• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Does this work on Playstation TV? Disappointed to see that the first game doesn't, but I guess the touchscreen requirement messes it up and they aren't likely to patch that out if they can sell you the sequel..

F 2nd works on PS TV just fine I hear.

Astarte

They're both equally fucking impossible.

I finally got both of them down on extreme after trying for a long stretch of time. I'm glad I passed every song on both F games, but I wanna shoot for Guhreato or higher on all of them. I fear for my fingers.

ShadiWulf

I managed to pass the Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku on hard mode without any items, during spotlight mode, too! So happy with myself right now.

B2rlu6RIgAAMz6z.jpg:large

Busaiku

Well at Best Buy you can go to the other games' midnight launches and pick up non-midnight launch games launching that same day.

I assume it's the same for other shops.

Yeah, Gamestop for me.
It's always fun being the only one in the line getting the niche game.

ZeroAKA

I'm trying my best to finish at least one of my three papers tonight so that I can play this as soon as possible tomorrow. I need this in my life.

system11

I had this imported from the US last time. This time around there's apparently loads of DLC, is that included in the game again or can we expect to see it on PSN? If so maybe I should just accept the loss of progress and buy EU this time.

I had this imported from the US last time. This time around there's apparently loads of DLC, is that included in the game again or can we expect to see it on PSN? If so maybe I should just accept the loss of progress and buy EU this time.

There is no version of this game or the previous that has any DLC included.

Marche90

Can't wait to pick up my copy tomorrow

I was considering skipping going to both the office and my afternoon classes tomorrow, but I don't think that's a wise decision. I'll have to pick up the game at night, sadly. Either that or skipping lunch

Hmmm...

Have the US PSN version pre-ordered to play untill it launches over here in Europe on friday, then i'm picking up the vita version. I havent been this excited about a game in ages ^^

Maedhros

I have an itch for a rythm type game now.

Is this game good? I really like the music selection from DJ Max series, are the musics here good? I've seen some great shit made on Miku.

BTW, does it have a music creation mode?

ZeroAKA

Have the US PSN version pre-ordered to play untill it launches over here in Europe on friday, then i'm picking up the vita version. I havent been this excited about a game in ages ^^
How'd you pre-order the US PSN version?

Is this game good? I really like the music selection from DJ Max series, are the musics here good? I've seen some great shit made on Miku.

Watch the videos in the OP, specifically the song preview video.

There isn't a music creation mode, but there is a level creator. You have to provide your own music though, and it's very complicated.

Marche90

Also, try the demo for the first game, it's available for both Vita and PS3.

That PS3 demo was my start of darkness first contact with the franchise.

Amazon shipped my copy of the Vita and PS3 version so woo.

Wasn't even aware they had some pre-order DLC which just seems to be two live performances so I guess that's cool.

There is no version of this game or the previous that has any DLC included.

Project Diva F for the PS3 included the song pack DLC. That's why it's $10 more expensive than the vita version, which does not include that DLC.

But yeah, neither the PS3 nor the Vita versions of F 2nd include any DLC, unless you get something from pre-ordering.

Project Diva F for the PS3 included the song pack DLC. That's why it's $10 more expensive than the vita version, which does not include that DLC.

But yeah, neither the PS3 nor the Vita versions of F 2nd include any DLC, unless you get something from pre-ordering.

The extra songs are only DLC for the Vita version. They were an integral part of the PS3 version (to the point trophies and other achievements are tied to them, and they all have unlock conditions unlike true DLC) - thus the two titles having different names.

Marche90

The extra songs are only DLC for the Vita version. They were an integral part of the PS3 version (to the point trophies and other achievements are tied to them, and they all have unlock conditions unlike true DLC) - thus the two titles having different names.

Uh, for once, you're wrong about something: The extra songs aren't tied to any trophies and the unlock conditions only apply to the extra songs themselves.

Uh, for once, you're wrong about something: The extra songs aren't tied to any trophies and the unlock conditions only apply to the extra songs themselves.

Songs and modules definitely had unlock conditions, and I'm fairly certain the achievement tracker was adjusted to require the new songs for things like clearing 100% of one difficulty or unlocking the credits game.

Besides, the content isn't downloaded, so by definition it isn't downloadable content. Owning the PS3 game didn't automatically grant you the new songs for the Vita either, like every DLC for f/F and F 2nd does.

Pachimari

I have never played any titles in this franchise but have always been super interested, and is looking to jump in with F 2nd.

Is it a rhythm game like Parappa the Rappa, Dance Dance Revolution and such? I love those kind of games, and especially with some catchy Japanese tunes.

pariah164

I have never played any titles in this franchise but have always been super interested, and is looking to jump in with F 2nd.

Is it a rhythm game like Parappa the Rappa, Dance Dance Revolution and such? I love those kind of games, and especially with some catchy Japanese tunes.
It's really its own beast. Watch some gameplay videos to get a feel for it. They are some of the best rhythm games in existence, in my opinion, so you're in for a good time.

It's definitely a rhythm game, though it controls differently than most. The music is exclusively Vocaloid, which may or may not be to your liking, but it's certainly worth a try. There is a demo for the first game available on PSN if you'd like to try before you buy; the two games are similar enough that the same demo should give you an indicator of whether you'd like either one.

Pachimari

It's definitely a rhythm game, though it controls differently than most. The music is exclusively Vocaloid, which may or may not be to your liking, but it's certainly worth a try. There is a demo for the first game available on PSN if you'd like to try before you buy; the two games are similar enough that the same demo should give you an indicator of whether you'd like either one.

I tried out the demo some weeks ago and couldn't get the hang of it. Was super hard for me to understand for some reason.

I'll try it out again this month.

Marche90

Songs and modules definitely had unlock conditions, and I'm fairly certain the achievement tracker was adjusted to require the new songs for things like clearing 100% of one difficulty or unlocking the credits game.

Besides, the content isn't downloaded, so by definition it isn't downloadable content. Owning the PS3 game didn't automatically grant you the new songs for the Vita either, like every DLC for f/F and F 2nd does.

Oh, I'm not contending the fact that it's not DLC, but the fact that the songs aren't required for trophies. I'm pretty much 100% sure I got the credits rolling after making it through Continuing Dream. You do get Titles for playing those songs, though, but they are clearly marked as Extra songs in the title description

ShadiWulf

I tried out the demo some weeks ago and couldn't get the hang of it. Was super hard for me to understand for some reason.

I'll try it out again this month.

What system did you try the demo on? It's really hard on PS3 if you're getting even the slightest bit of input lag. You gotta calibrate it just right using the in game options.

TRI Mike

Great OT. I didn't think we'd have one for Miku.

I decided to double dip since I like supporting these kind of niche games. I got confirmation that cross-saving is possible so since I'm a big Miku fan, I decided to get both versions.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I wonder if the pre-order dlc is cross compatible. If so, I don't need two, so I can give away one :p

Bought to pick my copies up.

I loved Kokoro from Mirai 2. Forgot it was included in this game!

Edit: there are different difficulties for the tutorial?! Yessss!

Wynnebeck

Banned
Supreme sadness. Being the only person and employee who pre-ordered the game, I was excited to get it tonight at midnight. I was sad to find out that there was a shipping error and every damn game coming out today EXCEPT F 2nd made it into our inventory. I legit almost wanted to cry. My manager (who is my Vita buddy) felt sorry for me and said she would personally grab a copy from another store for me so I can play it today. I gave her a big hug.

pariah164

FINALLY. And not a moment too soon.

Supreme sadness. Being the only person and employee who pre-ordered the game, I was excited to get it tonight at midnight. I was sad to find out that there was a shipping error and every damn game coming out today EXCEPT F 2nd made it into our inventory. I legit almost wanted to cry. My manager (who is my Vita buddy) felt sorry for me and said she would personally grab a copy from another store for me so I can play it today. I gave her a big hug.
Aww. That's so sweet.

Muzy72

Banned
Grace Chen plz, update the PS Store. I need my Miku.

Why can't Sony be like Nintendo and put up retail releases on the PSN store at midnight EST ;(

Busaiku

I wonder if there are less illustrations in the Vita game.
Already saw like 1 or 2 repeats.

General Vita impressions though...
Button presses are much easier, but Star notes are much harder. I always mashed to get Good/Cools on PS3, but I'm actually getting Safes. Guess that kills my chances of Extreme.
I thought it'd be easier on a smaller screen, but I think some notes are way harder.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I wonder if there are less illustrations in the Vita game.
Already saw like 1 or 2 repeats.

General Vita impressions though...
Button presses are much easier, but Star notes are much harder. I always mashed to get Good/Cools on PS3, but I'm actually getting Safes. Guess that kills my chances of Extreme.
I thought it'd be easier on a smaller screen, but I think some notes are way harder.

You're probably suffering from lag on the PS3 and adjusting to playing on the Vita where it is very accurate. Mashing won't work on the Vita especially on Extreme.

The DLC page on the website kept changing tonight: first it said that the AR Live songs are free for 39 days in Europe, then in both the US and Europe, and now not free at all anywhere. Which makes sense, given that it was the Amazon preorder bonus.

However, skins are free for the first 39 days, following how it was done in Japan.

Top Bottom