• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help !!! Recommend me one of the following

ourumov

The fact is that there are tons of releases coming and I am not very rich at the moment... I want to purchase 3 titles but economical limitations make me to have to choose between one of the 3. Here come the candidates:

1. Animal Forest. The PAL release of Animal Forest happened a few weeks ago. Actually I purchased GC just for this game but this was more than 2 years ago (I was a fool and thought it will come here very fast). The fact is that I have already played the game on N64 and loved it but now I don't have tons of hours to play so I don't think it's a good idea to get ....
2. Pikmin 2. Not yet released but it will come soon. I enjoyed a lot the first one and I consider it to be one of the best GC games and deffinitelly the best Nintendo game this gen. Problem: length...
3. Gradius V. I am shotemup fan and I can't miss this one. Awesome graphics and gameplay from what I've heard...

I want to hear your opinions, thanks.

8bit

Knows the Score
Pikmin 2 came out in Europe last week I thought? I'd go for that first, as it's probably going to remain fun and challenging for the longest out of the three.

Out of the 3..

2. PIkmin 2 is incredibly fun and well done. I can't say enough good things about it.

1. AC = get old fast in some ways and in others... not. How old are you? Age shouldn't matter but the simplicity and the stupid letter (typing business) makes it not so worth it. I should sell my copy soon

3. GV. I want this too so I won't dismiss it. This or Pikmin 2 but Pikmin 2 is VERY GOOD.

I'd go for either Pikmin 2 or GV.

Every aspect from Pikmin has been improved in Pikmin 2 and it is quite a bit longer, I have heard it can take upto 30-40hrs to complete it, definetely a competent candidate.

Gradius V is Gradius reinvented, and not a rehash as some people would say. There are no words to describe how well crafted the game is. Shmup bliss.

Prospero

Animal Crossing will get old fast if you don't have others to play with.

Pikmin 2 and Gradius V are both godly. Pikmin 2 is more of an intellectual head-scratcher and one of the best puzzle games since Lemmings, whereas Gradius V is a pure shot of adrenalin to the heart every single time you play. You can't go wrong with either.

Ranger X

Pikmin 2 and Gradius 5 are 2 godly games i own. You HAVE TO find a way the buy those two.

The lenght of Pikmin2 is alot better and there's no 30 days limit. 2 new kinds of Pikmins and 2 new modes (2 player battle and 2 player coop). The game rules.

Gradius 5 is shooting madness. You have alot of difficulty setting to get started and become very good. Graphic and sound is pure Treasure. The bosses kick some serious ass and i saw one returning from Lifeforce along with a remix of it's Lifeforce song -- it was total awesomeness. If you like classic shooters: GET.

Prospero said:
Animal Crossing will get old fast if you don't have others to play with.

Not only that but did I mention the LETTERS WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE

Letter

H O W A R E Y O U T O D A Y. I H A D A N I C E D A Y F I S H I N G. H E R E I S A G I F T F O R Y O U. G O O D B Y E

what the fuck are you on? I'm a 64 bit game with limited vocabulary. You are wack.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Never played Animal Crossing...and Pikmin 2 is a great game, but...

I've probably had more fun with Gradius V, mainly because of the great two-player mode. And yeah, it kicks ass in one-player mode too. I love the game, and I'm not even a shoot 'em up player normally. And you're saying you're a shoot 'em up fan? WTF, I only see one choice for you, my friend. ;)

Basically repeating what others have said but Gradius V is one of the best games I've played all year. One of the most polished games I've ever seen. Insanely difficult at times though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd go for pikmin 2 first.

If you want to be cynical, Gradius V is more likely to be relegated to bargain bins for £14.99 or less within a couple of weeks. As good as it is, some people will buy it and hate it.

Oh, and save some money for Donkey Konga, out on Friday.

I only have a US cube, and the shipping cost for the kongas is a lot, so I'm contemplating buyign a UK cube for that and pikmin 2, or just a freeloader if they are reliable.

Top Bottom