• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 10th Anniversary to DRIVECLUB!

//DEVIL//

SONY WAKE UP!!!
UNTIL DAWN REMAKE = NOBODY CARES!
DRIVE CLUB REMAKE / MOTORSTORM (NEW CAMPAIGN/4K/60FPS) = GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO RESCUE AN IP!
The studio behind it is closed.

I don't think anyone can work on it even if they wanted to.

I remember even the team behind Drive Club tried to get GT spin-off name on it instead of just Drive Club but that also failed ( think Forza Horizon to Forza Motorsport). I guess PD didn't have it.

The only way this game is going to be rescued is by either emulator or hacked PS4 pro or PS5 ( I have the hacked PS5 but i didn't bother to even get the game and then enable 60 fps on it through some hack I completely forgot how. but I watched DF video about it

look at this magnificent art. the team behind this was in a different class. not like the woke fucks we have these days. looks better in motion than any current racing game even GT7 and FM ( don't give me photo mode crap. gameplay is where its at )

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Great game.

Had a fun online mode back then, which for me is rare in racers. Offline mode was a bit like PGR, trying to get all stars. Addicting and made you retry even if you've won. Graphically its absolutely good, under the right circumstances. I sometimes boot it up on my PS5 and it does look better than Dirt 5 in rain stages. In some daytime stages the game looks kind of bland though, but considering base PS4 its quite an achievement and a 4k-60 boosted PS5 version would likely be my racer of this gen. The AI was rather viscious I believe, they dumped on GT's.

I did wish the handling was a bit more leaning towards arcade, like PGR was, I think Driveclub is a tad less forgiving.

Sony should've at least continued this IP. Why not. Its not like GT comes out every year. And Driveclub feels different enough. It sold over 2 million in a year AFAIK.

Senua

Gold Member
Good game but I never got on with the oversteer physics. Never felt anywhere near as controllable and fun as PGR games everyone here compares it to. In the rain it's still one of the best looking racers which says a lot about how little we've progressed. A PS5 drive club would have looked nuts. GT7 looks great but it's crossgen roots are obvious

Segaswirl

The only thing I enjoyed about this was collecting all the trophies. 3 Plats if you included bikes and VR.

I remember it being pretty average but seems like there is quite a bit of love for it within the PlayStation community. Deserves a remaster more than some of the other stuff they have been doing.

Same ol G

Driveclub, one of the few games ive kept the disc version of. Absolutely loved this racer. The cars all felt unique and fun to drive around. Also one of the few games to not have rubberband ai.

Would love a 4k60fps update for it but being realistic, it's never happening.

Same ol G Same ol G respect your opinion but its wrong.
Hahaha i respectfully disagree.
I know people love this game but to me it was a dissapointment, the nice thing about a opinion is that it's subjective there is no wrong.

Top Bottom