• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumidor

Clemenza is a slob whose schtick is getting old fast.

Ugh, so many unlikeable people this season.

Watching Clemenza, I swear he's just gonna die in the middle of a service.

I haven't watched every season, but this has been the worst one for me. They cook the same thing every episode, yet every week they fuck it up. As bad as Top Chef was last season, I can't wait to watch a show with real chefs again.

GlassBox

Banned
I actually started to like Patrick a bit and I think his elimination was too early, especially compared to someone like Royce who just fucked up every piece of meat he cooked.

Ezio

I agree, I think Patrick hit a bit of a slump but he would've bounced back, there is no way Tiffany should still be in this competition and Patrick be kicked out. But, drama is drama and she adds more then he did.

.GqueB.

Banned
It's amazing. Why they didn't all practice before they got on the show is beyond me.

Unless you practice with an angry chef yelling at you and six other idiots crying about their fish then it wouldn't even compare. The environment causes you to second guess yourself constantly. It seems that sometimes it's better to just put something up there to get him off your back for a couple of minutes. Otherwise he's just calling you a cow over and over again.

I watch this show too much...

mj1108

How to win Hell's Kitchen: Learn how to make/cook: Risotto, scallops, lamb, beef wellington, halibut, pasta.

You would think that after all of these seasons, these contestants would pick up on at least a few of these and have practiced them over and over and over to prepare.

Unfortunately with the way the reality shows are they are more concerned about drama than anything.

UberTag

I guarantee you Gordon has already decided that the final 2 will be Justin and Christina.
I'm not entirely sold on Justin. Granted, he's the only guy with a shot of making it to the finals but he's received a practically invisible edit most weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two women in the finals. And while nobody is talking about it, Barbie has quietly turned into a powerhouse on the meat station and is quietly seeing an uptick in her performance when Tiff isn't bickering with her. She's still the least likely of Christina's potential F2 opponents (behind Dana and Justin) but it wouldn't at all surprise me.

Everyone else is just fodder.

Trigger

How to win Hell's Kitchen: Learn how to make/cook: Risotto, scallops, lamb, beef wellington, halibut, pasta.

I'm 99% sure that anyone who can actually cook those things are weeded out in the early auditions. There is no Hell's Kitchen without burnt scallops and bland risotto.

Grinchy

Banned
lol the "fake outs" that they do on this show are so predictable. There's no way Clemenza thought he was actually going home.

This show is a guilty pleasure of mine so I try not to overthink it, but when you do process this show with your brain, it really seems stupid.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm not entirely sold on Justin. Granted, he's the only guy with a shot of making it to the finals but he's received a practically invisible edit most weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two women in the finals. And while nobody is talking about it, Barbie has quietly turned into a powerhouse on the meat station and is quietly seeing an uptick in her performance when Tiff isn't bickering with her. She's still the least likely of Christina's potential F2 opponents (behind Dana and Justin) but it wouldn't at all surprise me.

This is why I think he'll make it far or win. When people start getting a bunch of time it's often because they're about to get kicked off. I've only watched a couple seasons of this but the winners/finalists are almost always people who were not given much focus early in the season.

like said above, that's exactly why. Dude is all business. He is invisible in edits because there probably isn't anything to edit lol. He seems the most focused/prepared/not a screw up of the whole bunch.

Same goes for Christina on the girls end.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
lol the "fake outs" that they do on this show are so predictable. There's no way Clemenza thought he was actually going home.

This show is a guilty pleasure of mine so I try not to overthink it, but when you do process this show with your brain, it really seems stupid.

Every fucking time.

Contestant: "My dish is the best I'm so confident!"
Ramsay: "This shit sucks"

I can actually tell what the people are asked in the interview segments now.

Grinchy

Banned
To be fair to Barbie, Kimmie doesn't seem to do much work either. She just likes to complain.

I mean it's hard for us to tell with the way they edit things down, but Barbie seems to be pretty damn good compared to what everyone thought of her at the beginning. She could cook my meats any day.

RangersFan

4 for 4 just confirms Justin will make the finals and possibly win. Nona got 3 out of 4, survived the very mediocre remaining contestants, did nothing to really stand heads above the rest but wound up winning because of her "good" palette.

Lamel

Banned
I hate every whiny, bitchy, excuse-making, shit eating chef this season. Especially kimmy the fat fuck and robyn.

Prisonmike.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom