• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Brojito

Neo Member
The Freelancer stuff is interesting. it could have been its own series though.

The problem is they're just taking all that stuff that they pulled out of their ass in BGC and trying to twist it into some kind of coherent and serious storyline.

But I agree, it could have been it's own series, and I wish it had - Church and the gang don't really mesh well with all the serious stuff.

The problem is they're just taking all that stuff that they pulled out of their ass in BGC and trying to twist it into some kind of coherent and serious storyline.

But I agree, it could have been it's own series, and I wish it had - Church and the gang don't really mesh well with all the serious stuff.

Really? I think that the contrast between the Blood Gulch crew and the Freelancers was one of the best parts of 6-8.

GoDs DeMoNaToR

Neo Member
I hope, if she is indeed Palmer, that she gets infected by a Flood Spore...

Considering Nightfall details the origins of Agent Locke, it is unfortunately highly unlikely.

However, I think that would be the best plot twist imaginable. More importantly, have this happen the first mission in Halo 5 just to have Chief kill her later in the game.

O.K., that was a bit of a stretch...

ibyhUQJCQl4TPE.gif

Akai__

Considering Nightfall details the origins of Agent Locke, it is unfortunately highly unlikely.

However, I think that would be the best plot twist imaginable. More importantly, have this happen the first mission in Halo 5 just to have Chief kill her later in the game.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

I was thinking the same. With the classic "Kill me. Please kill meeeee." sentence.

Just make Palmer a huge antagonist since Thorne will tooks her role and mostlikely betray the spartans or anyone for the sake of unveil oni secrets.

Here's what Lord Zed had to say about Beyond.
Don't blame him if he was a bit ticked about it.
Screenshot won't open..
Edit: "And shoutouts to teambeyond for literally jumping on making a watermarked video and posting to it reddit as soon as they learned there was more to the original video.

Edit: Looks like some sites are actually linking to this video now. Thanks!"

blamite

I can't believe I missed the puppy video.

But Matchmaking is a lot of fun as well. When did it end?

Way back in 2009 I think. To be honest I think it got kind of dumb near the end; they started focusing less on short jokes and did some story stuff that didn't work out so great.

belushy

Banned
Here's what Lord Zed had to say about Beyond.
Don't blame him if he was a bit ticked about it.
Screenshot won't open..
Edit: "And shoutouts to teambeyond for literally jumping on making a watermarked video and posting to it reddit as soon as they learned there was more to the original video.

Edit: Looks like some sites are actually linking to this video now. Thanks!"

Good if they do start switching the links around.

Mix

So, for the lore guys like myself, it would appear that Locke is going to be Irish or something of the sort. You can see his name in the terminal trailer is Jameson Locke. Sounds pretty damn Irish to me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So, for the lore guys like myself, it would appear that Locke is going to be Irish or something of the sort. You can see his name in the terminal trailer is Jameson Locke. Sounds pretty damn Irish to me.

If he is, $20 says there's some dumb achievement like "Locke of the Irish"

belushy

Banned
Xbox at SDCC

Halo: Nightfall First-Look
Thursday, July 24, 11:45AM – 12:45PM, Room 6BCF

Prepare for your next step in the Halo Journey with a deep-dive into Halo: Nightfall, the upcoming live-action digital series from 343 Industries and Scott Free Productions. Join 343’s Kiki Wolfkill (Executive Producer), Frank O’Connor (Franchise Development Director)along with key Halo: Nightfall cast and crew, and be among the first to get the details of the story and production.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Developer Panel
Friday, July 25, 10:15AM – 11:15AM, Room 6BCF

Join 343 Industries’ Senior Producer, Dennis Ries, and Franchise Director, Frank O’Connor, Certain Affinity’s President and original Halo 2 multiplayer and online design lead, Max Hoberman, and other guests for an in-depth conversation about Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Fans can hear about what to expect from the highly anticipated compilation and discuss the efforts being made to bring the story of the Master Chief and Halo’s legendary multiplayer to a new generation.

Meeeeh, doubtful. I can't see Mike Colter with an Irish accent (nor should he, he has a great voice).

In honor of the Master Chief Collection, I got my old Halo 2 disc out of storage and played online with X Link Kai.

So good and it still holds up well.

It's just seems no one wants to play Coagulation, only Lockout and Midship. Looks like I'll have to get the collection to relive those BTB memories.

siddhu33

Just thinking about the old halo games...and my mind focused on ODST. Still the best soundtrack out of all the games? I think so.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just thinking about the old halo games...and my mind focused on ODST. Still the best soundtrack out of all the games? I think so.
Asking me to pick a favorite Halo soundtrack is like asking me to pick a favorite child.

ODST is definitely up there.

If he is, $20 says there's some dumb achievement like "Locke of the Irish"

His real name is Seamus O'Squigglesby O'Hare O'bundlersonscherie Lockellerswhatsen

Asking me to pick a favorite Halo soundtrack is like asking me to pick a favorite child.

ODST is definitely up there.

If we're talking actual game audio:

CEA = ODST > Wars = Reach > Halo 2 > Halo 3 = Halo CE > Halo 4

If we're talking their commercial releases:

Halo 4 > CEA > Halo Wars = ODST = Reach > CE > 2 > 3

Woorloog

Banned
Any idea if there's any way, outside modding, to pilot a Hornet in Halo 3's The Storm mission?

I tried shooting the pilot while holding B (like you do with the AA Wraith) but that didn't work, though i may have done that incorrectly. Or are the vehicles properly set to be undriveable?
Halopedia claims the Banshees in the end can be hijacked though.

EDIT oh and jumping into a Phantom's side turret (after killing the operator) is fun as you can fly a bit and get the Phantom stuck on invisible walls.

EDIT actually, is there any way to get out of the map properly, outside that limited glitch in the Scarab area and the pan-cam trick?

FyreWulff

I don't remember people being able to get into the Hornets. It's scripted to blow up as soon as the pilot is killed, and I think it doesn't work like avoiding the wraith blow up script because it'll try to put you in the passenger seat due to how it's set up. The wraith at least has good separation between the driver and gunner seat.

Any idea if there's any way, outside modding, to pilot a Hornet in Halo 3's The Storm mission?

I tried shooting the pilot while holding B (like you do with the AA Wraith) but that didn't work, though i may have done that incorrectly. Or are the vehicles properly set to be undriveable?
Halopedia claims the Banshees in the end can be hijacked though.

EDIT oh and jumping into a Phantom's side turret (after killing the operator) is fun as you can fly a bit and get the Phantom stuck on invisible walls.

EDIT actually, is there any way to get out of the map properly, outside that limited glitch in the Scarab area and the pan-cam trick?

I don't remember people being able to get into the Hornets. It's scripted to blow up as soon as the pilot is killed, and I think it doesn't work like avoiding the wraith blow up script because it'll try to put you in the passenger seat due to how it's set up. The wraith at least has good separation between the driver and gunner seat.

Yeah, all the aircraft in the Scarab portion of the Storm can't be piloted. Banshees can be near the end of The Storm, but they're kinda touchy.

You can force yourself out of the invisible boundaries during the Scarab fight on The Storm by hopping onto the Scarab kneecap and having it propel you skyward when the Scarab turns around.

Fun fact: if you get 3 players on the Scarab in online co-op and kill all of the enemies onboard, the Scarab will become a safezone and the fourth can spawn back on the Scarab. If you have all players on the Scarab, the Scarab will also follow the host, meaning it can be "steered" while you're onboard. I've gotten some friends with me and had it walk over that big shield wall on the Ark during the Scorpion segment, too.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, Scarab steering. Works with the Ark's Scarab encounter too (in local co-op) though it is tad random at times.

Also, does anyone remember the so called "Undead-Scarab" glitch in The Ark?

Madness

Frankie mentioned his name in an interview too. I brought it up a few pages back but I think it's more English/Scottish than Irish. With a Scottish Franchise Development Director, I'm guessing it's the latter?

willow ve

Legendary CTF does NOT WORK with vehicles unless you put plasma pistols on the map as pickups. Does no one fucking test their own game at 343? CTF can be the most frustrating gametype and it's not that hard to fix.

Top Bottom