• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
8QO6YZI.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
The show with the best insults:
"Jonah, you're not even a man, you're like an early draft of a man where they just sketched out a giant, mangled skeleton but they didn't have time to add details like pigment or self-respect. You're Frankenstein's monster if his monster was made entirely of dead dicks."

"You like traveling and having sex right? Then you can go fuck yourself"

"Go, period. Fuck, period. Yourself...exclamation point!"

"How slow do you run, Will? Tell her."
"Slower than a Mississippi detective investigating the murder of a young black man."

Can't wait for it to be back.

lord this one gets me too well. tears almost every time.

- Onion A|V Club review
But those creative insults aren’t just about cruelty. They’re about language. No comedy on television revels in the English language like Veep. The setting is a playground for absurd political branding and campaign nonsense. It’s the absolute spin zone. A character on Veep can either tear apart what other people are saying or say something that others will tear apart, and whole scenes are constructed so that a character will make a speech with no content and deliver it badly besides. Grade: A-

TTG

I've been avoiding all the trailers/previews, tomorrow should be fun. I still wonder with the way season 2 ended, Selina deciding to run for president, if the show has put a clock on the series culminating with the elections. Maybe they'll just side step that. In any case, it feels far enough into the future now that it doesn't really matter for season 3.

addik

YES! Excited for this! I have been aching to watch another comedy series and this just fits the bill. Season 2 was so great!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
When will the episode be up on HBO Go? I would love to persuade my friends to watch this after GoT.

Twio

That was an awesome episode, I really have high hopes for this season.

I'm also interested in seeing what they do with Jonah after this :p.

j_rocca42

So ready for this. Really enjoyed last season. Mike is my favorite character but it's really a great cast of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom