• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter

The only way they will be able to use the music again in any fashion, is if there is ever a direct remake of said games. Aka..Halo Anniversary.

Halo 4 background sound just sounds so damn depressing, which I guess is perfectly suiting for Halo 4.

At work, this thread split sucks because every thread moves so slow. Think of the bored work people GAF mods!

kylej

Banned
its out on tuesday i think

also, going through some of the last boxes I have from moving.... stumbled upon some pure gold from my childhood. sometimes even I amaze myself with how cool I have been for basically my entire life

flawless sm64 3-ring binder replete with my name scribbled on the inside. I don't think I ever brought this to school cause I was scared it would get stolen

E6KHX6k.jpg
128PEYO.jpg

n64 and OoT hats with n64 logo on the back. I remember wearing the n64 hat everywhere.

MUC7vRG.jpg

UOO73oi.jpg

and the piece de la resistance, this god-tier sm64 sweatshirt with a huge embroidered mario on the front and n64 logo on the back

7hkKwYY.jpg

wBcBvZM.jpg

Found some other stuff too. It kinda weirds me out that I was so into that stuff when I was younger, and now that I'm older and have a degree and a job and a house and all that boring shit I'm still sitting here geeking out over mario 64 and OoT speedruns. maybe there's some deep psychological yearning for those simple times, I dunno. never grow up y'all

kylej

Banned
How did you even get all that shit, Kyle?

Nintendo Power used to come with its own quarterly (or bi-annual, I forget) catalog where you could buy products. This was before the internet took over. I vaguely remember they had some sort of stamp system too, where you could cut stamps out of each issue of Nintendo Power and apply that towards purchases.

They discontinued this before the Gamecubs was released I think, but in the N64 days it always had awesome rare stuff you could buy.

Ghazi

Nintendo Power used to come with its own quarterly (or bi-annual, I forget) catalog where you could buy products. This was before the internet took over. I vaguely remember they had some sort of stamp system too, where you could cut stamps out of each issue of Nintendo Power and apply that towards purchases.

They discontinued this before the Gamecubs was released I think, but in the N64 days it always had awesome rare stuff you could buy.

Damn, that Bowser T-shirt looks rad.

Wat game?

Several. I'll also be posting real-life stuff once I get my camera, and my trip to Norway starts taking shape. Game title is in the labels.

Currently I've got a few shots of Dear Ester, and one of Alan Wake. The flycam in the latter game is insane, those levels are fucking huge.

Several. I'll also be posting real-life stuff once I get my camera, and my trip to Norway starts taking shape. Game title is in the labels.

Currently I've got a few shots of Dear Ester, and one of Alan Wake. The flycam in the latter game is insane, those levels are fucking huge.

Aye

Need to play Alan Wake, but I'm trying to finish this AC III DLC first.

IHaveIce

Banned
Too busy sending grunts to restaurants.

Also, unfortunately most companies don't accept message board posts in lieu of an actual résumé. Thanks Obama.

Thank god Bravo got the job without 3 years of business experience and shipped AAA titles.

His position really just required being good at Halo and knowing Halo.

Most people who do the decisions for MP should have these qualities please, I would prefer this over shipped any other game that isn't barely Halo.

Juices should just be chief of Microsoft if we are realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom