake of appealing to the lowest common denominator rather than for the good of the game. Just what Halo needs more of.

So in other words, doing something for the sake of appealing to the lowest common denominator rather than for the good of the game. Just what Halo needs more of.

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMW1uSuivAo&feature=youtu.be

Staying still during gun battles is for scrubs. And while you don't see it in that video, battles with similarly skilled players can actually last quite a long time since it's bloody hard to hit them.

BUT, I would kill for that kind of speed and movement with Halo's pickup focused map design and longer kill times.

Unless you mean high level similar skilled players then yeah I can see that because you got some movement options to evade a little . But I'm talking generally here. In halo if you can get shoot you can turn around and fight not so well in ADS games which a lot of them have very quick kill-times(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkjz18N1D9E). If you are caught of guard you are pretty screwed . I think it's the same way with Titanfall to a point, but I hadn't played it just watched a ton of videos on it and see what people said. My point really was as shown more-so in COD AW gameplay than perhaps in TF ; ADS might be able to work with fast movement even during in middle of a gunfight, seemingly we all know once AW comes out .

ADS wouldn't work in Halo's gameplay it would seem awkward , unless there are certain compromises to how ADS works, but it probably end up more like zoom in the end. I wonder if 343 adds both zoom and ADS in a future release, probably would be redundant though.

Onikaan

The connection in Destiny's Pve zones has been flawless for me. Bullet's hit their marks on time and everything feels snappy.

Do you guys think we will see that kind of a connection in the online campaign Co-op for the MCC?

VinFTW

I've stated my dislike for the medals before, but I want to reiterate:

I LIKE the medals. I like receiving a visual "chirp" (Killzone) for doing stuff and getting kills.

I don't mind their design, I just dislike the fact that those cool double, triple, etc kill medals are just black and blue.

Each kill streak should have its own color scheme like Halo 2.

jelly

It's partly mass appeal and making people feel like they are contributing during the game even if they aren't great or being a different type of player. I don't think it's the worse thing in the world, perhaps a cheap ploy to keep engagement high rather than core game play being the only reason. Don't think it upsets anything really, just a bit of a scattergun approach that watersdowns unique and fun medals that are Halo DNA. Your not going to buy a T-Shirt for one of the Halo 4 medals or even remember one compared to classic ones.

Angels are super badass. They blow up stuff with giant cross explosions and rainbows. This is more like hard candy with a light shining behind it or something. One is tastier but one is cooler.

No I don't. I don't really like ADS either and I hate change for the sake of change.
However if it HAS to be added in, this is the only way I can think of that would work without screwing a fundamental part of Halo. As long as I don't have to stick a rifle butt up my nose whenever I need to scope in and it operates the same as always I can live with it.

I'm not saying you like ADS or trying to pick an argument, I see what you're saying. I am just disputing it being put in at all. Like if it has to be put in is sort of subjective right? From a 343/MS perspective it should be opposite. In other words it should be a mandate that it never be in.

Impala26

Don't know about you, but if you can get a kill with a Sentinel Beam outright, you DESERVE a medal in my book!

Just popping in to say that I'm glad the H2A oddball is a flaming skull. It looks awesome.

I wasn't very fond of the oddball design in Halo 4.

VinFTW

I don't know if this was already posted, but Microsoft has just announced an Xbox One bundle with Halo: TMCC for Brazil.

Price is R$1.999 ($840), and it will be available in 2015.

Source: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/games/...sileiro-com-varios-bundles-para-xbox-one.html

Oh. My. God.

The white Xbox One. The white controller.

The Box.

The game. The bundle!

Why can't this be in the US??!

You guys think there going to announce this bundle this month? Surprise maybe? :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Btw I will be at comiccon for dark horse and megabloks stuff in ny on Friday but the game will not, east coast GAF. Overrate your pizza if bummed.

dwells

LMAO no. Expect heavy input lag for 4-player co-op Halo 3 just like last time

This is the type of thing that worries me that we haven't been given any details on whatsoever. There's been absolutely nothing about how the shift to Azure affects multiplayer and co-op, particularly how things like host advantage/physics are effected and how Halo 1's netcode is being addressed. A couple weeks until the game goes gold and they've said nothing about major, major issues.

Onikaan

This is the type of thing that worries me that we haven't been given any details on whatsoever. There's been absolutely nothing about how the shift to Azure affects multiplayer and co-op, particularly how things like host advantage/physics are effected and how Halo 1's netcode is being addressed. A couple weeks until the game goes gold and they've said nothing about major, major issues.

Yeah, a few friends want to run the campaigns online.

Please be better :(

It'll be a huge disaster and everyone will so disappointed we'll sob with labored breathing into our mommy's arms while she strokes our hair whispering "shhhh shhhh shhhh."

Edit: Don't hate me.

I think Fyre explained that they would have to which would require a whole re-write (not a port) of Halo 3's campaign engine to remove button input lag. The game would not play the same as the original Halo 3, and this is a budget release and Halo 3 is already a straight port as it is. Technically possible to re-write the campaign engine? Sure. Way outside the scope of the project?
W68Ii.png

I think Fyre explained that they would have to which would require a whole re-write (not a port) of Halo 3's campaign engine to remove button input lag. The game would not play the same as the original Halo 3, and this is a budget release and Halo 3 is already a straight port as it is. Technically possible to re-write the campaign engine? Sure. Way outside the scope of the project?
W68Ii.png

Can someone explain to me this "input lag" you say is so bad? I remember playing Halo 3 campaign online with 3 other friends and don't recall having an issue with that. Or am I just being a dense "junior member?" ;)

pacman85

Man I hope that bundle is available to us here in the USA as well. I already have an XBone but I'm trying to convince my buddy to get one and he said he would only be interested if he could get the system and Halo:MCC in a bundle for $400 or less.

Woorloog

Banned
3rd person Spartan/Elite models not matching with what people see in first person has happened since Halo CE. At least, i'm pretty sure all Halos have cases where animations are different.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm not saying you like ADS or trying to pick an argument, I see what you're saying. I am just disputing it being put in at all. Like if it has to be put in is sort of subjective right? From a 343/MS perspective it should be opposite. In other words it should be a mandate that it never be in.
Oh no I didn't think you meant to pick an argument. I just have a weird tendency to over explain my opinion... a lot. Gotta work on that.

It is backwards though yes. I find it odd that it's gotten to the point where we suspect ADS in any form being in future Halos. Halo is something that I NEVER imagined having ADS. It just isn't that kind of game and there's even a reason within the lore that justifies the lack of ADS.

I don't know if this was already posted, but Microsoft has just announced an Xbox One bundle with Halo: TMCC for Brazil.

Price is R$1.999 ($840), and it will be available in 2015.

Source: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/games/...sileiro-com-varios-bundles-para-xbox-one.html
Yes. YES. PLEASE BE A THING IN THE US.

Testing gaf on smartphone.
Edit. Works,i guess.
Welcome (back?) to MobileGAF!

GIF-Avengers-high-five.gif

Top Bottom