• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Shearer is staying on the Simpsons after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Shearer, the talented voice actor behind Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, and a number of other iconic Simpsons characters (Otto! Dr. Hibbert! Rainier Wolfcastle!), will remain with the show for at least the next two years, Fox announced today (via THR).

That’s despite Shearer’s proclamation in May that he would be leaving the show, which led to widespread Simpsons fan panic at the idea of someone trying to replace him. Fortunately, there’s nothing to worry about—except for maybe the fact that The Simpsons will never, ever end.

http://kotaku.com/phew-harry-sheare..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Fucks sake. Let it die.

Maddog

Someone's getting a visit from the money truck.
LCzUe7y.jpg

Bob White

Hope they told him about some sort of end game for the show to give him an idea of when it'll actually be fucking done.

rjinaz

I still like the Simpsons, though I know it's popular to hate on it. There is something comforting about being able to still watch a show that started when I was in preschool and I'm in my 30s now.

So this is good news for me.

Thorgal

Look on the positive side guys , we will have 2 years worth of new material to convert to gifs for every possible occasion and contingency .

On a more serious note , clearly there is still a significant amount of people who are still watching the show since otherwise why would they bother to keep churning out new seasons ?

I didn't even know he said he was leaving. I wonder what would happen if something like this did happen. No one could replace Homer, I bet.

Lothars

I hate this response to it. Your guilty pleasure watch is not exempt from criticism just because some of us aren't willing to sit through 22 minutes of Lisa making pals with guest star Lady Gaga.
No but when the criticism is the show sucks and let it die. That's not a valid criticism.

The simpsons is still a good show no matter what you or anyone else says.

How long will it be before an entire episode is set in a single room with only a handful of characters remaining due to the majority of voice actors succumbing to their own mortality?

Oh well, it's not like I watch anything beyond S9 anyway.

No but when the criticism is the show sucks and let it die. That's not a valid criticism.

The simpsons is still a good show no matter what you or anyone else says.

Then again, most of the strongest praise I hear for the Simpsons these days is "well it's better than Family Guy"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Surprising nobody since everyone knew it was a pay dispute.

rjinaz

I hate this response to it. Your guilty pleasure watch is not exempt from criticism just because some of us aren't willing to sit through 22 minutes of Lisa making pals with guest star Lady Gaga.

How is the response "I don't like it, take it off the air" any better? "Don't watch it" is a perfectly valid response to somebody that wants the show to end. Millions of people are still enjoying the show, if somebody is not, maybe it's time to move on instead of hoping the show is taken away from others.

The show is certainly not exempt from criticism though, of course.

How is the response "I don't like it, take it off the air" any better? "Don't watch it" is a perfectly valid response to somebody that wants the show to end. Millions of people are still enjoying the show, if somebody is not, maybe it's time to move on instead of hoping the show is taken away from others.

The show is certainly not exempt from criticism though, of course.

People still watch The Simpsons? You'd think with the infinitely better programming on Sunday night alone, that would do a dent in the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom