• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassBox

Banned
It's funny how Barbie gets shit on for "not being a team player" when the whole freaking women's team made her out to be shit and hated her from the very start, even though so far she's outlasting most of them.

It's funny how Barbie gets shit on for "not being a team player" when the whole freaking women's team made her out to be shit and hated her from the very start, even though so far she's outlasting most of them.

You know she's getting nominated again right? SMH

edit: Oh nevermind. Red didn't screw it up.

GlassBox

Banned
Beating a dead horse, but this season is just terrible. Everyone is really bad, no one truly likeable to root for. I think Barbie may be the only one I'm rooting for, and only out of spite to everyone else there who shitted on her since the start.

You can tell Ramsey has no favorites. He probably wanted to send the entire Blue team home tonight.

UberTag

Barbie is a wonder on the meat station. Has been the entire season.
Considering that Ramsey's looking to open up a steak restaurant that should make her a front-runner.

Robyn and Clemenza are effectively expendable. Will be shocked if the Final 4 isn't Dana-Christine-Barbie-Justin. Nobody else deserves it. Dana probably doesn't, either... most other seasons she'd be merely average.

Barbie is a wonder on the meat station. Has been the entire season.
Considering that Ramsey's looking to open up a steak restaurant that should make her a front-runner.

Robyn and Clemenza are effectively expendable. Will be shocked if the Final 4 isn't Dana-Christine-Barbie-Justin. Nobody else deserves it. Dana probably doesn't, either... most other seasons she'd be merely average.

Actually i think she fucked up Meat earlier in the season...

RangersFan

Robyn still being there is for entertainment purposes only. She hasn't done anything at all to distinguish herself positively from there rest. Her "highlight" of the season so far is not getting kicked out for one service while most of her team did, she hasn't wont and challenges or heads up matches. Nothing is ever her fault, she makes me sick.

Those still hating on Barbie are ridiculous, she hasn't done anything. Sure she may be a bitch, but who wasn't a bitch on the red team (christina only), Dana has been much bitchier imo, but there's no hate towards her.

tmdorsey

Robyn still being there is for entertainment purposes only. She hasn't done anything at all to distinguish herself positively from there rest. Her "highlight" of the season so far is not getting kicked out for one service while most of her team did, she hasn't wont and challenges or heads up matches. Nothing is ever her fault, she makes me sick.

Those still hating on Barbie are ridiculous, she hasn't done anything. Sure she may be a bitch, but who wasn't a bitch on the red team (christina only), Dana has been much bitchier imo, but there's no hate towards her.

Agreed 100% I can't stand Robyn. She's only still there because the people she's been up against in elimination have actually performed worse than her on that given service. She's been skating, but I think her time is coming to end pretty soon. Talk about not owning up to her mistakes. Last night she tried to blame everybody from her teammates, to the pan, to the fish.

Dana is fucking annoying too. Her voice when she's talking to the camera is like nails on a chalkboard. I really don't understand why Barbie is getting the hate she's getting either. I mean the producers must be doing some editing because it seems to me everytime we see people hating on Barbie she's just chilling or looking around.

Zoe

I really don't understand why Barbie is getting the hate she's getting either. I mean the producers must be doing some editing because it seems to me everytime we see people hating on Barbie she's just chilling or looking around.

She's passive aggressive. That is very hard to work with.

Barbie is definitely a super passive aggressive bitch. She went from agressive to passive aggressive.

Either way though, I still think Justin and Christina have this in the bag for the finale. Robyn was clearly kept on to add some drama until they completely trim the fat.

MC Safety

I watch each episode and wait for:

Barbie to make "the face."
Dana to yell something during the cutaway commentaries.
Brian to do a weird voice or cover his face with his hands.
Clemenza to stick his finger in his mouth, do the popping sound, and "Whoopedy-doo!"

The producers have been really great about capturing the contestants' quirks and replaying them ad nauseam.

Grinchy

Banned
We only know what we're shown, but based on what we've been shown, it seems like Barbie was shit on from the beginning. If she started out aggressive and turned passive-aggressive, maybe that's just because she realized it wasn't worth getting into all the catty fights the red team has had. Maybe she knows to just keep her head down and cook well so she can get further in and shine later into the competition.

I've been rooting for Barbie ever since the beginning when everyone was treating her like shit. Robin is only being kept around because she annoys everyone. Better chefs are being kicked out before her because it was realized that they wouldn't win, but keeping Robin around makes for a better show because she is fucking psycho.

We only know what we're shown, but based on what we've been shown, it seems like Barbie was shit on from the beginning. If she started out aggressive and turned passive-aggressive, maybe that's just because she realized it wasn't worth getting into all the catty fights the red team has had. Maybe she knows to just keep her head down and cook well so she can get further in and shine later into the competition.

I've been rooting for Barbie ever since the beginning when everyone was treating her like shit. Robin is only being kept around because she annoys everyone. Better chefs are being kicked out before her because it was realized that they wouldn't win, but keeping Robin around makes for a better show because she is fucking psycho.
you don't remember the episode where she flat out declared that she is gonna stop being so aggressive and mean and all that. Definitely deliberately toned it down on her end, but she still does it more passively for sure.

Either way though, she annoys me but I don't care so much about her. She becomes more bearable as more people leave. Robyn is infinitely more annoying. How many lives does she got.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh yeah, I do remember that now. All I know is that if I were on that team, I'd probably have no idea how to respond to a lot of the bullshit that's gone on all season long either. It was like a bunch of teenage girls in high school woke up in grown women's bodies and went on the show.

But yeah, that crackhead Christian Bale has got to go. The way she contorts her mouth makes me want to feed kittens to baby seals and then club the seals.

Grinchy

Banned
Is it just me or does Dana look stoned every time shes doing commentary? Her eyes don't emote!

Yeah there's something really off about her. And the monotone way of speaking is strange. Her voice barely changes when she's yelling. It gets a tiny bit louder but it still sounds just like when she's talking.

Still hot though.

Holy shit this seasons chefs are awful. Episode 15 and they're still dreadful. 0-0 score. LOL!

They're soooooooo bad. Especially in contrast to what you see following them in Master Chef. I wouldn't want any of these people flipping a burger at McDonalds. How the hell did they pick these people? It's hard to watch this year.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Season is terrible. Every year I say to my wife that I'm not watching this drivel again next season. I am so weak.

I watch each episode and wait for:

Barbie to make "the face."
Dana to yell something during the cutaway commentaries.
Brian to do a weird voice or cover his face with his hands.
Clemenza to stick his finger in his mouth, do the popping sound, and "Whoopedy-doo!"

The producers have been really great about capturing the contestants' quirks and replaying them ad nauseam.
The Brian Spanish thing a few episodes back was hilarious

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Brian getting sent home pissed me off. Robyn is obviously only there for the drama. FOX is such a shitty network.

benjipwns

Banned
A positive spin to make would be that Ramsay dumps the marginal talents to keep around a few "saboteurs" to see how the top talents manage them.

Remember the one season when the finalist told the people she picked that she picked them because they sucked and it would make her look better so she'd pay them off if she won. There was another where one of the probably should be finalists couldn't stop feuding with another contestant despite their talent so Ramsay dumped them with the troublemaker.

I liked how Ramsay was specifically looking at Justin when telling him and Clemenza that it was "their" performance to this point why they were safe.
We only know what we're shown, but based on what we've been shown, it seems like Barbie was shit on from the beginning. If she started out aggressive and turned passive-aggressive, maybe that's just because she realized it wasn't worth getting into all the catty fights the red team has had.
In like the second episode she was deliberately stomping around in the kitchen at 5 in the morning. Robyn and Tiffany already hated her at that point for no apparent reason (that they stated anyway...) but the Barbie hate seemed to fade away more because they were all fighting with each other and didn't have their unifying lighting rod of hate anymore.

She's easily one of the more competent people from what has been shown.

mattbison

Banned
I think I watch this show to see how Ramsay decimates these idiots.. I love his language choices including body language.. He'll be talking shit to their face and deliberately turn his back to them and walk away in disgust lol... great stuff..

And these people are such idiots.. this is the jersey shore of cooking shows..

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
A positive spin to make would be that Ramsay dumps the marginal talents to keep around a few "saboteurs" to see how the top talents manage them.

Remember the one season when the finalist told the people she picked that she picked them because they sucked and it would make her look better so she'd pay them off if she won. There was another where one of the probably should be finalists couldn't stop feuding with another contestant despite their talent so Ramsay dumped them with the troublemaker.

I liked how Ramsay was specifically looking at Justin when telling him and Clemenza that it was "their" performance to this point why they were safe.

In like the second episode she was deliberately stomping around in the kitchen at 5 in the morning. Robyn and Tiffany already hated her at that point for no apparent reason (that they stated anyway...) but the Barbie hate seemed to fade away more because they were all fighting with each other and didn't have their unifying lighting rod of hate anymore.

She's easily one of the more competent people from what has been shown.

A fair point but I think Brian was actually pretty good. He certainly messed up a few times but IMO he was one of the 2 or 3 who actually knew what he was doing. He and Justin were the only ones who could plate a nice looking dish in challenges as well.

mattbison

Banned
I think the "funny guy" who is actually more annoying than funny has some problems... constantly punching yourself in the face when you make a mistake in the kitchen is really going to land you a high profile job buddy...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They need another season where they have great chefs. Like when Kevin and Dave were in it. They would run rings around any of these contestants.

That was the only season I've seen besides this one and I really enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite reality show season I've ever watched. I loved those guys and Van. When he got booted I could have cried.

Tamanon

Banned
so they didn't want to compete with re-runs of the olympics in the internet age? don't get that logic

Hey, if they can still get repeats on reruns, they're going to try. Hell's Kitchen doesn't seem to rerun at all anyways, so make a little more cash.

benjipwns

Banned
When this comes back next week, Monday the 13th, it will be at 9PM after Hotel Hell on Monday only.

I'll assume it's going to be in that slot for the rest of the season based on past years.

chris121580

When this comes back next week, Monday the 13th, it will be at 9PM after Hotel Hell on Monday only.

I'll assume it's going to be in that slot for the rest of the season based on past years.

I don't know if I'll be able to get myself to watch Hotel Hell as much as I love Gordon.

.GqueB.

Banned
Season is terrible. Every year I say to my wife that I'm not watching this drivel again next season. I am so weak.

Agreed. I just caught up yesterday and my day was going find until I started watching. I hate myself after watching this show. I'm always pissed watching this show. Like Tiffany says things like "I care about the food" and then she shows yet again that she doesn't really give a shit. And Kimi with her natural beauty remark and the slow talking thing that Barbie has been doing lately. And Robins mouth. It all just gets me riled up and ruins my day...

but I keep watching. I really don't know why.

In the case of Barbie, I think they're just trying to craft some story by using old footage or they are just leaving key things out. A few episodes ago when Kimi was screaming about how she was a bitch and needs to go I was literally confused. I mean she wasn't doing anything at all. It was really bizarre.

I hate this show so much.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don't know if I'll be able to get myself to watch Hotel Hell as much as I love Gordon.

There was a lot of internal turmoil with that show I think. It was slated to premiere in April, then pushed back to early June, then pushed back again to August...and none of the previews seem to be all that interesting. There's only so much you can do with a format like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom