• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... HaloGAF is now split into two threads? The Halo 4 |OT| to discuss Halo and the HaloGAF |OT| to discuss random things with the Halo Community?

Alright, I'm down. I'll mostly stick in here it seems, at least until Halo 4 has a major update/Halo 5 is announced/Halo 2 Anniversary.

Now... to insert my 2 cents on the matter, as for hiring a "HaloGAF Community Mod", the idea seems like it could work. Hire Juices. :p

Anyways, this opinion in HaloGAF still bugs me majorly: "There was a huge influx of really shit posters that we're never culled right off the bat." I still really don't enjoy the amount of superiority some users seem to have based on: A) Tenure, B) Place of Origins (Waypoint kids, Bungie.net Kids, etc), C) Preference in Halo games (You like Halo 4 Infinity? Lol. You like Halo 3? Halo 3 was the worst, Halo 2 is best!).

That sentence along with: "We had an influx of waypoint kids which weren't monitored properly. It's gone to shit since. " is just saddening to me. You guys honestly assume most new members are "shit posters" and you practically turn your backs at them. I've seen on two cases now where new users have be ridiculed and looked at with spite because they post a lot. It's really, really, sad in my opinion. Hell recently with the "new wave of juniors" I even saw one user say in a what seemed to be annoyed tone "more juniors?"

It really bugs me and if we want to make this a nice, civil place, we need to work on that.

I still <3 you guys.

gAg CruSh3r

433C9BE2-4F3F-444E-828D-EF83172BDCAD-59352-00000683AAD1E92D.jpg
A1A6C160-1ED1-4F62-9DFE-93BF9F372530-59352-00000683FBA8C0AE.jpg
33F9EE05-787F-4627-BC7A-128C80C54198-59352-0000068437B1298A.jpg
2C9C986B-0201-4252-8125-C30654F0ACA6-59352-00000684705C8DEA.jpg

Tashi O.O

So... HaloGAF is now split into two threads? The Halo 4 |OT| to discuss Halo and the HaloGAF |OT| to discuss random things with the Halo Community?

Alright, I'm down. I'll mostly stick in here it seems, at least until Halo 4 has a major update/Halo 5 is announced/Halo 2 Anniversary.

Now... to insert my 2 cents on the matter, as for hiring a "HaloGAF Community Mod", the idea seems like it could work. Hire Juices. :p

Anyways, this opinion in HaloGAF still bugs me majorly: "There was a huge influx of really shit posters that we're never culled right off the bat." I still really don't enjoy the amount of superiority some users seem to have based on: A) Tenure, B) Place of Origins (Waypoint kids, Bungie.net Kids, etc), C) Preference in Halo games (You like Halo 4 Infinity? Lol. You like Halo 3? Halo 3 was the worst, Halo 2 is best!).

That sentence along with: "We had an influx of waypoint kids which weren't monitored properly. It's gone to shit since. " is just saddening to me. You guys honestly assume most new members are "shit posters" and you practically turn your backs at them. I've seen on two cases now where new users have be ridiculed and looks at them with spite because they post a lot. It's really, really, sad in my opinion. Hell recently with the "new wave of juniors" I even saw one user say in a what seemed to be annoyed tone "more juniors?"

It really bugs me and if we want to make this a nice, civil place, we need to work on that.

I still <3 you guys.

I frankly don't care if you "don't like it." We didn't have as much of a problem before. It was catty but community members just dealt with each other and played with each other. It was more ribbing then animosity. It hasn't been that for quite some time.

I don't care about tenure, I care about quality. The community was pretty good at keeping bad quality out in the past.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The fact that you went into a photo editor and cropped multiple photos of me is creepy. Just so you know.

I frankly don't care if you "don't like it." We didn't have as much of a problem before. It was catty but community members just dealt with each other and played with each other. It was more ribbing then animosity. It hasn't been that for quite some time.

I don't care about tenure, I care about quality. The community was pretty good at keeping bad quality out in the past.

I'm didn't say "I don't like it", it bugs me, but overall I don't mind it.

As for how the community interacted with each other, I won't even attempt to argue that, because Frankly I've only been browsing HaloGAF since last year, and I don't have the credibility or knowledge to speak or argue about "how it used to be". If I attempted I'd just be ignorant, so I'll avoid that.

I will say this, even right now, I don't see any animosity between users. Or at least not in my opinion, it all seems to be little jabs for fun at most, and it seems non of us have are legitimately hostile towards one or another. Those who users did show hostility for, well... those users are sadly gone.

I will also dispute your claim of "keeping bad quality out". The past few Halo |OTs| have been nothing but a harsh jab at Halo 4. I remember Kyle's OT even said something along the line of "Update, Game sucks", if I recall correctly. I saw a bit of the Halo 3 OT, we seemed to be pretty negative at times as well. The quality is bad or awful, and I don't see a major difference between HaloGAF now and HaloGAF of the past. However, like I said, I've only lurked since last year, maybe HaloGAF during the Halo 2 era was a sanctuary, and that's what you were referring to.

Hope this isn't considered on the same level of "meta discussion" and "complaining" as the one that got Halo |OT17| locked, I'm just trying to respectfully discuss the HaloGAF community. :)

I'm didn't say "I don't like it", it bugs me, but overall I don't mind it.

As for how the community interacted with each other, I won't even attempt to argue that, because Frankly I've only been browsing HaloGAF since last year, and I don't have the credibility or knowledge to speak or argue about "how it used to be". If I attempted I'd just be ignorant, so I'll avoid that.

I will say this, even right now, I don't see any animosity between users. Or at least not in my opinion, it all seems to be little jabs for fun at most, and it seems non of us have are legitimately hostile towards one or another. Those who users did show hostility for, well... those users are sadly gone.

I will also dispute your claim of "keeping bad quality out". The past few Halo |OTs| have been nothing but a harsh jab at Halo 4. I remember Kyle's OT even said something along the line of "Update, Game sucks", if I recall correctly. I saw a bit of the Halo 3 OT, we seemed to be pretty negative at times as well. The quality is bad or awful, and I don't see a major difference between HaloGAF now and HaloGAF of the past. However, like I said, I've only lurked since last year, maybe HaloGAF during the Halo 2 era was a sanctuary, and that's what you were referring to.

Hope this isn't considered on the same level of "meta discussion" and "complaining" as the one that got Halo |OT17| locked, I'm just trying to respectfully discuss the HaloGAF community. :)

Gone through this before.

Snark = bad.
Negative = bad.

No matter how hysterical or how much quality the so called "negative" members output they get shit from people who "don't want to hear it." So they tend to post less and less descriptive issues because it doesn't really matter. It's easily ignored though, just as I ignore people who love things I think are quite terrible.

Mix

I feel so disappointed in the loss of our old OT. I don't want to flip between two different topics to make conversation. Talk about things getting meta. When will halo be allowed in here?

FiOS? My FiOS has been shit lately too. Router disconnects and slower speeds all the time. I'd go back to TimeWarner but they have terrible speeds too. Its like noone can offer decent internte anymore.

Also for shame. I have four people in my chat. Weak HaloGAF. Weak support.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 > Halo 3

oops!
I'd agree with you if Halo 4 didn't have bad maps, ordnance drops, sprint, armor abilities, and the bolt shot in the loadouts. So yeah, I don't agree with you. Halo 4 has gotten a lot better with all the updates, though.

FiOS? My FiOS has been shit lately too. Router disconnects and slower speeds all the time. I'd go back to TimeWarner but they have terrible speeds too. Its like noone can offer decent internte anymore.

Also for shame. I have four people in my chat. Weak HaloGAF. Weak support.

Yerp
My area doesn't have anyone else either, but I'm praying for Google Fiber or at least an alternative.

I'd agree with you if Halo 4 didn't have bad maps, ordnance drops, sprint, armor abilities, and the bolt shot in the loadouts. So yeah, I don't agree with you. Halo 4 has gotten a lot better with all the updates, though.

You missed: good UI, worthwhile vehicle combat, and campaign theater.

I will also admit that Halo 4 is way better now than it was at launch, even with the drastically reduced MP population.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You missed: good UI, worthwhile vehicle combat, and campaign theater.

I will also admit that Halo 4 is way better now than it was at launch, even with the drastically reduced MP population.
Okay, add "take plasma pistol and plasma grenades out of loadouts" and "hire an entirely new UI team" to my previous post. I don't miss campaign theater all that much, though. Sorry Ghaleon.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You weren't. It COULD have worked.

If ordinances were limited to items like Active Cameo (power up), OverShield, and SpeedBoost, and maybe some Armor Abilites, it would have been much better.
Better is not good.

COULD work. I was wrong.

I thought it could work too, but that was when I assumed it would be a random drop of weapons to neutral locations. I also assumed those drops would be accompanied by a notification to all players so people knew what weapons were in play at any given time.

I don't miss campaign theater all that much, though. Sorry Ghaleon.

I miss it more than I thought I would.

I thought it could work too, but that was when I assumed it would be a random drop of weapons to neutral locations. I also assumed those drops would be accompanied by a notification to all players so people knew what weapons were in play at any given time.

I had the exact same thoughts/assumptions pre-launch too.

I still hope they use this method in future settings for Infinity or legendary slayer. It would share power weapons around, create even balanced play but dynamic weapon drops and help reduce spawn killing/weapon farming while still promoting team work and map control/movement (dynamically of course).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I didn't really like the campaign and have only played it, like, 1.4 times. I've tried to go back to it a few times recently, but just can't get into it. So that's probably why I'm not really missing theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom