• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Yeah! |OT| That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I just finished it, and cleared up the last few achievements.

Fantastic fun. At times I thought 1200 points may have been a bit steep, but I think that's more to do with Sega's other recent XBLA games being incredibly cheap, rather than the quality of Hell Yeah. It was an absolute blast, and lasted a good 10 hours.

It was a bit on the easy side, but I think that's a good thing. It's one of those arcade games you can just chill out while playing. Plus slaughtering everything with little resistance adds to the feeling of badassery.

My only real complaint is that the end feels incredibly abrupt. I absolutely massacred the final boss with the shotgun in no time (easily the best weapon in the game by a country mile), and there's no real ending sequence at all; just some credits that go on for too long. Also, no real post-game content besides a few miscellaneous achievements to clean up. None of which were too involving.

Other than that though, Hell Yeah was brilliant from start to finish.

Toppot

I have to say I officially love the Arkedo guys and gals <3. I asked them on Twitter if they had the lyrics to the Bunny song and they said they would have to transcipt them. Then today they twitted me a link, just before they tweeted about the soundtrack, to the song page with lyrics!

http://arkedo-studio.bandcamp.com/track/the-bunny-song-feat-clotilde-chevalier-cute-zone

Now I can sing along perfectly :3

Not only this but releasing the soundtrack for free for a limited time and how they are being very open and welcoming to bug reports. They have a fan in me now. Can't wait for whatever they make next, dlc, sequel or a totally different game.

Duffyside

Banned
Haven't played this one in a few days now, as I got to a monster I couldn't figure out how to kill, and have been discouraged to go back. Doesn't feel like the kind of thing one can look up on youtube.

Guess I'll ask GAF.
In the club, big monster with some shades on, walking back and forth on a little ledge surrounded on the right side by lasers with a platform for me to stand on, and walled off on the other three sides. I think he's the one with the photo area on the left side of the wall.

Pharoah

You're welcome :)

Btw, the singer in the Rabbit Song is Clotilde, awesome girlfriend of Aurélien (the guy who designed, drew and animated HY).

The both of them + Sylvain (the guy who did the music and sfx) have gone through GREAT LENGTH compiling all the shitty girl song tricks they could find (that was one crazy week :), in order to turn the Rabbit Song into the most annoying, yet scientifically effective, song possible.

0873e.jpg

The idea was that we wanted to create a song people would both hate and like at the same time...

8521x.jpg

...just like how Ash feels when he enters the Cute Zone ^^

1560x.jpg

There is another version of the song somewhere in the game.

Torraz

I'm stuck on boss 51 and/or 52.
The two farting buttocks in area 6. How do I solve that puzzle / get through the door?

Please, someone tell me how the hell i'll get the 10.000$ achievment on the slot machine!

i tried over half an hour yesterday. Surfing gaf, triggering square. Iit's pure luck, isn't it?

If you have a controller with an auto-function you can just engage that for the gamble button and let the console do its job for an hour or however long it takes.

Toppot

I'm stuck on boss 51 and/or 52.
The two farting buttocks in area 6. How do I solve that puzzle / get through the door?
That's the bit I needed help with earlier on in the thread xD You just
use the zoom out feature so that you can see both on your screen at the same time.

Number45

Started this last night not expecting a great deal and was pleasantly surprised. Looks (aside from the loading screens, which are barren and jarring) and sounds great.

My only complaint at the moment is that I find the controls a little too sensitive.

Vert boil

Two bits of DLC coming,

SEGA®of America Inc. and SEGA®Europe Ltd. are wickedly excited to announce Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit&#8482;! downloadable content will be available on October 23 in North America and October 24 in Europe from Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network and PC Digital Download.

For Ash, the Prince of Hell, vengeance is neither short nor sweet. If you&#8217;re going to kill, you want to look hot doing it and take your time over your options. With over 50 masks for Ash and 11 driller skins available for his deadly jet pack driller, you can create hell in style using the Pimp My Rabbit pack for $2.99 /240MSP /£1.99 /&#8364;2.49 /AUD$4.25. Keep your eyes peeled for some classic SEGA franchise and characters making an appearance such as Jet Set Radio&#8482;, Super Monkey Ball&#8482; and Crazy Taxi&#8482;.

Hold on; you thought that was it? You&#8217;re wrong. Test how hot your shooting and speed-running skills are in 50 thrilling challenges adding over three hours of gameplay with the The Virtual Rabbit Missions for $4.99 /400MSP /£3.69 / &#8364;4.49 / AUD$7.75. Only the mightiest rabbit can survive!
PR.

Playing the Steam version.

Is there supposed to be little to no music in the levels? I generally hear it at first, then when I kill a monster it doesn't return.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Got it off PS+, and I really like it, but it's currently unplayable because of the freezing.

It completely locks up after about 15/20 minutes of play every single time. This needs to be patched otherwise i'm not even bothering to finish it, constantly losing progress and having to reset the PS3 is not worth it.

Toppot

Playing the Steam version.

Is there supposed to be little to no music in the levels? I generally hear it at first, then when I kill a monster it doesn't return.

There are help topics on the Steam forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205230/discussions/0/882962139145059986/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205230/discussions/0/882962698485467779/

Forcing 'Stereo' seems to be the fix.

Got it off PS+, and I really like it, but it's currently unplayable because of the freezing.

It completely locks up after about 15/20 minutes of play every single time. This needs to be patched otherwise i'm not even bothering to finish it, constantly losing progress and having to reset the PS3 is not worth it.

They are working on and testing a patch. They seem to think it is related to large and/or user replaced hard drives.

test_account

XP-39C²
I beat this game about a week ago (got 100% of the trophies as well :)), a pretty cool game indeed :) I'm curious why there is no d-pad support however, although it worked fine enough using the analog stick. I got the game for free through PS+, i will most likely buy the '50 thrilling challenges' DLC.

I'm running a 120GB PS3 slim. Never swapped it out.

Hoping that patch gets here quick!
I got the exact same PS3 model (Slim 120GB, european model to be precise), but the game didnt freeze on me at all. Maybe something random or anything else causing the freezing?

Toppot

I'm running a 120GB PS3 slim. Never swapped it out.

Hoping that patch gets here quick!
I have a 320gb slim and never replace the hard drive and it freezes on me every 2-3 of hours. I believe there is some issue with the game, that is maybe exacerbated by larger hard drives.

Arkedo and Sega are working on the problems, hopefully it comes out before the DLC.

samratty

Just finished this today (steam version).
Mechanically it's nothing special, in fact it's average. I'm not usually one to be able to overlook that, but this game just slaps on the fun - humour, great art and great and varied soundtrack which kept me going to the end. Good fun :)

Carl

Awesome to hear about the DLC...although i haven't actually got around to playing the game yet >.<

DLC is 20% off for PS+ in Europe by the way.

Started playing last night and I'm in the second zone. Fun game, and it's great to go around drilling everything into oblivion, but not being to drill most of the enemies in this zone puts a drag on things.

First boss was kinda lame just having to go back and forth shooting missiles at him :/

Same thing happened to me today. 4-5 freezes in about 2 hours play. Annoying but thankfully it didn't corrupt my save or anything. If that had happened, I'd be pissed.

72/100 monsters at the moment and I'm still having fun. The only mini-game I really don't like is the sniper one, cause the time limit is way too short.

Bluforce

I think this game is awesome.

But i do not find mask number 21 and 36.

I Have 100% on all stage, except Volcano Zone, the first zone.

Katzii

I am 45 monsters in on the PS3 version, and have had a few crashes, but it's a game I enjoy playing for a half hour or so blast. Kinda glad I didn't pay for it, not because it's a bad game (I'm having a great time with it), but because I'm sure I probably would have passed it up if I didn't get the option to download on PS+. Too many games to play as it is!

Bluforce

Ok, finding masks do not increase the percentage of single level.

So, i found mask 21
(is in the Jail, under water).

Still in search of 36.

Quick question, has this game been patched yet as i was really enjoying it but the damn game kept freezing up my PS3 so i have gone onto other games in the mean time?

Whoever thought the Jackpot trophy was a good idea needs to go sit in the corner.

Quick question, has this game been patched yet as i was really enjoying it but the damn game kept freezing up my PS3 so i have gone onto other games in the mean time?

No

*edit* You gotta be kidding me, I just won the jackpot twice in a row just now right after complaining and after 30 minutes of pressing the square button lol

Guenther

The Gamespot review is by McShae, I've yet to read a competent review by him - even for games where I agree with the score (which are not too many). Hell Yeah is a lot of fun, has tight platforming (something a guy like McShea who calls himself a fan of platformers should appreciate), nice Wario Ware-style mini games and a great style. Level design is also nice, especially for a download game. A bit of Mega Man, a bit of Jazz Jackrabbit (mainly in style), a barrel of blood, tight platforming, a dose of Wario Ware and a world structured a bit like a classic Metroid (that doesn't mean it plays anything like Metroid though, it's still mostly a linear experience - which is absolutely fine for this game) makes for an intriguing combination, I can definitely recommend this game :).
Danke für den Tipp - werde ich es mir also doch holen ;)

Empty

been playing through this game this week. a treat. scratches a similar itch that outland did for me last year with its 2d sidescrolling with a bit of exploration and its own coherent style, though with a greater emphasis on personality here than well constructed challenges in outland, not that this game is bad in that regard. i think its main strength is how expertly paced it is once it gets started - always moving you forwards to new challenges and inventive areas, rarely slack or aimless. but it's hard to forget the silliness in the monster descriptions, loading screens, enemy designs, minigames (wish they'd managed to get 100 unique ones in though). great work.

i just did the happy level which was wonderful.

Has anybody here downloaded the Virtual Rabbit Missions?

I love the main game, but I was hoping to get some impressions before I buy this. Especially since I wasn't a huge fan of the missions in the main game (there wasn't anything wrong with them; I just prefer playing the main levels and finding/killing bosses).

Deadstar

This game is so awesome! I'm glad I picked it up. I'd say it's a must buy. There's so much style in this game and a great variety of monsters.

pswii60

Looooooooooove this game!!

Can't believe I waited so long to buy it. It looks incredible, absolutely loving the artwork and variety.

My only slight gripe (and an old pet hate) is the Team 17 style of platforming, where the sprite remains completely static in the middle, whilst the screen scrolls. Can feel a bit cheap initially and can lead to a little eye/head strain. I prefer the Sonic/Mario way of doing things where the sprite is a little more detached from the screen and can move around independently within a certain section of screen before it scrolls. Play Hell Yeah then switch to Sonic and back again to get what I mean.

But anyway, with that rant over, it's bloody brilliant. Has a personality, charm and polish to the artwork that very, very few downloadable games have. The silky smooth 60fps is just icing on the cake, especially when viewed on a Panny plasma with no ghosting whatsoever!

Toppot

Has anybody here downloaded the Virtual Rabbit Missions?

I love the main game, but I was hoping to get some impressions before I buy this. Especially since I wasn't a huge fan of the missions in the main game (there wasn't anything wrong with them; I just prefer playing the main levels and finding/killing bosses).

I just played through most of the easy missions and it is basically more of the missions you get in the game from ASH 2.0. There are 3 groups of missions, easy, hard and devilish. (15-20 missions each tier, 60ish overall) Some of the later easy ones are quite tricky so I dread the harder ones xD If you didn't like the missions on the main game then you won't find anything new in the DLC. The customisation DLC is fine, has lots of Sega themed ones (Jet Set Radio features for example) and the mission's dlc unlocks more customisations.

From a gameplay perspective I wouldn't recommend them, they are just there for the challenge and to unlock more customisation (There isn't even any new trophies on PS3 for the DLC missions.) But since I got the game for free and the guys at Arkedo are so great I would recommend buying it just to support them =]

What we need now is a sequel or a new game from them =]

I just played through most of the easy missions and it is basically more of the missions you get in the game from ASH 2.0. There are 3 groups of missions, easy, hard and devilish. (15-20 missions each tier, 60ish overall) Some of the later easy ones are quite tricky so I dread the harder ones xD If you didn't like the missions on the main game then you won't find anything new in the DLC. The customisation DLC is fine, has lots of Sega themed ones (Jet Set Radio features for example) and the mission's dlc unlocks more customisations.

From a gameplay perspective I wouldn't recommend them, they are just there for the challenge and to unlock more customisation (There isn't even any new trophies on PS3 for the DLC missions.) But since I got the game for free and the guys at Arkedo are so great I would recommend buying it just to support them =]

What we need now is a sequel or a new game from them =]

Thanks. I think I might pass. I absolutely love Hell Yeah (it's one of my favourite games this year), but this doesn't sound like a real expansion, which is what I was hoping for. I didn't even finish all the missions in the standalone game, so I'm not particularly bothered about buying more.

A sequel would be amazing.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Speaking of missions...I think the last one in Zone 8
(Cute Zone)
may have glitched on me.

Trying to do the "preserve your fuel" mission but I can't find the end. The "exit" seems to be below and to the left of where you start, but no GOAL sign shows up.
Is that where it's supposed to be or am I looking in the wrong place? I swear I've looked everywhere else.

Steam version BTW.

Never mind this entire post. I'm a moron! :D

Duffyside

Banned
Haven't picked this game back up since I couldn't figure out how to beat one monster. Figured the game wasn't big enough to youtube it.

But it should be, because this game is rad.

Toppot

Haven't picked this game back up since I couldn't figure out how to beat one monster. Figured the game wasn't big enough to youtube it.

But it should be, because this game is rad.

If youtube doesn't have the answers I'm sure we do ;)
If it is the shielded enemy you need to get close and buzz saw him, if it is the butt monsters you need to zoom out. If it is the yellow duck you need to jump in fire. Or if it is anything else just ask =]

Big Nikus

So... still no news about the patch ? I still can't play the game because of the irritating audio stuttering... Of course I'm running a 120Go Slim :/
I'm sure I'll love the game (plus, it's one of these games with a "Halloween" touch that I really enjoy playing around this time of year), but I just can't get over the audio lag, it's a damn shame.

Andvary

So... still no news about the patch ? I still can't play the game because of the irritating audio stuttering... Of course I'm running a 120Go Slim :/
I'm sure I'll love the game (plus, it's one of these games with a "Halloween" touch that I really enjoy playing around this time of year), but I just can't get over the audio lag, it's a damn shame.

Yeah, please hurry up guys! XD

MarkusRJR

Yeah I've been waiting for a patch because the game has weird stuttering and crashes a lot on my 160gb slim (haven't changed the hard drive or anything). It's disappointing that it's taking so long for a patch.

Top Bottom