• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hate Plus |OT| A Digital Love Story

cj_iwakura

Um0cjCI.jpg

Cheesecake counts, right?...

cj_iwakura

Finished the Hyun-ae route.
Great characters and world building, but she really wrecked the impact by having Hyun-Ae going 'omg let's read the Death of Mute right now!!'.

Ending was a little sudden also.

Overall the original was a much better game, as there was a lot more interaction, but this was very much worth playing too.

cj_iwakura

So is it less preachy and sledgehammeresque than Analogue? Is there more art or is it still all email reading?

Just as. The art above is from the bios of major characters. Beyond, there is LESS gameplay than Analogue. JUST email reading and occasional choices with the AI between days.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
Just finished the *Mute and harem endings, got the Time Paradox achievement.

Overall I would say that I am very happy with this as a continuation of the Analogue storyline, but as a full product it's not as interesting or complete as Analogue was. Some storylines, while they helped flesh out the world, didn't seem to have any direct ties to the "main" story,
Mimi and Seung-Bok's relationship
being the most obvious example.
I really love the political aspects of the story, watching a society deteriorate from pseudo modern to, well to what we saw in Analogue. It was a fascinating depiction of a possible scenario.
Ultimately it's probably the weakest part of Christine Love's loose trilogy, but it's still more than worth playing.

yami4ct

Finally was able to grab this. Just got my MacBook Air with my Analogue save on it back from a warrantee battery repair at the apple store. Got through the first day so far.

I have to say, I'm enjoying it as much if not more than the first one. It's far lest interactive than Analogue, but I'm really liking the stories Christine is telling. So much interesting things to sort through. The inclusion of the character encyclopedia was a godsend as well and probably my favorite addition.

Story wise, my favorite parts of what I've read have been the Chief Engineer's story and the Flower Girl/Actress story. The chief engineer story is my absolute favorite so far. She's such a cool, relatable character. The way her story is told through different diaries is a really interesting way to do it. I love how sweet
her and her husband's relationship is. They seem so nice together and seeing them develop from a grandmother matchmaker was actually pretty interesting.
. The whole attempted
rape scene
was absolutely horrifying. Typical Christine Love Analogue story telling. You can see it coming from a mile away, but it's all the more horrible because there's nothing you can do to stop it. Interested to see what the repercussions are for her and her work.

The flower girl/actress story was really cute. Nice to see it presented from both sides. This one is one of the stories I'm most eagerly awaiting to see how it progresses as it goes on.

As for the main political narrative, it's neat. A bit hard to follow, but that seems intentional. Old *Mute is such a different character and can't wait to see how she progresses. Some of the aspects of how the ship reverts in terms of social structure are obvious from the outset, but it should be really interesting to see the details.

Overall, great addition to the Analogue universe. It's certainly more of a novel than the last one, and I can see why that would bug some people, but I really have no problem with it. I'm more than willing to pay $9 for an interesting novel that fills in gaps in a universe I really enjoy and has some nice art and music.

No relation whatsoever. You should probably play Digital: A Love Story first anyways.

There's a relationship in that Digital and Don't Take it Personally are in the same universe as Analogue, but these are standalone with only *AIs and digital communication serving as the only tenuous link between the stories.

Can't believe I missed the OT for this.
Currently on my 3rd playthrough to get *Hyun-ae's ending.
I want to 100% this game like I did with Analogue but the
Level 4 Revive Materia
achievement is standing in the way of that.

Villain/plot spoilers-ish:
I love how gray the morals of Oh Eun-A are, though. Crazy stuff happened with her.
The entire game really paints a fantastic image of life at the turn of events that caused the ship to become what it was in Analogue.

Still think I prefer Analogue, though.

Well I finished up my final playthrough for the Red & Gold achievement today, definitely enjoyed the game a lot in the end although I think I'd put it just slightly behind Analogue.

I want to 100% this game like I did with Analogue but the
Level 4 Revive Materia
achievement is standing in the way of that.
Yeah, that achievement sucks. I really don't understand why
she added a Steam achievement that isn't programmed in the game and can never be unlocked
especially since she has said on Twitter that nothing new will be added to the game. Surely
Steam must have a rule regarding achievements saying that they all have to be obtainable.

Top Bottom