• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
Just avoid the thread for an hour,t hat's what I've done for every HK thread, and it's just fine. Should not expect people to read a thread full of black bars while something is airing just because you can't contain yourself and wait an hour.

Exactly. If you can't wait one hour to read the thread then you have bigger issues then who left today.

Xyrmellon

Lol at Ron Jeremy-I mean Steven.

Brendan looks and acts like Russell so far. Some of these folks actually seem talented though, unlike last season.

Also, best contestant ever:

ABJ2e.jpg

DrForester said:
Just avoid the thread for an hour,t hat's what I've done for every HK thread, and it's just fine. Should not expect people to read a thread full of black bars while something is airing just because you can't contain yourself and wait an hour.
Do black bars really bother people? If someone is having a problem with it the op then while the poster is putting it up slap on some spoiler tags and everyone's happy.

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
Calling it now, this was the Men's team token challenge victory for the season.

Oh they don't always lose. It seems to bounch back and forth. One season the men win a lot then the next the women do. Last season the women won a lot so I think the guys will win more then season.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Do black bars really bother people? If someone is having a problem with it the op then while the poster is putting it up slap on some spoiler tags and everyone's happy.
No, but having to figure out what to spoiler and what not, when we all just like discussing the show is a lot more annoying than people from different time zones whining because they can't help themselves from reading the latest pages. If you want lineups and whatnot, read the op.

elrechazao said:
No, but having to figure out what to spoiler and what not, when we all just like discussing the show is a lot more annoying than people from different time zones whining because they can't help themselves from reading the latest pages. If you want lineups and whatnot, read the op.
Oh I thought you guys were talking about the first post not the thread in general.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Leaving OP spoiler free for at least the rest of the evening for a reality show seems reasonable. It does not interfere with the commentary on the show by east coasters, but still lets us west coasters use it as a reference.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OK, I'm changing my vote from Tom Selleck to this guy. Know we pick before episode 1 airs, but that's before Tom Selleck said "these knives are the bomb". I can't support that.

tF0Wa.jpg

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
Leaving OP spoiler free for at least the rest of the evening for a reality show seems reasonable. It does not interfere with the commentary on the show by east coasters, but still lets us west coasters use it as a reference.

Now that I agree with. The OP should remain spoiler free till after the evening is over. But the discussion in the thread shouldn't.

benjipwns

Banned
DrForester said:
OK, I'm changing my vote from Tom Selleck to this guy. Know we pick before episode 1 airs, but that's before Tom Selleck said "these knives are the bomb". I can't support that.
The best part about picking via the pictures is you basically know nothing about them but what they look like and their age. And 99% of the time they turn out completely different from expectations.

Even their occupations are generally deceiving.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
benjipwns said:
The best part about picking via the pictures is you basically know nothing about them but what they look like and their age. And 99% of the time they turn out completely different from expectations.

Even their occupations are generally deceiving.

Just based on the signature dishes, I'm liking this group of people more. He seemed to like more dishes.

And I stand by my change.

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
Just based on the signature dishes, I'm liking this group of people more. He seemed to like more dishes.

And I stand by my change.

He really did. I liked the guts of the last guy and his tacos. He was like I made it cause it's good. It turned out to be true too. Usually when someone says that they are full of shit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
PsychoRaven said:
He really did. I liked the guts of the last guy and his tacos. He was like I made it cause it's good. It turned out to be true too. Usually when someone says that they are full of shit.

I liked the guts of whoever it was that made one of Ramsay's own dishes, but I do agree, something simple like taco's was risky.

PsychoRaven said:
Yea ended almost an hour ago east coast feed.

That's weird I been watching Global in Canada ( for the past 2 hrs) ....not even a promo wtf. They always show hell's kitchen.

edit: nvm it was on Citytv fuck I think I missed it unless it was a rerun.

ElRenoRaven

spiderman123 said:
That's weird I been watching Global in Canada ( for the past 2 hrs) ....not even a promo wtf. They always show hell's kitchen.

edit: nvm it was on Citytv.

Nope no rerun. Season premiere. Tomorrow is another episode too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ending surprised me, I mentioned the OP, but I only saw the red on Jason. Not Steven (less there are people saying that's why i switched mid-way through my viewing :) ). When I got to the end, I expected them all to stay because Jason left because of medical reasons. Was not expecting any of them to get kicked off.

That being said, I was shocked he kicked off Steven. He did good on appetizers, and he at least tried to step up, even if it didn't go too well, thought that would earn him a 2nd chance.

ElRenoRaven

DrForester said:
Ending surprised me, I mentioned the OP, but I only saw the red on Jason. Not Steven (less there are people saying that's why i switched mid-way through my viewing :) ). When I got to the end, I expected them all to stay because Jason left because of medical reasons. Was not expecting any of them to get kicked off.

That being said, I was shocked he kicked off Steven. He did good on appetizers, and he at least tried to step up, even if it didn't go too well, thought that would earn him a 2nd chance.

I wouldn't write what's his face off yet. They haven't said for sure he's gone. Keep in mind I read none of the pre show stuff so maybe they did let that out before the episode. All Ramsey said tonight was that he won't be there for a few days.

Zoe

PsychoRaven said:
I wouldn't write what's his face off yet. They haven't said for sure he's gone. Keep in mind I read none of the pre show stuff so maybe they did let that out before the episode. All Ramsey said tonight was that he won't be there for a few days.

No, he said he wouldn't be returning.

benjipwns

Banned
They were going to keep him at the hospital for a few days, but like Zoe said he would not be returning to the competition.

ElRenoRaven

Zoe said:
Isn't the pace for this show way too fast anyway?

Sometimes it is. There are episodes that are hectic as hell and others that are too slow. Those are usually the one's where they show spend a ton of time on a trip the winners of a challenge took. The first episode of the season always is though due to them showing them getting their invited and their bus ride in, etc.

benjipwns

Banned
I wouldn't mind if they expanded the premiere to two hours so they could show more of the signature dishes and them getting the Hell's Kitchen introduction with the recipe book (like they showed that one season) and first prep.

And went back to not having the dishes be a challenge. Have the first team thing be the service again.
Zoe said:
Well I meant with the filming schedule a contestant can't really afford to miss any days.
Yeah, can't let a guy just skate through the first five eliminations even if he is sick.

MC Safety

benjipwns said:
They were going to keep him at the hospital for a few days, but like Zoe said he would not be returning to the competition.

Yeah, it seemed really weird that two chefs on two separate shows would have mysterious ailments that sent them home on the (first?) challenge event.

sw1Ec.jpg

After watching the first episode, this is my man. Seems to be "normal".

Also I can't believe the Asian guy's name is Chino. Can't wait for the white guy named Gringo.

Xyrmellon

Speaking of, is Hell's Kitchen next to some biological warfare facility?? Every season at least one contestant gets a mysterious outbreak virus and has to leave.

xbhaskarx

Xyrmellon said:
Speaking of, is Hell's Kitchen next to some biological warfare facility?? Every season at least one contestant gets a mysterious outbreak virus and has to leave.

Yes, it's in Los Angeles

Purkake4

Banned
I think there's a clause in the contract that they have to get one person who will pass out so they don't have to pay for stock footage of ambulances.

Liked the mad troll and sarcastic clapping in the beginning.

Pkaz01

So many douchebags on the blue team and girls with crazy bitches on the red team. This season has potential. Last season was really bad, completely forgot Nona won? seriously? that has the be the worst season of hells kitchen history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom