• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
228Xj.jpg

She's from a town less than ten miles from my doorstep. The place where she works is famous for its fried chicken, which was underwhelming and kind of sickening the one time I ate there. Also, she's 23 but doesn't look a day younger than 30 if I'm being kind. I expect the worst.

Darklord

Banned
Season 8 was terrible. First season I stopped watching. All the contenders were assholes. I didn't want any to win. I hope this season is better.

Purkake4

Banned
Darklord said:
Season 8 was terrible. First season I stopped watching. All the contenders were assholes. I didn't want any to win. I hope this season is better.
I think some of you are missing the point here.

Darklord

Banned
Purkake4 said:
I think some of you are missing the point here.

Not really. In the other seasons you had your morons, the angry cooks, the mid range ones and the couple of good ones. Like Petrozza in season 4. I liked him and wanted him to win. But last season they were ALL shit cooks, bitter, angry and unlikeable. The episodes felt more scripted and every preview for the next episode was meant to look like someone had died or something. You gotta have someone to root for. I didn't want any of them to win. I wanted to punch Russel in the face.

Purkake4

Banned
Darklord said:
Not really. In the other seasons you had your morons, the angry cooks, the mid range ones and the couple of good ones. Like Petrozza in season 4. I liked him and wanted him to win. But last these they were ALL shit cooks, bitter, angry and unlikeable. You gotta have someone to root for. I didn't want any of them to win. I wanted to punch Russel in the face.
I don't watch Asylum's mockbusters because they are good or because I want to root for the characters, I watch them for the pure cheesy badness.

The same holds true here, how much more incompetent can the new chefs be? How crazy can the previews get? How much can they piss Ramsey off? These are the things I watch it for, trainwreck-style.

The guys look kind of creepy lol, anyway excited as always to watch Ramsay put the fear of god into some ignorant "chefs". Should be great times.

Spacebar

I can't wait for this!! I've enjoyed all of seasons so far and this is the first year I watched Master Chef. Not a bad show either. The Asian girl is my pick!

ElRenoRaven

Darklord said:
Not really. In the other seasons you had your morons, the angry cooks, the mid range ones and the couple of good ones. Like Petrozza in season 4. I liked him and wanted him to win. But last season they were ALL shit cooks, bitter, angry and unlikeable. The episodes felt more scripted and every preview for the next episode was meant to look like someone had died or something. You gotta have someone to root for. I didn't want any of them to win. I wanted to punch Russel in the face.

I actually liked last season's winner. The rest of the cast I hated with a passion.

Spacebar said:
I can't wait for this!! I've enjoyed all of seasons so far and this is the first year I watched Master Chef. Not a bad show either. The Asian girl is my pick!
Oh yea. I love all of Ramsey's shows. I watch Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, Kitchen Nightmares. I don't miss an episode of these shows.

Love this show, been watching it since season 1. Can't believe it's been 6 years. LOL @ people still raging about Petrozza. Michael is still my favorite winner, but Salvatore is my favorite contestant.

Anyways, I'll choose my person after the first episode.

benjipwns said:
No Jean-Philippe again this season.
6X8rk.gif

:'(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ghostofsparta said:
Love this show, been watching it since season 1. Can't believe it's been 6 years. LOL @ people still raging about Petrozza. Michael is still my favorite winner, but Salvatore is my favorite contestant.

Anyways, I'll choose my person after the first episode.

:'(

I don't think I can name any winners but Petroza, and he got screwed out of the win.

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
I don't think I can name any winners but Petroza, and he got screwed out of the win.

I can't. I remember them once a season is done. Maybe that's because I know I'll never see them again. I mean how many have actually gone on to end up famous enough to be seen again? lol

Just one more day too thank god. Tomorrow night we'll be back in Hell's Kitchen.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I would imagine the contestants are fully aware of what their actual job will be should they win. Otherwise why wouldn't they all be complaining? I think some are just bitter that more fame doesn't come with the Hell's Kitchen win.

nubbe

DrForester said:
I would imagine the contestants are fully aware of what their actual job will be should they win. Otherwise why wouldn't they all be complaining? I think some are just bitter that more fame doesn't come with the Hell's Kitchen win.
How would they be able to get a job if they were famous?
Everyone from all the seasons except maybe 3-4 people suuucck

CrankyJay

Banned
Haha, people fighting over kitchen space already. I love the power grabs here. Chefs all think their shit doesn't stink.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Power Grabs never made sense to me, the one good thing about this show is that there's zero gameplay on the contestants part (least not that matters). Their attempts to sabotage others and things play no part except making them look bad.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm surprised and disappointed that even though the salmon was cooked perfectly that Chef Ramsay didn't call Brandon an unoriginal pig.

CrankyJay said:
I'm surprised and disappointed that even though the salmon was cooked perfectly that Chef Ramsay didn't call Brandon an unoriginal pig.

Yeah honestly I expected him to go off for copying. Not a great start. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom