• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Zenaku

That is, in fact, exactly what is going on. I'm not sure if it's a limitation in the PS4 controller protocol or if it's an issue specific to Hori, but you really don't have a choice but to do the remapping from the controller end. I'm really surprised that they didn't include a layout switch in addition to (or instead of) the dynamic remapping, because having to set the layout again each time you switch games is really annoying.

Looks like it might be a PS4/PS3 controller problem. I've just tried hooking up DS4 and the minicon to my PC with CronusMax to test the inputs, and the DS4 simply wouldn't register Up/Down or Left/Right inputs simultaneously. Trying to hold down Left/Right for example would give Left/Down or Up/Right. The minicon however, if I push Right while holding Left it'll cancel the Left input and only register Right.

Oh well, I'll use my existing in-game config as is, so the Up/Down and face buttons work as intended in menus, and simply use assign to switch Left/Right to Triangle/Square inputs, should make reassigning a bit quicker when I switch games.

Zenaku

This might become a double post, got some database error right as I posted and my post is showing up on the post screen but not in the thread itself.

EDIT: Yep, dp

system11

I really wish they'd release a physical version of this game :( It'll be a shame when it vanishes from PSN as things from Sega inevitably end up doing. Best PD game by far.

Perfected everything on hard. \o/ Negaposi Continues gave me the most trouble by far. Still got 8 songs left to clear on extreme, they are insane.

KRwbmt8.jpg

Also collected a load of pv screenshots here if anyone's interested.

I really wish they'd release a physical version of this game :( It'll be a shame when it vanishes from PSN as things from Sega inevitably end up doing. Best PD game by far.

Sort of scratching my head at this. This is the fourth digital-only Project DIVA release on PSN (after the three Dreamy Theater releases for PS3) and removal of any of it has never been in the cards, even though Dreamy Theater 2nd provides all of the first Dreamy Theater's content free of charge. Unless this is something Sega of Europe is known to do, but that hardly applies to a Japanese release.

Mandelbo

Perfected everything on hard. o/ Negaposi Continues gave me the most trouble by far. Still got 8 songs left to clear on extreme, they are insane.

Also collected a load of pv screenshots here if anyone's interested.

Holy crap, good job man! Negaposi still gives me nightmares, can't see myself perfecting that soon!

SimonM7

I really wish they'd release a physical version of this game :( It'll be a shame when it vanishes from PSN as things from Sega inevitably end up doing.

Even if they were to do that, you can still download things that have been de-listed. The things Sega have de-listed are typically due to licenses running out, but I can still download the Outrun 2 and Sega Rally 3 XBLA releases I bought when they were around. You just can't have the realisation in however many years time, that oh - I want to buy that game!

Best PD game by far.

The most by far, anyway!

So I've been trying to figure out how the season pass for the new DLC works. It doesn't appear to be listed on PSN yet, though the first DLC set is up for preorder. (EDIT: Nope, that was the item unlocker I saw on the store, not the first DLC, which happens to be priced the same. Hopefully people won't buy the item unlocker instead of the DLC...)

I did find that the version 1.03 patch notes on the official website detail what is being changed far more than what was originally related here. So, near as I can figure (standard Google Translate-assisted disclaimer applies):

Additional Content
  • PV Playlist function added.
  • Add "Random" selection for Module/Hairstyle.
  • Add timing adjustment for individual songs (adjust from the Pause menu).
  • Add support for additional content
Fixes
  • Adjusted the way Hold markers are handled when the game is paused
  • Adjusted the maximum possible score earned during the rhythm game
  • Corrected sound issue when performing button rolls
  • Allow additional menu operations with left/right analog stick
  • Raised maximum VP cap to 9999999VP
  • Correct issues with certain module/hairstyle combinations
  • Also other bug fixes
About the hold button change
This update modifies the game's behavior when pausing during a hold to correct an issue that impacted the score earned for that song. As a result of this change, existing score records will be adjusted slightly. (Achievement rate is not affected - I'm not sure if this means the clear percent or the FS/CT levels.)

Mandelbo

Is the hold fix related to how sometimes your hold notes can get cancelled when the game gets paused, even if you're still holding the buttons down? It'd be nice if they fixed that since it does get a little irritating at times.

muteki

I wonder why the VP cap is so high when everything can be bought for what seems like much less.

I'm well on my way of meeting my (lowly, pathetic) goal of at least Excellenting the 100 or so songs I've favorited on Hard. Once that is done (or I get close, negiposi is being a pain right now) I'll move on and dedicate a considerable amount of time to extreme, something I haven't really done since 2nd. But the game really shines with the minicontroller and really want to keep going. Multi-button combos make so much more sense now with the layout of the controller and how they tend to be displayed on the screen.

I found the arcade scoring rules on the wiki and it was much more complex than I anticipated, but it explained a lot of what I wasn't understanding about holds and why I'd finish some songs with what seemed like only a few safes but the completion percentage was so far behind. Keeping combos going is really important.

Quick question: At what time Japanese PSN update? It's 10:39 BRT here and at 12:00 will already be Thursday in Japan.

Can't wait to play Ageage Again!

Oh, I didn't see your last post, sorry.

So, 11:00 JST, huh. 23:00 BRT here then. Damn, tonight I'm not going to sleep lol.

Well, it could be earlier. PSN updates used to take hours to finish in Japan too. I've never seen it come up later than noon though.

I've also never had to watch a PS4 DLC release. I preordered Future Tone so I didn't have to wait for PSN to update that day to play it. Apparently Future Tone launched for non-preorders at 9:30 PM EDT (10:30 AM JST) based on the release day posts in this thread, so I guess my originally given timeframe is still around the right time to start watching for it.

Well, it could be earlier. PSN updates used to take hours to finish in Japan too. I've never seen it come up later than noon though.

I've also never had to watch a PS4 DLC release. I preordered Future Tone so I didn't have to wait for PSN to update that day to play it. Apparently Future Tone launched for non-preorders at 9:30 PM EDT (10:30 AM JST) based on the release day posts in this thread, so I guess my originally given timeframe is still around the right time to start watching for it.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Another question: Without taxes, the first DLC will cost 1.500 Yen. How much it will cost with taxes? 1.500 plus 10%?

Wait, DLC finally? I never even saw the news post. What are we getting?

Covered last page:

First DLC Pack and Patch 1.03 coming on September 15th

1st DLC Pack (1500 Yen /not including Taxes)
  • 4 new Songs:

Ageage Again
    3859f2d65b35d52b49fc0e394dc1fd9a-450x253.jpg

Shake It
    5295788068fb6b2931d2353f3d526a9c-450x253.jpg

Cendrillon
    b708f14a52b941d1db0b20f55a781d20-450x253.jpg

Adolescence
    e88800ebc84b44f1e7b3c4ad5c9a954a-450x253.jpg

• 13 new modules
  • 12 new Customize Items
  • 9 Extra Extreme Charts
There will also be a Season Pass for 3900 Yen which will include the first DLC package + the upcoming 2nd and 3rd package. People who purchase the Season Pass will receive 40 PSN avatars as a bonus.
Too bad PSN avatars are region-locked -_-

7b6091a905b3cf03e7d96298073ef097-450x273.jpg

Patch 1.03
Addition of a PV Playlist Mode - If I understood it correctly you will be able to set your own PV Playlist (Shuffle and Repeat mode is there as well) and you can even set it up that it uses a random module with random customize items
Some Bugfixes, etc. will be included as well.

http://info.miku.sega.jp/10899

Refna

You're not getting the season pass? That'll save you money in the long run if you're getting all three.

Definitely get the season pass if you are planning to get all three. Its 4212 vs 4860. With 1700, you only need a 3000 card, otherwise you will need an extra 1000 card

You're not getting the season pass? That'll save you money in the long run if you're getting all three.

Not now. I'm saving money for a new PC, so I won't spend any money until early October.

Besides, Future Tone is so fun and rewarding that I don't mind spending a little more for purchasing the three DLC alone.

system11

Sort of scratching my head at this. This is the fourth digital-only Project DIVA release on PSN (after the three Dreamy Theater releases for PS3) and removal of any of it has never been in the cards, even though Dreamy Theater 2nd provides all of the first Dreamy Theater's content free of charge. Unless this is something Sega of Europe is known to do, but that hardly applies to a Japanese release.

Just speaking about Afterburner and Outrun experience really - that said there will be a time where PSN does not exist, and then this game ceases to exist except on consoles which downloaded it.

It's a general complaint with digital - it's a curious decision to release Diva X physically and this title digital only. This is by far my favourite game of 2016 and erases the bad taste F 2nd left in my mouth, I just wish it was immortalised in disc form.

Just speaking about Afterburner and Outrun experience really - that said there will be a time where PSN does not exist, and then this game ceases to exist except on consoles which downloaded it.

It's a general complaint with digital - it's a curious decision to release Diva X physically and this title digital only. This is by far my favourite game of 2016 and erases the bad taste F 2nd left in my mouth, I just wish it was immortalised in disc form.

As was pointed out to you by someone else already, accounts that purchased those games can still redownload them. You just can't buy it if you didn't already do so.

system11

As was pointed out to you by someone else already, accounts that purchased those games can still redownload them. You just can't buy it if you didn't already do so.

You missed the part where PSN eventually is shut down. In 10 years it might be impossible to download this anymore, we don't know. If we had discs it wouldn't matter.

macklelol

Disappearance on Extra Extreme is a ton of fun. I still fail on the ending a lot, not really easy to do on a dualshock.

Got my JP PSN loaded up for the season pass, almost forgot that the DLC was coming already.

Bebpo

Banned
On the fence about the DLC. It's not ridiculously pricey, but it sure ain't cheap. $40 for 12 songs = ~$3.33 a song? I mean if they're good songs, sure. If they aren't hmmm....

Mandelbo

Ageage Again alone justify the first pack. So good!

The only bugbear I really have about the first dlc pack is that it has both Cendrillion and Adolescence in it even though they're more or less the same song. It's better than them being spread over two packs, and I suppose they can't just add one of them, but it still bugs me a bit.

Ageage Again makes it all worth it though, as you say!

On the fence about the DLC. It's not ridiculously pricey, but it sure ain't cheap. $40 for 12 songs = ~$3.33 a song? I mean if they're good songs, sure. If they aren't hmmm....

There was no way the price point of Future Sound and Colorful Tone was going to be sustainable in the long term. None. That price was a shock to everyone and I think the only reason they pulled it off was because most of it had been in Arcade for years at this point - it was legacy content that they decided they could price lower to catch up the home release.

And even then, the announced DLC is much less expensive than what is normal for a Project DIVA game. In Japan, dating back to Project DIVA 2nd on the PSP, songs have always been 500 yen and modules have always been 300 yen. This is actually the very first time a "season pass" concept has been introduced on the Japanese side; the Song Club and Costume Club for DIVA F 2nd was unique to the NA/EU versions of the game. In Japan, you bought each song and module as it came out, no bundle discounts or anything. By that pricing scheme, this first pack - 4 songs and 13 modules - would be 5900 yen.

tl;dr: Future Tone DLC continues to be a fantastic value compared to traditional series pricing.

muteki

First season pass I've ever bought. Downloading~

...wait, how do I get to the avatars again? I couldn't download them for some reason after buying the pass, and now I can't find them anywhere to retry (download list, etc.)

Bebpo

Banned
tl;dr: Future Tone DLC continues to be a fantastic value compared to traditional series pricing.

Which is great if you look at it in a vacuum, but compared to other music games it is a little pricey still.

Rock Band is like $2 a song? I see Future Sound basically being the Japanese version of Rock Band. But get it's more expensive because you get accessories/outfits too. I'm not totally against the DLC price, but not sold either. Especially since I have those songs in other Miku games already. Might pick it up.

Which is great if you look at it in a vacuum, but compared to other music games it is a little pricey still.

Rock Band is like $2 a song? I see Future Sound basically being the Japanese version of Rock Band. But get it's more expensive because you get accessories/outfits too. I'm not totally against the DLC price, but not sold either. Especially since I have those songs in other Miku games already. Might pick it up.

Comparing Rock Band DLC pricing to Project DIVA DLC pricing is sort of apples and oranges. Rock Band's install base exponentially dwarfs Project DIVA's; the larger the install base, the lower the DLC can be priced to reach a break-even point.

Japanese DLC is also just more expensive in general across the board. The pricing Project DIVA DLC has followed is not particularly shocking or unexpected. Rock Band was never released in Japan, but if it had, I would be quite certain DLC for it would have been at least 2-3 times more expensive just because of how differently DLC is priced over there. Or if you look at other Japanese-only games, you're in for sticker shock: IDOLM@STER One for All DLC runs for 1200-1800 yen per song.

We can compare Project DIVA to Project DIVA though; Project DIVA X has two DLC songs that are priced at 500 yen each. The same songs are available in the US for $2.99 each. The exact same content got priced down nearly $2 just by jumping territories.

And I have to reiterate that Future Tone is bucking the trend; instead of 500 yen per song and 300 yen per module, which they could have easily done, they bundled it all together, then further bundled the bundles with a discounted season pass. The bundled price is actually very similar to the F 2nd Club passes that we got in the US; recall that those were priced at $29.99 for 16 songs and $69.99 for 59 modules. To extrapolate, we expect Future Tone's season pass to provide approximately 12 songs and 39 modules for 4212 yen (about $41). Seems like a similar value to me...

macklelol

Ugh, I think my PS4 crashed while downloading the update and the DLC pack and I have to download them again from scratch.

Edit: Wtf my PS4 crashed again or something. At least this time I didn't lose any data.

Extra Edit: Whew, cleared Two-Faced Lovers on Extra Extreme. You gotta play through Hard for the DLC songs? Pretty lame.

I got the season pass and stupidly pressed the wrong button so I exited the download list before downloading stuff. I went back to the store page for the pass and the first pack and they say install complete. It's not in my notifications and the dlc is not there when I boot up the game. Can't find the avatars again either.

Am I overlooking something here? :/

Top Bottom