• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hawken |OT| Why would you put legs on a tank?

Unicorn

Any game that lets people buy even a slight advantage is a pay 2 win game.

Hopefully they'll stop developing these types of games.

I haven't tried Hawken, so I don't know what that is, but it sounds like it's Pay 2 win based on comments.

You can use in-game currency to purchase the countermeasures.

I have never used a counter measure and it hasn't done me any harm.

From my few weeks of Open test playing I don't really think it is Pay 2 Win. A good player will win against someone that has spent money. I have no idea if a counter measure has been used against me.

I don't use EMPs so wouldn't have had the EMP counter measure used against me. I guess the heat cooldown might have been used but I haven't ever felt like someone has benefited from its use.

The double Hawken Credits weekends leading up to the new year helped me to accrue a fair number of credits. I have a lot of credits that I am leaving for future use; I haven't spent too much as of yet.

Guys, you really need to play this game more. I'm regularly playing with my brother and occasionally with a gaf buddy that is online at the time and this game really gets great when teamwork is involved. My level 22 assault really begins to feel just right and I really have the feeling that I'm making a difference.

Balancing can suck though. And this game desperately needs a way to group up before a match.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Reaper.

525e0e594424acf5e4ad14a00976730c.jpg

9tVh1.jpg

Guys, you really need to play this game more. I'm regularly playing with my brother and occasionally with a gaf buddy that is online at the time and this game really gets great when teamwork is involved. My level 22 assault really begins to feel just right and I really have the feeling that I'm making a difference.

Balancing can suck though. And this game desperately needs a way to group up before a match.

I am taking more and more breaks from the game. I think I have over done it what with the alpha and beta tests.

When my heart isn't in something I am worse than useless at it so there isn't much point playing at the moment. Hopefully a break will rekindle my interest.

Yeah, I tend to get burned out by early demos and betas too. Luckily the alpha and beta ran like crap for me and I was unable to enjoy the game until it went public.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
The reaper looks cute yet badass. It comes on the 24th and also there's a big patch that goes with it.

http://community.playhawken.com/news/_/game-info/the-reaper-update-patch-notes

Overview

Coming January 24, The Reaper Update introduces the new Reaper mech, gameplay balance tweaks, important bug fixes, and a whole lot more!

Mechs

NEW Mech: Reaper
Check out our Reaper preview!
Mech specs and loadout reveal coming January 24!
Sharpshooter
NEW Prestige Weapon: AM-SAR (Unlockable at Level 25)
A rapid fire single shot high accuracy rifle. Successive shots decrease accuracy, but recovery is very quick.
Specs
Damage: 2/6
Rate of Fire: 5/6
Accuracy: 3/6
Effective Range: 5/6
Heat: 2/6
Weapon Upgrades
First: Reduced heat generation.
Second: Reduced weapon spread.
Third: Increased effective range.
NEW Ability: Power Shot
Greatly increases all damage dealt within two seconds of activating the ability.
This ability adds a greater damage bonus than Ballistic Barrage, the Sharpshooter's previous ability.
Small adjustments to some mech descriptions and lore.
Mech leveling upgrade descriptions have been updated to clearly reflect what is affected.

Weapons

Explosive Weapons
Knockback effect significantly reduced for all explosive weapons. This should remove the "stunlock" effect players are experiencing.
Mini-Flak Cannon
Slightly increased rate of fire.
Slightly increased damage.
Assault Rifle
Increased maximum spread.
EOC Repeater
Decreased heat generation.
Flak Cannon
Slightly decreased damage.
REV-GL
Slightly decreased damage.
SA-Hawkins
Increased damage.
Slightly increased rate of spread.

Items

NEW Offensive Item: Detonator
A slow hovering explosive charge with a massive damage radius. Press the firing mechanism a second time to detonate in mid-air. Veteran pilots are known to use the Detonator in both offensive and defensive situations.
EMP
Effect duration reduced from 7 seconds to 5.5 seconds.
Area of effect now matches the size of the visual effect.
Reduced projectile speed.
Rocket Turret
Projectiles will no longer excessively lead enemy targets. Fewer near misses, more near hits.
Radar
This item has been renamed Portable Scanner. Because it's portable. And a scanner.

Customizations

NEW Chassis: Spree (A Class)
The Spree is common among Reapers not only for its rogue-like style, but also for its surprising flexibility. Mobile, yet offering tremendous stability, it is ideal for assignments which require venturing alone outside of friendly territory. When challenged by the ever changing battlefield, Spree pilots are known to overcome, endure, and excel. Even when swathed in dirt and dust it is highly functional, so some pilots claim that cleaning their Spree would wipe away years of hard earned "natural camouflage". But we all know that's just an excuse.
"Clean? Whaddaya mean, this baby IS clean!" - Deadeye Bill Buser
NEW Repair Drone: RD-SHCK
Shocks your mech back to life with streaks of electricity.
NEW Thrusters: JT-BluS
Fires a broad neon blue blast.
NEW Camouflage: Boom-Red
A blood-red and black classic fatigue pattern.
NEW Camouflage: Mos-Blu
A light blue and dark blue digitized fatigue pattern.
NEW Camouflage: Crease-Sky
A faint blue and sky blue jungle pattern.

Gameplay

An experimental Accurate Reticule option which improves reticule accuracy is now available.
This feature makes the crosshairs more accurate but may be dizzying to some players.
It can be enabled in the Settings menu as it is off by default.
Please provide your feedback on this new feature in the forums!
Players will now receive bonus XP based on their time alive in a match. Fight smart!
The leveling curve has been evened out from level 12 to level 25.
Mechs still require the same amount of XP to reach the level cap of 25.
Please note that this change may cause your mech's Optimization Points to be reset.
Equipment slots and alternate primary weapons now unlock sooner for all mechs.
Death from falling is now considered a suicide and will count towards pilot statistics.
Crushing Kills: Daring pilots will now be able to cause significant damage by landing on enemy mechs. These death-from-above maneuvers will grant bonus XP, and will be tracked in your pilot statistics.
Crushing damage scales per mech class and velocity. With the current formula, an A Class mech does the following:
~11 damage from a small building in Prosk.
~44 damage from the highway in Prosk.
~100 damage from the highway in Origin.
~144 damage from the top of the AA in Origin.
B Class mechs do 1.5x crushing damage and C Class mechs do 2x crushing damage.
Items can no longer be deployed or consumed while your mech is repairing.

Modes

Siege Mode
Battleships now become more difficult to kill as the match progresses, which should prevent excessively long matches.

Interface

Say hello to Laila! New users will receive a warm welcome from their Garage's resident mechanic.
While her main function is tutorial instructor, she aspires to take on new jobs in the future.
Notice a bug? Report it using the new Report Bug button in the upper right dropdown menu.
The order of game modes in the Matchmaking tab is now Team DM, Missile Assault, Siege, and Deathmatch.
Players can now mute other players' voice chat by pressing ESC during a match and clicking the speech icons next to their names.
Players can now use the ESC button to close menus.
Mechs previewed in the Garage and Staging panes now have additional animations.
The Deploy button has been renamed Play.
The Paint Shop tab has been renamed Style.
The Restock button (Countermeasures) has been renamed Refill.
Player scores will now be included in the "Your Team Won/Lost!" screen.
HAWKEN Credit Boosts and Meteor Credit Boosts now display decimal points to indicate partial days.

Maps

Uptown
Improved collision on a ramp which was causing heavy mechs (C Class) to get stuck.
All maps have been adjusted for improved performance.
New and improved ground vehicles now populate the maps.

Miscellaneous

Edited and added names in the credits.
Tweaked ambient sounds.
Polished damage visuals and death ragdoll animation.
The Switch Team button will no longer appear on the Scoreboard as the cursor cannot access it while the player's mech is alive during a match.

Bugs Squashed

Fixed an Energy Unit (EU) collection bug where more than three players collecting EU would cause the player with the most EU to stop collecting.
Deployable items will no longer fail to deploy while standing directly in front of a wall.
Fixed player being placed into an incorrect game mode if the game client fails to join the selected game mode.
The field of view setting can no longer be accidentally adjusted while zoomed in with a weapon.
Weapons will no longer lock on to invulnerable enemy base turrets.
Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard would not close if the player had been killed while changing the Texture Detail setting.
Fixed mech play time not being recorded for mechs still alive at the end of the match.
Fixed an issue where the low health alarm would not always trigger.
Fixed a bug where visibility inside the Shield was being obscured.
Players can no longer accept game invites to games they are already in.
The Double Kill message will no longer overlap XP messages.
Voice Chat will no longer remain active after a match ends.
Music near the end of a match will no longer cut out when a player dies and respawns.
Players will no longer receive a "Server Unreachable" message when attempting to buy a trial mech from the Mech Shop while having a different mech selected in the Your Mechs tab.
Fixed a bug that caused placeholder text to appear on the in-game map when a player marks an enemy player.
Fixed localized mech names. The mech names are proper nouns and will not be translated.
Fixed the "Chat to All" text truncating in the Chat window.
Localized text will no longer randomly appear when a HAWKEN Credit Boost or XP Boost is purchased during a match.
Countermeasure uses will now display correctly for numbers greater than 999.
Items and internals will no longer appear to be equipped on incorrect slots.
Fixed an issue that caused the Your Mechs tab to appear in the wrong language.
Thrusters that have been previewed on a mech will no longer appear to remain equipped to that mech until the player enters Staging or selects a different mech from the Your Mechs tab.

They're fixing some things like the broken EMP though 5.5 seconds of down time is still too long. They're also messing with the FLAK for no good reason. They probably have statistics that show FLAK is super effective on the Scout so they nerf it, but this also affects the Brawler. C class can't catch a break.

That lego Fred is awesome.

Crushing Kills: Daring pilots will now be able to cause significant damage by landing on enemy mechs. These death-from-above maneuvers will grant bonus XP, and will be tracked in your pilot statistics.

Nice! It would be even better to have a pounce/stomp function. Effective when hitting a mech, risky when missing a mech.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Nice! It would be even better to have a pounce/stomp function. Effective when hitting a mech, risky when missing a mech.

Like a downward jet thruster? That does sound pretty cool.

Crushing kills remind me of MW4. I think if you could manage it, if you landed on top of an enemy mech it would do a significant amount of damage.

Okay, downloaded the patch. Performance is down the shitter again. I'm going to redownload the whole thing and start from scratch.

Edit: great, my friendslist is empty.

Games great! I'm doing really well for my first 5 games. Anyone can add me if they'd like to play. Though I mostly play mech warrior.

ID is FauxKrosser

jkanownik

What happened to this thread? I got the 5,000 points from the PAX East code, but now I'm wondering if it is even worth bothering with it. This game seems dead.

It got old for me very quickly because of a few things
-The small number of maps are very same-y, in terms of the gameplay experience
-The lack of significant non-cosmetic customization
-Close games were a rarity. A single better than average player on a team unbalanced a whole match into a slaughterfest (which is boring when you're winning too =P)

I haven't played in over two months, so maybe some of those things are better now, but those were my reasons. I'll probably give it another shot down the line, but not feeling that itch yet.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I forgot all about this game, but remember that it looked very promising for such a small dev team.

So I guess you guys aren't really playing it anymore?

Ouch, looks like interest in the game is pretty much dead on here?

I haven't played in a couple of months but a friend had a go last night and I think I might get back into the game.

The devs are pushing new mechs (around 3 since I last played) and taunts (ugh) as a means to generate money. Game modes and maps are the areas that were lacking when I was playing the game and are still an issue. I know new maps take time but it seems to be going on a bit. There is one new map but I haven't seen it and I think it is a beta map?

The server browser option is back now (at very long last) and it seems like servers are grouped into experience levels; those matches were close. I watched two and one ended on the same number of kills for each team and the other 50/48. Let's hope this is more of the norm now.

I also watched a game on an open 24 player server and that was as one-sided as ever but I have a feeling it was down to a lot of players grouping up on the one team.

My call sign is: CyanideFuse it any one wants to add me.

Ouch, looks like interest in the game is pretty much dead on here?

I haven't played in a couple of months but a friend had a go last night and I think I might get back into the game.

The devs are pushing new mechs (around 3 since I last played) and taunts (ugh) as a means to generate money. Game modes and maps are the areas that were lacking when I was playing the game and are still an issue. I know new maps take time but it seems to be going on a bit. There is one new map but I haven't seen it and I think it is a beta map?

The server browser option is back now (at very long last) and it seems like servers are grouped into experience levels; those matches were close. I watched two and one ended on the same number of kills for each team and the other 50/48. Let's hope this is more of the norm now.

I also watched a game on an open 24 player server and that was as one-sided as ever but I have a feeling it was down to a lot of players grouping up on the one team.

My call sign is: CyanideFuse it any one wants to add me.

Did you get banned or something? Because I already have you in my buddylist and I take it it's because of gaf.

No I wasn't banned, I just haven't played Hawken for a couple of months and thought I'd revisit this thread to see if others were playing.

Are you playing it still?

Deadbeat

Banned
I havent been playing this game enough to feel like using it, so I have a $25 in game currency code to sell that came with a geforce videocard. Hit me up if you are interested.

PaulloDEC

A mate of mine asked me for suggestions re: the Mech genre on PC yesterday evening, so I suggested he grab Hawken. It then occurred to me that maybe I should grab it too.

Was pleasantly surprised. Game is a ton of fun to play, and looks fantastic to boot. There seemed to be plenty of people playing, as I had no trouble finding matches in my region (Oceania) within seconds. Balancing seemed surprisingly good too, with most of the rounds ending with only a few point separating the teams.

I could see myself dropping a few bucks on this one.

Unicorn

Major update that also adds 2 new maps and a new class that is a support (new style of play!?)

Currently downloading on my shitty internets. I look forward to seeing all the new stuff tomorrow.

Thanks to Pacific Rim I ended up downloading this. It's actually pretty good. I'm impressed with the netcode so far. Pondering if I should spend money because I want to try a mech with missiles that lock-on.

Downloaded this yesterday and immediately was placing first on my team. Not sure what to think about that, haha. Game is fun though.

Heh, I did too, just an hour or two ago... it may have been because we were playing on a "beginner" server.

Still, can't wait to delve a bit deeper into the various systems.

Got to play this at PAX Prime last year on the nice PCs they had promoting it - looked and felt amazing. Finally have a computer that seems capable of playing it myself, guess I'll give it a try. On a whim looked for an OT since I'm already in the LoL one and why not.

I'm PROGRAM_IX in game, although I'm totally level-less and haven't played much at all.

Thanks to Pacific Rim I ended up downloading this. It's actually pretty good. I'm impressed with the netcode so far. Pondering if I should spend money because I want to try a mech with missiles that lock-on.

Me too! It's really excellent. I don't think even LoL has it beaten for playability on my parents' terrible internet, although post-match Syncing Account/Syncing Stats dialogs have the potential to just sit there for ages and neither fail nor complete.

Sorry for double-posting, but I played a good bit over the weekend and I'm really enjoying myself so far. Reminds me a lot of Phantom Crash, one of my favourite games. Plumped for the Bruiser as my buy with the initial glut of Hawken Credits, happy enough with it when I'm not forgetting to lock on or firing guns wayyy outside their effective range. After the weekend, I have enough for another mech, but it seems the new patch will mean you don't have to buy them any more - you can earn new mechs by playing the ones you have (see below).

a92c6e7aeb55b398ad59fe50e959705b.jpg

Incidentally, the new patch looks sweeeeeeet. Patch notes should be out today (presumably US time).

I'll check it out again sometimes soon. I hope it performs a bit better compared to the last time I have played it.

Supposedly the new patch has optimised maps. I found that turning off the distortion/bloom/film grain, etc., on the graphics, made it look a lot cleaner and I think gave me a bit of a boost FPS-wise.

New patch notes!

(Posted below for those of you at work, apologies for the spam.)

Coming September 5, HAWKEN: Ascension will mark the beginning of a new age in HAWKEN. Containing massive updates, changes, and improvements, HAWKEN: Ascension is a major step forward for us. We've spent countless hours working on these new features, and we're confident that you will enjoy what's in store. We'd like to take a moment to thank all of our pilots for providing feedback, actively communicating with your fellow pilots on the forums, and being patient with us as we completed this monumental piece of work.

From all of us here at Team HAWKEN, thank you, and we'll see you on the battlefield!

Special Notices
Due to the significant changes made to many existing systems, accounts have been migrated from the previous version of the game. We recommend you complete a match before examining the migration results. Please refer to our Account Migration FAQ for more information.
The UI is still undergoing polish on functionality and art, so please be patient while we continue this process. Also, please be aware that there is no confirmation message when purchasing HC or XP Boosts, so clicking on the button will purchase immediately.
We are still working on streamlining notifications to help provide you with more meaningful information.
If players use the XP transfer feature to reach Mech Rank 5, they must first play a match in order to unlock the global item awarded at Rank 5.
Bi-monthly Test Drive Mechs will no longer be available due to changes in the way mechs are now unlocked.
Features

The way you can customize mechs has changed dramatically. Please be sure to read the patch note sections regarding Tuning Modifications, Items, and Internals for more information on how they interact with each mech. We believe HAWKEN is the most fun when pilots have a wide variety of mechs to choose from, so we have redesigned a number of features to get mechs into your hands faster!
NEW Pilot and Mech Progression
Pilot Level
Pilot Level is determined by the sum of XP across all mechs a player owns. The max Pilot Level a player can achieve is Pilot Level 30. A player with a new account will now start at Pilot Level 1, and as they gain XP their Pilot Level will increase automatically. As their Pilot level increases, they will unlock additional customization options including:
New Mechs
Unique Cosmetic Upgrades
Additional Internal Options
Additional Item Options
Additional Tuning Points
Mech Rank
Mech Levels have been replaced with the new Mech Rank system. All new mechs now start at Mech Rank 1, with a total of 5 Mech Ranks. When a mech reaches a certain threshold of XP, players have the option of upgrading that mech to the next Mech Rank. If you wish to advance your mech to the next Mech Rank, it requires either HC or MC to do so. The mech still gains XP even if it is not upgraded and can still use all the benefits gained through Pilot Level. Upgrading a mech is completely optional, but doing so will unlock access to a number of new options including:
New Mechs
Alternate Weapons
Ability Upgrades
Universal Items - These are items that are unlocked for use on ALL mechs you own.
Additional Tuning Options
NEW Progression Mech Unlocks
Players can now unlock new mechs by increasing their Pilot Level.
Players can now unlock new mechs by reaching max Mech Rank.
Developers Note: This new progression system allows pilots to have more freedom in deciding how to obtain new mechs. Beforehand, pilots had no other options other than to spend their hard earned HC or MC on a new mech up front. Now, new mechs can be unlocked simply by increasing your Pilot Level and upgrading other mechs to their max Mech Rank. Anything you earn with a mech is yours and completely customizable from the instant you pilot the mech. We hope you enjoy this new system as much as we enjoyed designing it.
NEW Tuning Modifications
Tuning Points
Pilots no longer earn Optimization points through leveling a mech. Instead, they now earn Tuning Points by increasing their Pilot Level.
Starting at Pilot Level 5, pilots will begin earning Tuning points. A total of 30 Tuning Points can be earned.
Pilots will use these points to customize the Tuning Systems of their mech. Each mech has 7 Tuning Systems points can be placed into.
Tuning Systems
Tuning Systems affect specific statistics of the mech, and pilots can customize them using Tuning Points however they see fit. Tuning Systems are divided into two groups, Common Systems and Secondary Systems.
Common Systems are shared between all mechs.
Weapons Loader
Increases Weapon Rate of Fire by 1% per point.
Note: The Technician does not have this. Instead the Technician can modify the Reconstruction and Deconstruction rate of the Helix Repair Torch
Heatsinks
Decreases Weapon Heat Generation by 1% per point.
Armor
Increases Mech Armor by +15 per point.
Secondary Systems are different from mech to mech. Each mech has 4 Secondary Systems.
Boost Thrusters
Increases Mech Boost Speed by +0.9 m/s per point.
Available on: Brawler, Vanguard (including Initiate Vanguard), Raider, Infiltrator, Scout
Generator
Increases Mech Fuel Regeneration by +0.6 liters/sec per point.
Available on: Rocketeer, Vanguard (including Initiate Vanguard), Bruiser, Raider, Berserker, Infiltrator, Scout
Hydraulics
Increases Mech Run Speed by +0.6 m/s per point.
Increases Mech Walk Speed by +0.4 m/s per point.
Increases Mech Acceleration by +0.5 m/s per point.
Available on: Grenadier, Brawler, Assault, Sharpshooter, Raider, Technician, Reaper, Scout
Fuel Tank
Increases Mech Fuel Capacity by +4.5 liters per point.
Available on: Rocketeer, Vanguard (including Initiate Vanguard), Assault, Bruiser, Sharpshooter, Raider, Berserker, Reaper, Infiltrator
Air Dynamics
Increases Flight Speed by +1.4 m/s per point.
Increases Air Height Cap by +0.6 m per point.
Increases Air Acceleration by +0.15 m/s per point.
Available on: Rocketeer, Vanguard, Vanguard Cupcake, Assault, Bruiser, Berserker
Radar
Increases Radar Range by +12.6 meters per point.
Available on: Rocketeer, Grenadier, Sharpshooter, Technician, Reaper, Scout
Cooling Units
Decreases Overheat Recovery time by -0.78 seconds per point.
Available on: Grenadier, Brawler, Bruiser, Sharpshooter, Technician, Reaper
Suspensions
Decreases Dodge Cooldown time by -0.06 seconds per point.
Available on: Grenadier, Brawler, Assault, Technician, Berserker, Infiltrator
NEW Party System
Pilots can now create parties with their friends and join matches as a group! Parties can be created 2 ways.
Creating a Party
Right-click on a name in your Friends List and select "Invite to Party" to add friends to your party individually.
Alternatively, invite a group of friends by clicking the "Create Party" button at the bottom of the screen, selecting the friends you wish to invite, and then clicking "Invite Friends to Party".
Party Leadership
The person who creates the party will be designated the party leader.
The party leader alone has the ability to add and remove players from the party.
If the current party leader leaves the party, the next person in line will become the new party leader.
Joining and Leaving a Queue
Parties can only join matches using the "Quick Match" feature. The Server Browser is disabled for parties.
Once the party is ready, the party leader can enter the party in the matchmaking queue. Click "Play", choose the "Quick Match" option, and then select the desired game mode.
If a pilot joins or leaves a party after the party has queued for matchmaking, the queue is cancelled and the party leader must re-enter the queue.
Joining and Leaving a Match
Once a match is found, the entire party will join the server on the same team. A party will never be split up between two teams.
When a match ends and the server begins a new match, the party will remain on the same team.
Anyone that leaves a match leaves the party, even the party leader. In order for that player re-join the party, they will need to either re-create the party or get invited back.
If the entire party leaves a match, they must recreate the party.
NEW Game Mode: Offline Team Deathmatch
Practice your piloting skills against AI controlled mechs in this new game mode. There is no HC or XP awarded, but it's a great place to train before heading out onto the battlefield!
NEW XP Transfer System
The XP Transfer System will enable pilots to utilize "Overflow XP" to fuel progression on their other mechs.
Overflow XP is all the XP earned with a mech that has already reached max mech rank.
In order to transfer XP, Overflow XP must first be converted to Universal XP. This conversion requires Meteor Credits.
Once pilots have converted their Overflow XP into Universal XP, they can then apply the XP to any mech they choose.
Pilots dictate when and how much Universal XP will be transferred.
NEW Service Awards
Maps
NEW Map: Last Eco
A medium size map that supports all game modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Missile Assault, and Siege.
Preview the new Last Eco map!
Mechs

Many of the changes that we've made in this patch help put a greater emphasis on each mech subclass, giving each a stronger identity. We've also improved how a player can define the way they want to play. Here are some of the major ways we've accomplished that goal.
Every mech now starts with unique stats known as Tuning Systems. These stats can be modified using Tuning points, which are gained by increasing your Pilot Level.
Each mech has access to tuning systems shared between mechs (Common Systems) and ones unique to its class (Secondary Systems). This replaces the old Optimization system.
Every mech now has 6 Item Slots
Every mech now has 6 Internal Slots
As a result of these new systems, it was necessary to rebalance just about everything regarding the existing mech classes. We will provide more information on these changes going forward, but for now please enjoy HAWKEN with a fresh perspective. Some of the mechs you might be familiar with playing may now play slightly differently and will take some getting used to. Here is a summary of what you can expect from each mech class moving forward. Take special note of the Secondary Tuning Systems each mech has. These systems will be vital in determining what role the mech has been designed for, and how you can customize it to fit your unique piloting style!
Berserker
A Light Assassination Mech that excels in air combat. It uses quickness and air mobility to rain down fire from above.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Fuel Generator, Air Dynamics, Suspensions
Infiltrator
A Light Assassination Mech built for surprise attacks. It can sneak into enemy lines, destroy its target and escape quickly.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Boost Thrusters, Fuel Generator, Suspensions
Scout
A Light Defensive Mech built for speed. Its bursts of speed allow it to cover ground quickly, but a small fuel tank means it cannon maintain those speeds for long.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Boost Thrusters, Fuel Generator, Hydraulics, Radar
Reaper
A Light Ranged Mech used to harass enemies from afar. Its maneuverability helps keep enemies at a distance, but has limited options in close quarter engagements.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Hydraulics, Radar, Cooling Units
Technician
A Light Support Mech used to repair allies. Its quick movement lets it keep pace with allies, but becomes vulnerable to ambushes once that speed is exhausted.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Hydraulics, Radar, Cooling Units, Suspensions
Assault
Medium Offensive Mech used for front line combat. This mech has a well rounded mixture of speed, armor and firepower, but no specialized strengths.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Hydraulics, Air Dynamics, Suspensions
Bruiser
A Medium Defensive Mech used for suppression. Its high firepower is useful in suppressing enemies from a distance and keeping them at bay.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Fuel Generator, Air Dynamics, Cooling Units
Raider
A Medium Assassination Mech with great mobility and high burst damage. This mech can use its high speed to rush into combat or chase down any fleeing mechs.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Boost Thrusters, Fuel Generator, Hydraulics
CR-T Recruit
A Medium Offensive Mech given to rookies. Though grouped in the Offensive category, the CR-T is very well rounded and a great mech for beginner pilots.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Boost Thrusters, Fuel Generator, Radar, Cooling Units
Sharpshooter
A Medium Ranged Mech used to provide long range fire support. This mech is deadly from the distance but is prone to being flanked due to its lower mobility.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tank, Hydraulics, Radar, Cooling Units
Brawler
A Heavy Defensive Mech built to withstand damage. Its large amount of armor is useful in defending strategic positions, but it has very low mobility.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Boost Thrusters, Hydraulics, Cooling Units, Suspensions
Grenadier
A Heavy Defensive Mech that specializes in suppressing the enemy. It has low mobility but powerful weapons used for area denial.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Hydraulics, Radar, Cooling Units, Suspensions
Rocketeer
A Heavy Defensive mech that specializes in long range suppression. Its air mobility and targeting systems allow it to rain rockets and missiles down from above.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tanks, Fuel Generator, Air Dynamics, Radar
Vanguard/Vanguard Cupcake
A Heavy Offensive Mech with surprisingly high mobility. This allows it to apply a great deal of pressure in engagements.
Secondary Tuning Systems Available: Fuel Tanks, Boost Thrusters, Fuel Generator, Air Dynamics
NEW Mech: Vanguard
Now offering the Vanguard for sale in the Mech Shop! Not to be confused with the Vanguard Cupcake, the Vanguard shares the same stats but does not come with any of the Vanguard Cupcake bonuses. The Cupcake mech body parts, Vanguard Initiative skins, PY-R0 H0G drone and PY-R0 BURN thrusters are still exclusive to early supporters and will not be sold in the store. The Vanguard will also be unlocked automatically with a Max Rank CR-T.
NEW Chassis: Bunker (Type-C)
Summary: Close-Range High Defense
Ability: Vanguard Turret
Greatly reduces damage taken and increases damage dealt at the expense of mobility.
Primary Weapon: Sub Machine Cannon
A rapid fire automatic weapon, its low damage output is offset by its low heat generation
Alternative Primary Weapon: Mini Flak Cannon
The Mini Flak Cannon is similar to the Flak Cannon, but with lower damage output and a higher rate of fire.
Prestige Weapon: Point-D Vulcan
A high-speed weapon with a slight spin-up time, but an incredibly high rate of fire.
Secondary Weapon: Grenade Launcher
A slow but powerful weapon that fires grenades which detonate either on impact with a target, after a short duration, or manually by pressing the middle mouse button.
Starting Item: Detonator
A low-velocity projectile that fires in a straight line. It deals damage on impact, as well as splash damage to nearby targets.
Turret Mode Changes
We have made a number of changes to Turret Mode as we continue to improve its overall effectiveness.
General Turret Mode
Mechs can now utilize their forward boost in Turret Mode
Mechs can fire their weapons while boosting in Turret Mode
Rocketeer - Targeting Turret
Hellfire Missiles auto lock-on to enemies
Base movement speed increased from 200 to 275
Damage taken from the front reduced by 40%
Damage taken from the back increased by 50%
Grenadier – Artillery Turret
Base movement increased from 200 to 225
Damage taken from the front reduced by 15%
Damage taken from the back increased by 30%
Damage increased by 13%
Weapon explosive radius increased by 20%
Brawler – Fortified Turret
Base movement increased from 200 to 300
Damage taken from the front reduced by 10%
Restores 18 Armor/Second
Vanguard – Vanguard Turret
Base movement increased from 200 to 475
Damage taken from the front reduced by 55%
Customizations
NEW Chassis Art
Light Mech Chassis Art
Piston Nemesis
Spree Star
Medium Mech Chassis Art
Brommens Shark
Muller Nemesis
Heavy Mech Chassis Art
Brass Keylime
Domoff Nemesis
NEW Light Mech Shoulder Panels
Shoulder Panels have replaced the strut arms that were previously available for Light Mechs. We added Shoulder Panels so players could have more options when outfitting their favorite Light Mechs. Each set of Shoulder Panels has been designed to match the styles of the following chassis.
Zos
Spree
Boot
Moke
Piston
NEW Mech and Pilot Progression Customizations
These unique customizations are only available by increasing your Pilot Level and ranking up your mechs. Better get to work pilots!
Pilot Progression Thrusters
JT-T1 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 5
JT-T2 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 15
JT-T3 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 25
Pilot Progression Repair Drones
RD-T1 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 10
RD-T2 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 20
RD-T3 - Unlocked at Pilot Level 30
Pilot Progression Camouflages
T1 OR-FADE - Unlocked at Pilot Level 10
T2 SPOT-LIGHT - Unlocked at Pilot Level 20
T3 TECH-GRY - Unlocked at Pilot Level 30
Mech Progression Camouflages
M1 DESERT FLAK - Unlocked at Mech Rank 5
Mech Progression Skins
NEW Chassis: Bunker (Type-C)
NEW Repair Drone: RD-Z4P
NEW Thruster: THXDR
NEW Camouflages: Navy-Blk, Shatter-Gry, Blu-Ripple, Tide-Blu
NEW Holo-Emotes: LowRidin', OkieDokie, Grumpy Bearcito, Affirmative
Items

[continued below]

[continued from above]

Significant changes have been made to items in order to make them more interesting and to allow for increased flexibility. Each mech now has 6 Item Slots that items can be equipped into. The number of slots an item requires is determined by the strength of the item.

Each item is now available in 3 different versions, with each version carrying a different level of effectiveness.
Basic (MK-I) items require 2 item slots.
Moderate (MK-II) items require 3 item slots.
Advanced (MK-III) items require 4 item slots.
You unlock new items and more advanced versions as your Pilot Level increases.

Each mech can equip any combination of items as long as that item is not the same type. For example, a player can equip a Basic MG Turret and a Basic Rocket Turret, but cannot equip both a Basic Rocket Turret and an Advanced Rocket Turret.

Items Available
NEW Passive Item: Item Regenerator
The Item Regenerator is a passive item that decreases the cooldown of equipped items by 10%.
Since this item is passive it will not show up on your cockpit HUD.
The Item Regenerator uses one slot only, and there are no other versions of the item.
Blockade – Higher Rank Blockades have increased health, life span and width.
Basic
Health: 350
Duration: 9 Seconds
Moderate
Health: 550
Duration: 12 Seconds
About 2x as wide as a Basic Blockade.
Advanced
Health: 750
Duration: 15 Seconds
About 4x as wide as a Basic Blockade.
Detonator – Higher Rank Detonators have increased damage.
Basic
Damage: 70
Moderate
Damage: 105
Advanced
Damage: 140
EMP – Higher Rank EMPs have increased projectile speed and shut-down duration.
Basic
Projectile Speed: 60 Meters Per Second
Shut-Down Duration: 3.5 Seconds
Moderate
Projectile Speed: 70 Meters Per Second
Shut-Down Duration: 4.25 Seconds
Advanced
Projectile Speed: 80 Meters Per Second
Shut-Down Duration: 5 Seconds
H.E. Grenade – Higher Rank Grenades have increased damage.
Basic
Damage: 85
Moderate
Damage: 130
Advanced
Damage: 175
Hologram – Higher ranked Holograms have a shorter cooldown and allow for more active holograms.
Basic
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Allows for one active Hologram at a time.
Moderate
Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Allows for two active Holograms at a time.
Advanced
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Allows for three active Holograms at a time.
MG Turret – Higher rank MG Turrets have increased damage and detection range. MG Turrets scale in size to match their slot strengths.
Basic
Damage: 3 damage per bullet.
Detection Distance: 160 Meters
Moderate
Damage: 4.5 damage per bullet
Detection Distance: 230 Meters
Advanced
Damage: 6 damage per bullet
Detection Distance: 300 Meters
Rocket Turret – Higher rank Rocket Turrets have increased damage. Rocket Turrets scale in size to match their slot strengths.
Basic
Damage: 18 damage per rocket
Moderate
Damage: 27 damage per rocket
Advanced
Damage: 36 damage per rocket
Portable Radar – Higher rank Portable Radars have increased detection radius and life span.
Basic
Detection Radius: 92 Meter Radius
Life Span: 90 Seconds
Moderate
Detection Radius: 115 Meter Radius
Life Span: 110 Seconds
Advanced
Detection Radius: 126 Meter Radius
Life Span: 130 Seconds
Radar Scrambler – Higher rank Radar Scramblers have increased areas of effect and life span.
Basic
Area of Effect: 84 Meter Radius
Life Span: 90 Seconds
Moderate
Area of Effect: 105 Meter Radius
Life Span: 110 Seconds
Advanced
Area of Effect: 126 Meter Radius
Life Span: 130 Seconds
Repair Charge – Higher rank Repair Charges have increased armor regeneration.
Basic
Armor Amount Repaired: 115
Moderate
Armor Amount Repaired: 170
Advanced
Armor Amount Repaired: 225
Shield – Higher rank Shields have increased damage absorption, as well as duration.
Basic
Damage Absorbed: 300
Duration: 30 Seconds
Moderate
Duration: 40 Seconds
Advanced
Duration: 50 Seconds
Internals

Internals have been completely redesigned. Mechs now have access to 6 Internal Slots, with each Internal requiring a different number of slots depending on the utility of that internal. Due to these changes, the previous internals are no longer available.

Each internal is now available in 3 different versions, with each version carrying a different level of effectiveness.
Basic (MK-I) internals require 1 internal slot.
Moderate (MK-II) internals require 2 internal slots.
Advanced (MK-III) internals require 3 internal slots.
You unlock new internals and more advanced versions as your Pilot Level increases.

Each mech can equip any combination of internals as long as they are not of the same type. For example, a player can equip a Repair Kit and a Shock Coil, but cannot equip both a Repair Kit and an Advanced Repair Kit.

Internals Available
Shock Coil
Basic(MK-I)
Mech does not take any fall damage.
Air Compressor
Advanced(MK-III)
Enables the use of dodge maneuver in the air.
Air 180
Basic(MK-I)
Enable the use of 180 spin maneuver in the air.
Replenisher
Advanced(MK-III)
Getting a kill reduces all item and ability cooldowns by 6 seconds.
Getting an assist reduces all item and ability cooldowns by 3 seconds.
Evasive Device
Moderate(MK-II)
Internal grants 15% movement speed when player drops below 50% armor.
Internal grants 25% movement speed when player drops below 25% armor.
Transmitter
Moderate(MK-II)
Marks player that last killed user on user's HUD.
Getting 1 kill or 2 assists will deactivate the effect.
Composite Armor
Basic(MK-I)
On death, user receives a 15% damage reduction.
Getting 1 kill or 2 assists will deactivate the effect.
Basic Failsafe
Basic(MK-I)
Grants a 30% reduction to self-inflicted damage.
Does not apply to fall damage.
Failsafe
Moderate(MK-II)
Grants a 60% reduction to self-inflicted damage.
Does not apply to fall damage.
Basic Deflectors
Basic(MK-I)
Grants a 10% damage reduction while boosting or dodging.
Deflectors
Moderate(MK-II)
Grants a 20% damage reduction while boosting or dodging.
Basic Extractor
Basic(MK-I)
Increases EU/Repair Orb collection rate by 25%.
Extractor
Moderate(MK-II)
Increases EU/Repair Orb collection rate by 50%.
Basic Reconstructor
Basic(MK-I)
Mech regenerates 7 armor per second out of combat.
Advanced Reconstructor
Advanced(MK-III)
Mech regenerates 25 armor per second out of combat.
Basic Power Surger
Basic(MK-I)
Grants a 12.5% increase in movement speed after a kill.
Effect lasts for 10 seconds
Power Surger
Moderate(MK-II)
Grants a 25% increase in movement speed after a kill.
Effect lasts for 10 seconds
Basic Fuel Converter
Basic(MK-I)
Converts 1% of damage taken into fuel.
Fuel Converter
Moderate(MK-II)
Converts 2% of damage taken into fuel.
Armor Fusor
Moderate(MK-II)
Mech regenerates 15% of max armor after a kill.
Mech regenerates 7.5% of max armor after an assist.
Advanced Armor Fuser
Advanced(MK-III)
Mech regenerates 25% of max armor after a kill.
Mech regenerates 15% of max armor after an assist.
Repair Kit
Moderate(MK-II)
Grants 10% bonus armor from Repair Orbs.
Includes Repair Charges and orbs dropped by fallen mechs.
Advanced Repair Kit
Advanced(MK-III)
Gain 40% bonus armor from Repair Orbs.
Includes Repair Charges and orbs dropped by fallen mechs.
Game Modes
General
Added functionality that requires both teams to have more than 30% of their members to ready up before a match will start. This should prevent one team from getting an early start against another team.
Added blue containment fields to the beginning of all Team-based modes. This enclosed area is where a team spawns at the beginning of a match. When both teams have enough players, a countdown timer starts. Any players who spawn before this countdown timer ends will spawn within their team’s containment field. When the timer reaches 0 the fields disappear and the match begins.
Removed Siege and Missile Assault tutorial panels. There is still a short description of how each game mode is played on the Quick Match panel.
Siege and Missile Assault reward less XP for kills and more XP for completing objectives.
Spawning Logic tweaked across all maps and game modes.
Team Deathmatch
Kill cap decreased from 50 to 40.
Match time decreased from 15m to 12m
Missile Assault
Base Armor decreased from 1750 to 1500.
Siege
Battleship armor increased from 10000 to 12000
Battleship armor increase per subsequent ship launch increased from 2500 to 3000
Battleship damage to base increased from 21 to 23
Battleship damage to ship increased from 40 to 50
Base damage to ship increased from 55 to 70
General Improvements
Matchmaking
Matchmaking has been redesigned to accommodate parties. This will be an ongoing improvement, so feedback is appreciated.
Players are matched onto a server based on primarily (but not exclusively) Pilot Level.
New Player Experience
Several new features have been added to help welcome new pilots to the battlefield of HAWKEN!
Educational Cards – Introducing Laila! Your guide, your mentor, your friend. This replaces the Garage walkthrough.
VR Training – Redesigned Basic Training tutorial. Meet up with Laila to learn the basics of piloting a mech.
Laila Help Icon – Trouble remembering what each Garage Panel is for? Select a panel and click the Laila Icon in the top right corner of your screen for an explanation.
Tooltips – Added tooltip descriptions.
Progression Cards – As you progress through Hawken, these cards pop up to let you know what goodies you’ve unlocked.
Performance
We've made some major improvements to optimization in our efforts to make HAWKEN a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Frame rates, latency, and overall game stability have all been improved. If you were having trouble playing HAWKEN before, we encourage you to try again! You should have a much smoother experience now.
Redesigned User Interfaces
Main Menus
Garage
Market
Training
Career
Settings
Social Menus
Create Party
Friends
Message Center
In-Game HUD
Pilot Visor HUD
Mech Cockpits
Heavy Turret Mode HUD
Zoom Mode HUD
Killer Cam
Map overlay removed while being reworked. Pressing ‘M’ or ‘V’ no longer displays the map
Post Match Panels
Victory/Defeat Screen
Carousel
Earnings
Progression
Stats
Scoreboard
Increased the time between matches to accommodate new UI and add a little downtime.
Ongoing Improvements
Map Collision
Map Environments
All VFX
Animations
Textures
Post-process
UI
Parties and Matchmaking logic
UI and Networking Notifications

---

Thanks again for all of your support. Prepare to experience HAWKEN: Ascension, arriving on September 5!

Izayoi

Banned
Finally they add parties. About damn time!

I will definitely get back into this and check out the new changes. Absolutely massive patch notes, I love it.

lightus

I'm anxious to toy around with this new optimization system. You only get 7 points to use on your mech now (edit: this is wrong, you get a lot more depending on PL), gotta spend them wisely.

I heard the UI is less functional, hope that isn't true. I love the current cockpits.

Anyone else notice this:

Hydraulics

Available on: Grenadier, Brawler, Assault, Sharpshooter, Raider, Technician, Reaper, Scout

They are distinguishing between run and walk speed. Currently you just accelerate up to your top walking speed. Are they adding a run button or am I being dense?

I'm anxious to toy around with this new optimization system. You only get 7 points to use on your mech now, gotta spend them wisely.

I heard the UI is less functional, hope that isn't true. I love the current cockpits.

Anyone else notice this:

Hydraulics

They are distinguishing between run and walk speed. Currently you just accelerate up to your top walking speed. Are they adding a run button or am I being dense?

If you watch the video that came out on the 30th, you can see what appear to be a HUD over the HUD, if you will. It has health bars and so on, but clearly is not intended to be part of the 'mech' HUD.

As for the other, I presumed that run speed was boosting forward speed?

lightus

So, patch has been pushed back to the 10th for some reason or another.

Tomorrow (9/6) they should be sending everyone on their email lists a link to download the build. You can test the build over the weekend but any progress made won't be saved. You WILL get a 7 day xp boost code for participating however.

Playhawken.com/topic/...

So, patch has been pushed back to the 10th for some reason or another.

Tomorrow (9/6) they should be sending everyone on their email lists a link to download the build. You can test the build over the weekend but any progress made won't be saved. You WILL get a 7 day xp boost code for participating however.

Playhawken.com/topic/...

thanks lightus

:(

Damn, I'm going to be at home for the weekend, probably unable to test the new patch.

The new cockpit is less.... immersive.

The biggest and best improvement was to the training section.

I appreciate the addition of depth to the upgrades and leveling system, but the UI is still a complete and total mess. Click on anything and you're inundated with flowcharts that go up and down and have all sorts of branches and symbols. Menus are cluttered and annoying, and there are all sorts of buttons and symbols to click on that seemingly do nothing (like the chevrons on the mech avatars in the garage).

Still plays fairly well, though. The graphical tweaks are obvious, as you can very clearly see when a rocket is headed your way now.

lightus

The new cockpit is less.... immersive.

The biggest and best improvement was to the training section.

I appreciate the addition of depth to the upgrades and leveling system, but the UI is still a complete and total mess. Click on anything and you're inundated with flowcharts that go up and down and have all sorts of branches and symbols. Menus are cluttered and annoying, and there are all sorts of buttons and symbols to click on that seemingly do nothing (like the chevrons on the mech avatars in the garage).

Still plays fairly well, though. The graphical tweaks are obvious, as you can very clearly see when a rocket is headed your way now.

I agree for the most part. The new menu system certainly needs some tweaking. The GUI itself looks more sophisticated but having to go through menu after menu is clunky. The designers seem to be getting their aesthetics mixed up as well. Pre-Ascension was very dirty and worn out. Ascension is the opposite. Everything is clean and high tech. Cockpits are a lot cleaner, have more screens and even have their own virtual HUD. I don't like this.

Having a couple of status bars just floating in front of you is lazy. It doesn't have the same effect as looking at the actual cockpit gauges. I really hope they fix this.

The customization system is great so far. It allows a lot more freedom (concerning internals/item) and the upgrades themselves are more substantial. The tuning system is a lot more straight forward as there is no more tier system. You simply put points where you want them. In doing this they removed certain upgrades for each mech. (I can no longer increase my Raider's dodge speed)

What I'm more curious about is the game costs. Before it was really grindy. Is it now? Let's see:

Pre-Ascension:

New Mech:
  • 6410 HC
  • 720 MC
Items:
Range:
  • 1922-3845 HC
  • 216-432 MC
Average:
  • 3233.36 HC
  • 363.27 MC
Internals:
  • 2563 HC
  • 288 MC
Secondary Weapons:
  • 3524 HC
  • 396 MC

Ascension:
New Mech (buying outright):
TIER 1:
  • 2563 HC
  • 288 MC
TIER 2:
  • 6410 HC
  • 720 MC
TIER 3:
  • 12816 HC
  • 1440 MC
New Mech (through leveling):
  • 10218 HC
  • 1149 MC
Items:
Range:
  • 425-1700 HC
  • 48-191 MC
Average:
  • 1262.12 HC
  • 141.879 MC
Internals
Range:
  • 640-1920 HC
  • 72-216 MC
Average:
  • 1163.64 HC
  • 130.91 MC
Secondary Weapons:
  • 2563 HC
  • 288 MC

So which costs more? lolol idk.

Depends on how you play. You can unlock a total of 6 mechs free through the first 7 pilot levels in Ascension where as you could only get 1 before. Loading full up with internals used to cost 7689 HC and now it costs 3200-3840 depending on what you buy. Same sorta deal works for items. Thing is, before, after buying all your items you were done spending money. With Ascension, after buying items/internals you still have a whole 10K worth of HC to spend on leveling up. So, in the long run, if you plan on fully upgrading or unlocking a ton of mechs Ascension will be more expensive. If you just wanna mess around with a couple mechs it will be cheaper.

It runs alot better for me. However, I do have a serious case of microstutter. Could it be lag?

The upgrade menu is a bit intimidating. I quickly picked up what I was doing because of my experience with the game but I can guess that newcomers will be lost for a while.

They really didn't design the game around the rigors of online matchmaking. A team down by a single member is essentially paralyzed into submission - particularly in Missile Assault and Siege matches - and that scenario occurs in a majority of games. Even something as simple as requiring the odd man out to spectate until the teams are even would make the game play much more smoothly.

I suppose they erred on the side of immediacy and wanting players to join and start shooting things right away, but they already frustrated that goal with the relatively limited number of servers and the bizarre decision to limit availability by pilot level. Whatever.

A game like Team Fortress 2 (an obvious wellspring of ideas for Hawken) manages to autobalance teams quite nicely, and even moves players to the other team if absolutely necessary. A team winning with one or two players down may not happen often, but it's certainly not unusual. I haven't seen a gimped team pull off a victory in any mode in Hawken, ever.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
They really didn't design the game around the rigors of online matchmaking. A team down by a single member is essentially paralyzed into submission - particularly in Missile Assault and Siege matches - and that scenario occurs in a majority of games. Even something as simple as requiring the odd man out to spectate until the teams are even would make the game play much more smoothly.

I suppose they erred on the side of immediacy and wanting players to join and start shooting things right away, but they already frustrated that goal with the relatively limited number of servers and the bizarre decision to limit availability by pilot level. Whatever.

A game like Team Fortress 2 (an obvious wellspring of ideas for Hawken) manages to autobalance teams quite nicely, and even moves players to the other team if absolutely necessary. A team winning with one or two players down may not happen often, but it's certainly not unusual. I haven't seen a gimped team pull off a victory in any mode in Hawken, ever.
Love this game and the new update but everything you just said is 100% true. It almost seems like the game should require a MOBA-like sense of team balance for games to run smoothly in the objective modes. I've had too many siege games turn into unwinnable shitshows at minute 1 due to team imbalance.

Love the new mech unlock system but it has unfortunately lead to the games just being flooded with Berserkers since they unlock so early. They seem to be a little overpowered in numbers with the amount of damage they can pump out.

Eesh, played again last night to unwind after some bad LoL games, but I was just not on it. Need to sit down and spam some games again.

Slermy

Recently jumped back into this. I'm loving the changes Ascension has brought. I really appreciate that they threw a few cosmetic unlocks as rewards for ranking up.

Top Bottom