• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 drops to less than 10,000 players for the first time ever on Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
Helldivers-2-Player-Count-July-22-2024-Thumbnail.jpg

Helldivers 2 has seen one of the largest falls from grace in some time. The game managed to sell over 12 million copies in the first three months of its release, but now it sees just a fraction of that amount jump on to bring democracy to the galaxy.

This is the case for many games and most have their shares of ups and downs. With a lack of major updates outside of new weapons and Stratagems, there is very little to keep players engaged long term once the endlessly repeated missions grow tiresome.

And now, Helldivers 2 has fallen to its lowest point ever, dropping to less than 10,000 players for the first time since the game launched in February 2024.

Last edited:

Sokka

And I'm sure the numbers will go up the next big update, this doom and gloom over player count is just not a good thing to get fixated on.

Little less than 10k players is nothing to scoff at in this competitive market. Most games would kill for those numbers.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
There's almost 25K people playing the game right now. Is that a small number?

I wonder how EDF6 will do for comparison. EDF5 never went over 10K players, yet the multiplayer still seemed healthy enough when I played it earlier this year.

You joke but it’s actually selling well

IMG-0798.jpg

iresYhi.png

Super excited for this one.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
HELLDIVERS™ 2 released on 8 February 2024
  • HELLDIVERS™ 2
  • 25,301 players right now
  • 31,781 24-hour peak
Lowest I see is 10,230.

SteamCharts has a low of under 10,000.

But seriously, isnt the that like 5am in the US and midday Monday in the civilized world?
If the average is still above 20,000 on Monday and still in the top 50 most played on Steam.
Id say thats good for a game that hasnt had a major update in a minute.
Its still like top 20 most played on PSN so I dont even know what this article is trying to say.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I played it for over 150 hours. I and many others are waiting for new content. It makes little to no sense to log in now.

I just got into the game last month and it's the best co-op game I've played for a long time. Didn't realize this was the same dev as Magicka (which explains the Strategem mechanic).

The only real issue here is content, after lvl 20, I think I've seen all what I've need to see plus the PC to PS5 party is borked. Can't add them which is annoying cause I have to find the planet where they're from and join them manually.

Here's hoping the fix that and they'll have a dedicated soldier for democracy.

Boss Man

They went on their scandinavian summer break right when they should have been introducing new content.

Their choice, but surprising to see someone catch lightning in a bottle and throw it away for summer vacation lol.

JayK47

I was playing it for the first time on Sunday. Gamers jump on the latest thing. I was fine playing an "older" game. According to a negative review, every patch makes the game worse. That must be it.

Corian33

Honestly, I think it speaks to the strength of the core gameplay that it’s still rolling along with tens of thousands of players while very slowly dripping new content.

At some point they have to unleash another enemy race, more biomes, more mission types, etc. That will all bring people back.

tmlDan

are player count threads now just a thing here that is gonna happen frequently?

Whats there to discuss, it has no new content people get bored move on. Nothing else to talk about.

hlm666

Last time this games numbers were being debated it was compared to palworlds player decline, I wonder why there hasn't been a mention of it in comparison to that in here yet.

Go craft that butcher knife, once palworld releases on ps5 later this year it's gonna get bloody.

Last time this games numbers were being debated it was compared to palworlds player decline, I wonder why there hasn't been a mention of it in comparison to that in here yet.

Go craft that butcher knife, once palworld releases on ps5 later this year it's gonna get bloody.
Palworld is much easier to update than this.

It recently got an update and player count rose to 100k again.

Helldivers, I have no idea what you will do in it once you have your fill.

………

Halo Infinite has same issue as Helldivers, once you have played basic modes enough, there is no need to return, outside skins etc. It however is much bigger budget so they added PVE, Forge etc.

This is the size of updates Helldivers need to sustain much higher player count.

Last edited:
Top Bottom