• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

crIHY.gif

mmmm Kristen Bell.....

Toa TAK

Banned
kind of nuts, since it was in the same part of the code that the 7/7 easter egg was.

It's funny, but it makes me wonder if 343i will put any cool easter eggs like this in their games.

I don't expect it to be there, but it's a thought. It would be better then weapon caches, I feel.

It's funny, but it makes me wonder if 343i will put any cool easter eggs like this in their games.

I don't expect it to be there, but it's a thought. It would be better then weapon caches, I feel.

it might of been my teenaged nostalgia, but I loved the RvB easter eggs in Spartan Ops. I agree there should be more though.

Toa TAK

Banned
it might of been my teenaged nostalgia, but I loved the RvB easter eggs in Spartan Ops. I agree there should be more though.

Haha, I enjoyed those as well.

I think my favorite RvB easter egg was in Halo 2's Turf on the vending machines. So subtle, but loved it nonetheless.

blamite

What a timely example. Just now, we're in a game of Oddball. This playlist has a team size of 5. We have 5 people in our party (myself, mastrbiggy, daedalius, booties, Gods Demonator). We get join in progress. Something that should never happen when your party size is the max team size for a playlist. This isn't the first time this has happened, usually means the whole team quit and we just get subbed in. Guess what happens? WE JOIN ON BOTH TEAMS!

JIP is the fucking stupidest thing about current Halo next to Armor abilities and loadouts and should be taken behind the barn and shot.

bAXULh9.jpg

I rest my fucking case.
I know this is meant to be an example of Halo 4 being a huge piece of shit but really it just made me aware of the fact that there's apparently an Oddball playlist again, and now I'm weirdly tempted to dig up my 360 and resub to Live to play some Oddball?????

Ranked as in looking forward e.g. Guardians. Any how so what's the solution? Deal with quitting very harshly to stem it as much as possible and only provide JiP for large player count playlists or social ones?

I think that's quite workable. Quit in ranked = severe punishment as in you can't play ranked matchmaking until that game finishes. Quit in social = existing quit ban system (sort of a 3 strikes per day/hours rule) but can join back to matchmaking right away after quite.

Also introduce a team vote surrender option when 2 or more players quit? This would help cut off games that are completely crap and return players to hopper pools.

I suppose I still feel like player map/gametype toggles and filters help alleviate quits too.

I don't know why there is an option to 'quit'. Just remove that button as a choice in matchmaking, the only way to quit would be to turn off your Xbox/quit out of the entire game back to dash. Which is a good deterrent for most.

willow ve

I don't know why there is an option to 'quit'. Just remove that button as a choice in matchmaking, the only way to quit would be to turn off your Xbox/quit out of the entire game back to dash. Which is a good deterrent for most.

Halo 5 needs a spectator mode. Then if you quit a game you're forced into spectator view until the match ends. So you're still allowed to forfeit (leave the game), but you're forced to watch it anyway.

IHaveIce

Banned
I couldn't agree more with ExWife about JIP.
The whole concept of it just doesn't work in Halo and should be limited to action sack gametypes, firefight, coop campaign and maybe give an option to be able JIP custom games if the host allows it.

But for Matchmaking it is bullshit.

Halo 5 needs a spectator mode. Then if you quit a game you're forced into spectator view until the match ends. So you're still allowed to forfeit (leave the game), but you're forced to watch it anyway.

Ha, that would be good.

Judging from all the MLG types 343 seem to have got on board in their testing area, I think eSport settings and features are a given for Halo 5. They really need to make Halo a service to judge all other games by again.

I remember when Halo 3 got lots of '10's', not necessarily because it was the best game ever, but more because there was just so much good content, it put other games to shame.

By the way, anyone from HaloGAF with a Bone want to add me, please feel free to do so. I have tendency to lurk more than post, but I hope to be more active in general in the future.

:)

Had a dream that I was playing the Halo 5 campaign and got to a cutscene where all Master Chief did was talk about how much he misses Cortana and wants to raise a new generation of Spartans.

Cringeworthy as hell.

Buy and xbox now or wait till November? The only other game that I'm mildly interested in is Destiny, but it looks too similar to cod. Any other games I'm overlooking?

343 killed off a major spartan ops character off in the comic...

DeMarco, the leader of Fireteam Majestic is killed in the comic. its an odd way to handle a character that they introduced in their Freshman go at a game.

willow ve

Early RvB was so good. Back when it was low budget, poor audio quality, and mostly had Geoff (Grif), Joel (Caboose), and Burnie (Church) basically just being funny and riffing on gaming.

Early RvB was so good. Back when it was low budget, poor audio quality, and mostly had Geoff (Grif), Joel (Caboose), and Burnie (Church) basically just being funny and riffing on gaming.

I still think it's pretty damn good. More serious, but still riotously funny in places.

Brojito

Neo Member

Blood Gulch Chronicles was the best. I enjoyed some of the seasons they did after that, but honestly, the more serious it got, the less I cared about it.

I hate to say it, but the series was far better when they just had the characters doing stupid shit in Blood Gulch and making up the story as they went along, rather than trying to construct some serious story and world and then adding in some humor.

I keep hoping that they'll go back to that format eventually and just ditch the big animated battles and convoluted storyline, but I doubt they will.

Blood Gulch Chronicles was the best. I enjoyed some of the seasons they did after that, but honestly, the more serious it got, the less I cared about it.

I hate to say it, but the series was far better when they just had the characters doing stupid shit in Blood Gulch and making up the story as they went along, rather than trying to construct some serious story and world and then adding in some humor.

I keep hoping that they'll go back to that format eventually and just ditch the big animated battles and convoluted storyline, but I doubt they will.

The Freelancer stuff is interesting. it could have been its own series though.

Top Bottom