• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Obscured

Huh, no but there is one to remove your HUD.

It always annoyed me that it also removed your arms and ability to see weapons. I want a skull that actually only removed your HUD, not your existence from the plane of reality. Blind would move from my most hated to most loved skull if that was the case.

2503766-2616750949-13929.jpg

How's that 50 coming Gundam?

Apparently August is going to be the next big news reveal during GAMESCOM and Comic Con... why did that auto cap? If I recall it will involve more maps and details on armor customization.
You need to join me and "Enter the 36 Chambers" to some Invasion. Shit is cray and fun still.

I'm currently a 42 and won another game but didn't increase until I make 3rd place or higher. I was a 42 about 6 years ago btw. Feels good that I can best myself after so long.

And sweet news. Can't wait to see more gameplay or even terminal trailers! =)

FyreWulff

Yeah, people got hacked for the Bungie flames too, at least the ones that got it early. I think someone got threatened for hacks when the Star nameplate was exclusive for a bit in Reach as well.

They should give Wu the Pro nameplate in Halo 3 again for continuity sake.

I remember when the star simbol was a thing in Halo Reach then some got mad about letting everyone get the start at the end of Reach cycle.

FyreWulff

I remember when the star simbol was a thing in Halo Reach then some got mad about letting everyone get the start at the end of Reach cycle.

It should have been obvious to people that Bungie was letting everyone play with all their toys before handing off the game. They even changed the "killed a Bungie employee" medal on b.net to "killed a Bungie fan"

It was also mentioned somewhere that a potential plan was in place to also give everyone in Halo 3 the Bungie Flames, but the system for doing that in Halo 3 was too brittle to handle doing that while also trying to hand it off to someone else. (May have also been potential performance implications from everyone in a BTB match having them) They really did want to try and give the community everything that was exclusive.

ALSO PERSONAL OPINION TIME: I know others don't share this view, but I wouldn't mind the Reach Legendary Flames becoming available to everyone.

It should have been obvious to people that Bungie was letting everyone play with all their toys before handing off the game. They even changed the "killed a Bungie employee" medal on b.net to "killed a Bungie fan"

It was also mentioned somewhere that a potential plan was in place to also give everyone in Halo 3 the Bungie Flames, but the system for doing that in Halo 3 was too brittle to handle doing that while also trying to hand it off to someone else. They really did want to try and give the community everything that was exclusive.

ALSO PERSONAL OPINION TIME: I know others don't share this view, but I wouldn't mind the Reach Legendary Flames becoming available to everyone.

its been long enough that the Legendary flames should be available. (i bought legendary edition and Legendary strat guide)

-Ryn

Banned
You need to join me and "Enter the 36 Chambers" to some Invasion. Shit is cray and fun still.

I'm currently a 42 and won another game but didn't increase until I make 3rd place or higher. I was a 42 about 6 years ago btw. Feels good that I can best myself after so long.

And sweet news. Can't wait to see more gameplay or even terminal trailers! =)
Send an invite my way next time you're on bro.
I love invasion.

It's funny because I got on Halo 3 before 4 had come out and I hadn't played it since Reach came out. My rank was only at 20 or something and by the end of the day I was in the high 30's.

That reminds me; going back through old clips is hilarious. I couldn't believe how terrible I was.

That was only in CEA, I believe.
Huh, no but there is one to remove your HUD.

On the same map? this kind of map search need to stop or being reduced in two map choices.
It is the eye patch skull in CEA.
Could've sworn there was one in 3. Weird.

It always annoyed me that it also removed your arms and ability to see weapons. I want a skull that actually only removed your HUD, not your existence from the plane of reality. Blind would move from my most hated to most loved skull if that was the case.
Would be nice for machinima purposes. Though it would also be fun just to play it that way.

IHaveIce

Banned

Man that would be way more awesome (though easier, but I want this now.)

-Ryn

Banned
But you can lower your arms in Forge mode I think, thats how RVB do theirs videos before their custom models animation.
You've always been able to in some form.

Halo CE look all the way down.
Halo 2 Hold the left trigger (if you use default)
Halo 3 and Reach were some combination of buttons

Halo 4 is a combination of buttons as well but it wasn't very good because your gun went back up every time you moved which looked really stupid.

I have no idea if you can do it in campaign.

Ah okay, now I understand. HaloGAF - for whatever reasons - does not like that dude. He makes some legit points tho.
Well some or maybe a majority of halogaf and other halo fans dislike his habit of crazy theory vids and the pyramid scheme he did or is still involved with and tried to get his followers in on making millions and owning a Mercedes.

So you can get why that has ruined his rep. If the guy makes legit videos and keeps it clean than you could say he'll might gain fans their trust and interest, imo.

Yeah, something feels off with Halo 3's aiming. It always takes me a bit to get used to. I think it's the aim acceleration.

Thanks for confirming this. I knew something was off. Literally every time I tried Halo 3 over the past few years it just feels terrible. But I can jump around the others with little to now speed bumps.

Halo 3 aiming requires skill..I prefer it over H2-H4 heavy aim assist..

What I was referring to when I started this "How halo 3 feels aiming" discussion was strictly in regards to how it feels when you move the stick around. Wasn't talking at all about aim assist or bullet magnetism. Only moving the look pitch around.

Well some or maybe a majority of halogaf and other halo fans dislike his habit of crazy theory vids and the pyramid scheme he did or is still involved with and tried to get his followers in on making millions and owning a Mercedes.

So you can get why that has ruined his rep. If the guy makes legit videos and keeps it clean than you could say he'll might gain fans their trust and interest, imo.

I was subscribed to him for about 4 days but I got tired of the false video titles. The last video I saw was "Halo 2 Anniversary will not be 1080p". I thought that I had missed an announcement or something and gave his vid a view yet all he did was talk about what Frankie said about the game still being in flux and that its not locked in yet. He baited tons of people with a confirmation header but then just basically said what Frankie said which is not a confirmation about the games final resolution.

Essentially its click bait most of the time and has no real substance. I'm sure some times its real information, but Its not cool to get people to click your videos with what seems like confirmation on something then it turns out to just be a rehash of info that doesn't confirm anything =/

defghik

Aiming in Halo 3 is virtually identical to CE and Halo 2. You people are crazy.

It definitely doesn't, Halo 3 aiming feels very different - It's part of the reason (but not the only reason) why noscoping is so much easier in H3 than CE or 2. It was a big topic of discussion when the game first came out.

wwm0nkey

Thanks for confirming this. I knew something was off. Literally every time I tried Halo 3 over the past few years it just feels terrible. But I can jump around the others with little to now speed bumps.

What I was referring to when I started this "How halo 3 feels aiming" discussion was strictly in regards to how it feels when you move the stick around. Wasn't talking at all about aim assist or bullet magnetism. Only moving the look pitch around.

What are you using to play games on, if you or really anyone here can, hook up your 360 to your monitor and aiming will probably feel just fine rather than fighting with a square aim system. Did this with a few friends over here to show them how much input lag on a TV messes with games and how its usually not the game that has bad aiming, its your TV messing everything up due to high input lag.

Halo 3 is what I use though because its a clear as night and day difference.

LCD/LED screen input lag = the actual devil

daedalius

What are you using to play games on, if you or really anyone here can, hook up your 360 to your monitor and aiming will probably feel just fine rather than fighting with a square aim system. Did this with a few friends over here to show them how much input lag on a TV messes with games and how its usually not the game that has bad aiming, its your TV messing everything up due to high input lag.

Halo 3 is what I use though because its a clear as night and day difference.

LCD/LED screen input lag = the actual devil

You gotta go plasma!

Anyone going to shell out for the Vanguard stuff in Destiny? also if you have an xbone, i would advise against buying the game for a year. both Expansions are a year exclusive to PS4.

Anyone going to shell out for the Vanguard stuff in Destiny? also if you have an xbone, i would advise against buying the game for a year. both Expansions are a year exclusive to PS4.

I'm considering the digital collector's edition for X1, but I probably won't be able to afford it until next year in any case.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member

Are you sure? I've read there is exclusive content reserved within the first two expansions.

"There's also additional PlayStation exclusive content for The Dark Below and House of Wolves that Activision confirmed will remain exclusive until at least Autumn 2015." eurugamer...

Yea as mentioned it's just some small stuff hopefully.

I went all out and pre-ordered te ghost edition cause yolo

Are you sure? I've read there is exclusive content reserved within the first two expansions.

"There's also additional PlayStation exclusive content for The Dark Below and House of Wolves that Activision confirmed will remain exclusive until at least Autumn 2015." eurugamer...

The expansions aren't exclusive, just smaller things within the expansions, probably just a couple of weapons or armor pieces or something.

Yea as mentioned it's just some small stuff hopefully.

I went all out and pre-ordered te ghost edition cause yolo

Hm. well i stand corrected, but its still shitty to xbox fans to hold things back an entire year. and if anyone counters with CoD, thats 3-6 months of exclusivity.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Hm. well i stand corrected, but its still shitty to xbox fans to hold things back an entire year. and if anyone counters with CoD, thats 3-6 months of exclusivity.

Yeah its not cool, bit rubbish that we don't get a strike(dungeon) and a multiplayer map on release let alone this nonsense. I'm looking forward to seeing which community this game lasts, especially with cod/bf/halo and all the other fps coming out this year.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The expansions aren't exclusive, just smaller things within the expansions, probably just a couple of weapons or armor pieces or something.
Yeah. It's annoying, but not the end of the world. Though I think it's likely that there will be exclusive missions / PvP maps, too, which is pretty shitty.

jem0208

The only interest I had in Destiny was entirely due to Bungie's name attached to it. Everything we've seen of it looks genuinely boring to me.

This shitty exclusive stuff has been the final nail in the coffin that contains what was my excitement for the game.

I also find it quite funny at the amount of people saying this will scratch the Halo itch. Destiny takes almost everything which was hated about 4 and increases its importance. It even has different armour pieces with different defense levels...

Fracas

#fuckonami
The only interest I had in Destiny was entirely due to Bungie's name attached to it. Everything we've seen of it looks genuinely boring to me.

This shitty exclusive stuff has been the final nail in the coffin that contains what was my excitement for the game.

I also find it quite funny at the amount of people saying this will scratch the Halo itch. Destiny takes almost everything which was hated about 4 and increases its importance. It even has different armour pieces with different defense levels...
PvE plays almost exactly like Halo.

Fuchsdh

Destiny is definitely the most restricted "multiplatform" release I've seen in a while, but hell if withholding stuff makes me want to get a PS4. I'll probably be sticking to 360 now since it's not worth any outlay if I don't like the game. I'll get a XB1 when I'm good and ready in November.

Madness

At one point we considered making one of the Halo 4 armors exclusive to 343, but it's not worth the hassle that comes from it.

I don't know, seems like you're then letting some idiots dictate what you can or can't do, even if it's fun. I think a lot of those issues were because back then accounts weren't as secure, Bungie started to give Recon out to a lot of people who had cool things on video etc. I don't think there would be as many account problems these days when Microsoft wants two security proofs, there is billing addresses attached.

I mean what could the real damage be if say 343 employees, other choice individuals got some exclusive armor? Then again, I never got Recon and I didn't know anyone who had to deal with any problems.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member

Like Diablo-Halo.. The gunplay is very similar at times but it reminds me more of Borderlands having to worry about what level certain enemies are, having a quest hub and loot.

Funny that I watched an interview with Randy Pitchford few years ago saying he wanted borderlands to be moment to moment action of Halo but with rpg mechanics from Diablo, now Destiny is a direct competitor to them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nailing head shots was satisfying in that Halo kinda way, but other than that it felt way more like Borderlands to me. Shoot at enemies, watch the health bar go down, rinse / repeat.

m23

I'll be picking it up day 1 either way. I'd honestly be surprised if destiny will be enough to keep me away from MCC though. I'll give it as much time as I can before November.

Halo 3's aiming felt like moving a wet sponge across an old TV screen.

CE's felt like putting a needle on a record.

Halo 2's felt like you slipped and tore the record in half from pushing too hard, but the needle took a u-turn through that picture frame it got embedded in and planted itself firmly on the disc.

Halo 4 felt like having the upper body strength of an overweight baby trying to play a tune by holding three serving sizes of Doritos and a combat knife in the same hand and stabbing the record player until your mom came home with an actual record.

Top Bottom