• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Rynam

I want to apologise that I posted less on day2 than on day1. I was the last couple days with fever in bed. I'll try to write more on day 3.

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry but

I don't know if it is wise to comment on the whole spelling trouble now. It's probably a joke from your side? People will read what they want into your comment and it interferes with the game... It is essentially unproven if Blarg is telling the truth or not. Until now you didn't interact (which I approve of, how else could one come up with gambits or what not). PM could have done the trick, just sayin'. But you just wanted to be funny, right? ;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ugh, I'm really sorry, I thought I could get away in my lunch break but I couldn't. Normally days aren't too bad for me but because I was out of town this weekend plus banned for the start of the day I've just not had time; that should be different tomorrow.

I mean, I think kingkitty's scum. If he is Voldemort, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some mechanic attached to lynching him just in case of situations like this: it would be a little odd if one of the key characters in a game as apparently story-driven as this one was removed on the second day. Regardless though, we need to lynch him.

In terms of other people, I think Lord of Castamere is relatively suspiscious. None of his reactions to things seem natural; there's an awful lot of coming up with a particular odd frame on things then trying to pass that frame off as obvious when it isn't. Aside from that, I'm not picking up many direct scum.

What I am picking up instead of scum, which is annoying me greatly, is people I highly suspect are good town PRs, being just a little to keen to soft or not disguise the fact they have additional information or 'shouldn't be lynched' for some vague reason. Obviously I won't name names, but if you are a town PR, please just check yourself a little, because if I can spot you, odds are mafia can too.

In terms of some people who I like: Kawl_USC is pumping out particularly good observational posts often. He's my surest town read at the moment. Enker and Hyperactivity I similarly trust.

I'll answer Hyper's statement about why I was "hesitant" to lynch Rats!. I really wanted to lynch Burb and had hoped that if I stuck to my guns, I might be able to keep enough people to lynch Burb. Obviously I couldn't just say I wasn't going to lynch someone anti-town and so I had to make it seem like I was also willing to vote Rats! even though I had no intention of doing so. I also remember someone posting that it was better for players to stick to their guns on things like this as to switch would make it seem like they were never really interested in lynching their original target in the first place.

Also, really enjoying your posts Hyper.

This really bothers me. You'd rather look good, sticking to your guns, and arguing against a better lynch?

Look, it's not that the split between people lynching Rats and people more hesitant necessarily means anything, it's possible many scum were smart enough to figure out what was going to happen very quickly, but it's statistically more probable we find scum examining the 2nd group

kingkitty

i'm ready

NGxskB3.gif

SalvaPot

One more vote needed to send kingkitty to King Cross. I also have school in 50 minutes and an essay to finish in less than 3 hours.

More the idea of you looking for another person being really strange

I don't feel like there's anything strange about preferring to look for a scum player to lynch instead of somebody who I trusted as a townie (albeit a supposedly dangerous one). Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at.

Well, she claims she got notified that she got poisoned, so if someone else comes forward tomorrow saying he has been poisoned, that will lend some credence to her claim. I doubt scum would forfeit an extra kill opportunity just to put suspicion on someone that will probably die soon anyway, and if it is a neutral power there is even less reason for that person to not poison on purpose.

I hadn't thought of it like that. Honestly when I imagined the poisoning role, I just assumed they'd only get to target somebody once per game.

Should I vote for KK now?

Kalor

I don't feel like there's anything strange about preferring to look for a scum player to lynch instead of somebody who I trusted as a townie (albeit a supposedly dangerous one). Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at.

I hadn't thought of it like that. Honestly when I imagined the poisoning role, I just assumed they'd only get to target somebody once per game.

Should I vote for KK now?

If you don't think that town is losing anything by risking your life then go ahead but let Burbeting do his post first and see what other people think.

Burbeting

Banned
NOTE: This post has some flavor-based reasoning in it. Might be hypersensitive for hyperactive (Sorry, had to make the joke).

Hyper, there is one way to prove that I am not lying.

However, I would rather not use that, as it would mean a waste of one night for the town, and there is a real reason why I have not mentioned it.

Okay so, I kept thinking if I should come forward with this further, but I decided to do it, mostly because I feel that otherwise day 3 will be unnecessarily spinning around me after KK debate (At least it sounds like both Hyper and Flame are set on voting me tomorrow?). So yeah, there is a way to check if I am telling the truth or not.

According to my role PM, there is one investigative role in the game, that will obtain the real result about my alignment, aka that role will see me as a Hogwarts-aligned, and not a Scum. According to my role PM, said role is a “man”, who knows that I am loyal to Hogwarts. Based on HP Flavor, I presumed that this role is Dumbledore, but obviously I cannot be 100% sure.

I didn’t come in with this information, as I thought that it would be a blow on town for me to reveal, that there might be multiple investigators on the game, and that I think Dumbledore is one of them. However, day 2 changed things, with Blargonaut claiming Dumbledore, and that he is an scum investigator (According to him). This claim was completely in line with my role pm information, and what I though was the Flavor name of said role, so I believed Blarg immediately, and voted Kingkitty as soon as Blarg claimed, with no hesitation.

Obviously, that the role who sees me as Hogwarts is Dumbledore is completely pure speculation, but I’m at least 99% sure that Dumbledore has to be the role, who will see me with my true alignment. So, the way to make sure if I am really on Hogwarts side or not, is to let Blarg investigate me next night.

HOWEVER.

I want to press, that I am not asking or demanding Blarg to do this. If he thinks I have ill intentions with this, or that there might be something else going on (like scum framer making me look like Hogwarts when Blarg investigates me), I will completely understands if he does not want to investigate me. I understand that he is playing with borrowed time here, and using an investigation on me, is something he does not want to do. That’s completely fine, and I’ll understand it.

I’m just afraid that if there is no conclusion on discussion about my alignment, the town might waste tomorrow on chasing after me, instead of chasing the scum, which is something I really don’t want to see. But again, it is completely up to you Blarg. If you think I am trying to trick you, then by all means, use your investigation on someone else.

Thanks.

Anyways, let's divy people into camps

Burbeting:
People who want to lynch now/sooner than later-
-Flame_AC, Kingkitty, Retroid, Crab

Support Lynch Without Better Options-
- Arkos, ZippedPinHead, Flame_AC??? (again?)

People believe it's a problem that will solve itself-
Kawl_USC, MagnumBoy, Swamped, TheExodus5, BSP, Gorlak, Hyperactivity, Kalor, Lord of Castamere, Christina Mackenzie, Roytheone, Sawneeks

Uncertain:
Blargonaut (originally a part of the sooner rather than later group),

Absent people-
Rynam, Enker (if I screw up this portion, TELL ME)

and a 2nd category

People that trust Burbeting:
BSP, Kalor

People that think he's Snape and town:
MagnumBoy (??), TheExodus5, Swamped, TheGoddamn (randomly voted for Burb's lynch)

People that think he's Snape, idk aligned:
Retroid, Arkos, Lord of Castamere, Lone_Prodigy, Roytheone

People that are uncertain:
Gorlak, Hyperactivity (sorta believed he was Snape, wasn't sure), Flame_AC, Matt Attack, Christina Mackenzie, Sawneeks

Something specific from Flame_AC I noticed:

I agree with you that it'd be great to have a better target than Burb, but I think it will be hard to have someone else reveal themselves so long as Burb is on the hotseat. If another candidate pops up, of course we'd all change our votes. I think you're right in saying it is a safe vote, but that can be a good thing on a Day 1 in a game supposedly filled with power roles.

What happened to that?

Something from TheGodamn I noticed, seeing as he was against a burb lynch just a little earlier:

I never liked Snape; even if he's on our side, he's still a git. Let's drown him in shampoo.

Maybe there was something to my "killing Burb" joke, too, once I separate it from the flavor (Snape as Miller really is a great choice) and outside knowledge of Burb.

Vote: Burbeting

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I forgot that. I'm fine with leaving Burbeting for the time being, that was my vote only early on D1 when there wasn't much else going on. For the time being, I'm content to just not have a strong opinion. We will have more information tomorrow and talk now is very unlikely to change the outcome of this day (kingkitty lynch) and is much more likely to change the outcome of the night (someone important getting themselves killed), so I'm cool on holding my horses on that one.

NOTE: This post has some flavor-based reasoning in it. Might be hypersensitive for hyperactive (Sorry, had to make the joke).

Okay so, I kept thinking if I should come forward with this further, but I decided to do it, mostly because I feel that otherwise day 3 will be unnecessarily spinning around me after KK debate (At least it sounds like both Hyper and Flame are set on voting me tomorrow?). So yeah, there is a way to check if I am telling the truth or not.

According to my role PM, there is one investigative role in the game, that will obtain the real result about my alignment, aka that role will see me as a Hogwarts-aligned, and not a Scum. According to my role PM, said role is a “man”, who knows that I am loyal to Hogwarts. Based on HP Flavor, I presumed that this role is Dumbledore, but obviously I cannot be 100% sure.

I didn’t come in with this information, as I thought that it would be a blow on town for me to reveal, that there might be multiple investigators on the game, and that I think Dumbledore is one of them. However, day 2 changed things, with Blargonaut claiming Dumbledore, and that he is an scum investigator (According to him). This claim was completely in line with my role pm information, and what I though was the Flavor name of said role, so I believed Blarg immediately, and voted Kingkitty as soon as Blarg claimed, with no hesitation.

Obviously, that the role who sees me as Hogwarts is Dumbledore is completely pure speculation, but I’m at least 99% sure that Dumbledore has to be the role, who will see me with my true alignment. So, the way to make sure if I am really on Hogwarts side or not, is to let Blarg investigate me next night.

HOWEVER.

I want to press, that I am not asking or demanding Blarg to do this. If he thinks I have ill intentions with this, or that there might be something else going on (like scum framer making me look like Hogwarts when Blarg investigates me), I will completely understands if he does not want to investigate me. I understand that he is playing with borrowed time here, and using an investigation on me, is something he does not want to do. That’s completely fine, and I’ll understand it.

I’m just afraid that if there is no conclusion on discussion about my alignment, the town might waste tomorrow on chasing after me, instead of chasing the scum, which is something I really don’t want to see. But again, it is completely up to you Blarg. If you think I am trying to trick you, then by all means, use your investigation on someone else.

Thanks.

Wait, something about this confuses me

No scum aligned cop would be an alignment cop. You essentially made the claim that we have two alignment cops and a scum role cop

Kalor

Burbeting's reasoning looks ok and while he could have made it up, we can't really dive into it today.

I thought something earlier. What if killing Voldermort allows him to night kill anyone who voted for him, not necessarily the person who last voted.

Shit time limit, oh well this one isn't as hard to go through and place people, you guys can do it yourselves

Note: The Awesome Possum was get burbeting out sooner than later on burbeting

Rats:

People who want to lynch-
Kawl_USC, Rynam,Hyperactivity, Gorlak (??),

People who want to lynch, but I don't take it to mean much (bandwagonny, this is VERY subjective)-
MagnumBoy, TheExodus5, Arkos, Enker,

People who are hesitant/want info/want to lynch someone else-
Retroid, ZippedPinHead, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, BSP,

Absent people-
TWE (probably missed his posts),

Burbeting

Banned
Wait, something about this confuses me

No scum aligned cop would be an alignment cop. You essentially made the claim that we have two alignment cops and a scum role cop

My role PM simply says there are multiple investigative roles, and that one of them will see my true alighment. If Blarg is telling the truth, there is a scum cop as well. It's alot of investigative roles, but we don't know the specifics of their roles.

There is the possibility that the Scum Cop will see me as "Severus Snape, Hogwarts", which would fit the bill as well. But at this point I think it's Dumbledore for flavor reasons (and yes, I know Flavor is not much to go with, but it's all I had on trying to figure out what investigative role it could be, and Dumbledore fits the bill).

Burbeting

Banned
Shit time limit, oh well this one isn't as hard to go through and place people, you guys can do it yourselves

Note: The Awesome Possum was get burbeting out sooner than later on burbeting

Rats:

Kawl_USC, Rynam,Hyperactivity, Gorlak (??),

People who want to lynch, but I don't take it to mean much (bandwagonny, this is VERY subjective)-
MagnumBoy, TheExodus5, Arkos, Enker,

Retroid, ZippedPinHead, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, BSP,

Absent people-
TWE (probably missed his posts),

There is still one hour, no need to panic.

Burbeting's reasoning looks ok and while he could have made it up, we can't really dive into it today.

I thought something earlier. What if killing Voldermort allows him to night kill anyone who voted for him, not necessarily the person who last voted.

Yeah, I think that if there's some sort of lynch effect, there's at least some chance it's not as simple as killing who last voted on him.

In any case, if you guys want me to vote I can do so in as late as 20 minutes from now, otherwise we can just let the last hour pass by.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It would be very silly for Blarg to investigate Burb, for a number of reasons. Firstly because then mafia will just kill Burb and then Blarg has wasted an investigation, secondly because we have no reason to suppose Burb's explanation so far is valid and an investigation doesn't actually confirm or deny it (e.g. he could be a godfather who appears guilty to a certain investigator), thirdly because there are just more valuable and interesting targets than Blarg anyway, and fourthly I wanted to have a fourth option in this list.

Burbeting

Banned
It would be very silly for Blarg to investigate Burb, for a number of reasons. Firstly because then mafia will just kill Burb and then Blarg has wasted an investigation, secondly because we have no reason to suppose Burb's explanation so far is valid and an investigation doesn't actually confirm or deny it (e.g. he could be a godfather who appears guilty to a certain investigator), thirdly because there are just more valuable and interesting targets than Blarg anyway, and fourthly I wanted to have a fourth option in this list.

I'm completely fine with Blarg not investigating me, but I presented it as an option, as I fear that D3 is going to be yet another wild goose chase around me, if there is no closure on the question. But yeah, those are valid points from your point of view as well.

There is still one hour, no need to panic.

Well then...

MGS Hyperactivity must have kicked in for a second there, what with ending every single actual day thinking it was the end of the day phase

Note: The Awesome Possum was get burbeting out sooner than later on burbeting, only posted after rats situation because he was catching up

LoC was also catching up, his opinion in that one post was: mostly believe Brbeting is telling the truth, but who knows could even be neutral. This puts him in the believes Snape, but idk aligned imo.

Rats:

Kawl_USC, Rynam,Hyperactivity, Gorlak (??), Burbeting, Sawneeks

MagnumBoy, TheExodus5, Arkos, Enker, TheAwesomePossum, Kingkitty, LordOfCastamere, roytheone

Retroid, ZippedPinHead, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, BSP, Kingkitty (again), Blargonaut, Kalor,

Absent people-
TWE (probably missed his posts), Crab (posted today but doesn't mean much), TheGoddamn, Christina Mackenzie (placeholder vote for me only),

I want to clarify again, most people are gonna fall into the bandwagon basket, and it really sucks. I see more bandwagonny votes as being more indicative of nothing really, you can conclude even less than normal without multiple days to look at

I also want to say that almost everyone int he lynch Rats basket started off wanting some info, that's everyone in general tbh

I feel like this discussion could be saved for D3 as we will have more information after we find out kingkitty's role and see who got lynched during the night phase. I think it's safe for someone to be the last vote for kingkitty now. It being arbitrarily the last person who voted being lynched would be stupid.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm completely fine with Blarg not investigating me, but I presented it as an option, as I fear that D3 is going to be yet another wild goose chase around me, if there is no closure on the question. But yeah, those are valid points from your point of view as well.

Personally I now just think it would be a massive song and dance for you to go all this trouble and I don't really see any strategic gain from it. For what it's worth, I still would vote to lynch you in the event there wasn't anyone more suspiscious, but that person now exists (until tomorrow, anyway). I just equally think that suggesting Blarg search you is pretty silly. The only person Blarg knows is town is Blarg; he has reason to suspect the motives of anyone else and direct advice about what to do with his (very powerful) role is strongly likely to be worse than his own decision.

Yeah, I think that if there's some sort of lynch effect, there's at least some chance it's not as simple as killing who last voted on him.

In any case, if you guys want me to vote I can do so in as late as 20 minutes from now, otherwise we can just let the last hour pass by.

20 minutes from now, I want to see you back up your words rather than just fake bravadoing the whole- "Oh I'm totally willing to risk the lynch bomb, look how town I am"

This could be twisted to be WIFOM, but the idea seems absurd. A godfather claiming miller???

Flame_AC

This really bothers me. You'd rather look good, sticking to your guns, and arguing against a better lynch?

Look, it's not that the split between people lynching Rats and people more hesitant necessarily means anything, it's possible many scum were smart enough to figure out what was going to happen very quickly, but it's statistically more probable we find scum examining the 2nd group

At the time, we didn't fully know that Rats! was a better lynch. Rats! was dead with or without my vote and I'd rather stay on my target then follow the train. Also, I think it's interesting that Burb thinks you and I are going to go for him tomorrow. I totally am in the absence of new information, but are you? I hadn't thought you were definitely going for him, but he mentioned it, so are you?

Something specific from Flame_AC I noticed:

What happened to that?

I wasn't completely convinced with Rats! and would rather take off a known distraction like Burb.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This could be twisted to be WIFOM, but the idea seems absurd. A godfather claiming miller???

It was an example I made up off the top of my head. The point is Burb could have some interesting or unusual role that could be made to plausibly appear like another, and he could be using Blarg as a town proxy (I mean, assuming Blarg is town) to clear him falsely. We simply don't know, and it would be unwise for Blarg to therefore allow Burb to influence his decisions.

20 minutes from now, I want to see you back up your words rather than just fake bravadoing the whole- "Oh I'm totally willing to risk the lynch bomb, look how town I am"

Well my class starts in 4 minutes. I'm happy to vote now if you'd like. It's not bravado, I just don't want to end the day if ou guys are still talking.

At the time, we didn't fully know that Rats! was a better lynch. Rats! was dead with or without my vote and I'd rather stay on my target then follow the train. Also, I think it's interesting that Burb thinks you and I are going to go for him tomorrow. I totally am in the absence of new information, but are you? I hadn't thought you were definitely going for him, but he mentioned it, so are you?

I wasn't completely convinced with Rats! and would rather take off a known distraction like Burb.

Me, personally? Eh, I think I found better targets to go after, although I still don't fully trust Burbeting, he did a decent job explaining himself.

I often post in a very open-notebook style, with a few exceptions- if I have a feeling or guess or I notice something I put it into writing, so everyone can see what's going on and comment and add to it. And honestly, I'd prefer if my posts didn't just evoke people wanting to defend themselves from and weirdness I found, but also people adding on to any ideas, noticing things for themselves

Top Bottom