• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice//

Banned
I actually would have been slightly depressed if we lost-lost Jonah for good. He's too good of a punching bag.

Vyer

Loving what they've done with Jonah. Moving him from his job kept it from getting stale, but we didn't lose the character completely. His douchiness has gone to the next level.

KingKong

That was such a good episode, this show is fantastic. I loved the fruit panel of fetuses that everyone was eating as the episode went on

Dany

Banned
Great episode, really felt like a special event episode you would see on The Cosby show about abortion. Insanely funny, better than last weeks. I only wished that Selina took a stance.

TTG

Back up to a 9 after the tepid season premier. Gary's weird passive aggressive remarks are great, Kent/Sue back and forth is funny and I don't know why Dan blew up, but whatever.

Tucah

you speak so well
I liked but didn't love the premiere but this episode got this show back in top form. Mike's fruit timeline (and the fact people kept slowly picking off fruit), everything with Jonah, everything with Gary and Kent's comments to Sue were all fantastic.

jergrah

Great episode -- Jonah's line about Huffington Post killed me. Then when we told Dan, "that's right, back up bitch" I was dying.

inm8num2

Dan flipping out on Jonah was the highlight for me. Most of the scene didn't even play for comedy to me - it was a deserved outburst at a rather obnoxious person.

Still, the burrito line was hilarious. :)

Meier

Haven't seen last night's yet but the premiere was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. I was fucking dying.

Dice//

Banned
= Surprisingly vulnerable Dan this episode, but I do like a good flip out...and sea sickness, to really show other sides of characters
= I liked Selena and Kelly's interaction: "It starts with a K" "Can you just fucking tell me?"
= Dang, Sue has an admirer! And she couldn't care less. Good ol' Sue.
= For a full episode about abortion, we got very little about which way most of the VEEP personnel would swing on that (though I'm sure Selena and Dan are on the same page: Pro-choice unless it's for votes)
= I actually didn't like Jonah that much this time. Well, what I mean is that I liked him being there, but now he's just this poison seeping up on the sides where he was necessary before. His interview was great though, and yeah the ranting for his blog.

SamVimes

Dan being seasick kinda weirded me out because just the other day i watched an episode in which he tells Kent that he went speedboating. Of course he was probably just trying to make ingratiate himself with him.

Dany

Banned
I love how Chuung went for 22 weeks, lol for no reason at all.

= Dang, Sue has an admirer! And she couldn't care less. Good ol' Sue.
= For a full episode about abortion, we got very little about which way most of the VEEP personnel would swing on that (though I'm sure Selena and Dan are on the same page: Pro-choice unless it's for votes)

Sue is clearly playing hard to get, well kinda.

And I agree, none of them mentioned the abortion that Selina/Amy had. iirc

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jonah.
TadkV.gif

Jonah this season is going to be amazing. Loved Dan's break down too.

Empty

this episode was so dense with jokes it's hard to pick favourites but all the ryantology stuff was gold.

also the delivery of: "i can't identify myself as a woman. i can't let people know that."

KNT-Zero

Looooooool Jonah pulled a Sarah Palin on TV!
Plus that THANK YOU DAN FUCK YOU DAN! on the first ep was just too good for words.
This season is already starting with a nuclear blast of quality. Holy shit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Dan being seasick kinda weirded me out because just the other day i watched an episode in which he tells Kent that he went speedboating. Of course he was probably just trying to make ingratiate himself with him.

I always read that as just bullshit; he pulled some nonsense out of the air that he once heard his fratty pals say.

JDSN

Banned
Setting up Johan as an incompetent jackass for three seasons only to have such jackass being asked by MSNBC to show up live is the coolest insult someone has made about that boring network.

survivor

Banned
This season been off to a great start. I was a bit bummed to see Jonah get fired, but I think the direction they are taking with him is better this way.

Grizzo

Last episode was hysterical. Had me laughing all the way through. I love it when scenes get really stuffed with snappy punchlines and just preposterous situations, and that episode was full of that.

Peru

I love abortion. I am an abortionado, but I would go pro-life in a fetal fucking heartbeat if it meant winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom