• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

killatopak

Gold Member
USB Support via vitashell is now released!

5hpVpnQl.jpg

update your vitashell via the internet or grab it off github

VitaTV is not supported.

WOOO

aitakute

Weird. It doesn't work for me. I installed Vitashell 1.5, plugged the Vita in with usb cable but nothing happens. I even go into Vitashell and press select but it only say "Please wait..."

MagicShadowZ

Neo Member
Weird. It doesn't work for me. I installed Vitashell 1.5, plugged the Vita in with usb cable but nothing happens. I even go into Vitashell and press select but it only say "Please wait..."

If you are on Windows, drivers might not be properly installed. Maybe try installing qcma 0.4.1 first and then try again (you could also reboot and/or try another usb port)

With dynarec on, I keep getting the occasional stutter in the gpSP core. Anyone know how to fix that stuttering? Tried Megaman Zero and Sonic Advance (FF VI Advance slows down incredibly as well.

Gamespawn

My Vita died overnight. Put it on the charger, orange light comes on. take it off and the indicator is dimly lit like its charging but it won't power on. even if i try the hard reset.

damnit...

My Vita died overnight. Put it on the charger, orange light comes on. take it off and the indicator is dimly lit like its charging but it won't power on. even if i try the hard reset.

damnit...

1000? Try opening it up, disconnecting the battery for about 10~ seconds, and then putting it back together. I had an issue once where the calibration was messed up or something, leading to funky battery readings, shorter life, and then eventually it not turning on at all as you described. For whatever reason, this fixed it.

gpSP has games stutter every 5-10 seconds or so (lasts about half a second) with dynamic recompiler (dynarec), anyone know why or how to circumvent it?

Also, does FFVIA just outright not work for anyone else? (Admittedly I patched my game...)

Edit: Vitashell is a program that manages the files you have on your Vita's memory card. It's like Windows Explorer or Finder on Mac.

Taruranto

gpSP has games stutter every 5-10 seconds or so (lasts about half a second) with dynamic recompiler (dynarec), anyone know why or how to circumvent it?

Also, does FFVIA just outright not work for anyone else? (Admittedly I patched my game...)

Edit: Vitashell is a program that manages the files you have on your Vita's memory card. It's like Windows Explorer or Finder on Mac.

I don't think gpSP works very well, at least for the more intensive games (GS for example is a nightmare). There are like 5 versions of it floating around tho', so you may want to try your luck. A lot of PSP emulators are quite meh in general I noticed. (Either because of the PSP limitations or because the developers stopped working on it)

I gave up on Vita GBA emulation and just used my 3DS for that.

RalchAC

I have a question. I'm itching to buy World of Final Fantasy, problem being the fact that you need to download the patch 1.01 in order to download the characters voices. I've been looking up if there was any workaround to patch the game while being on 3.60. And, while I didn't found an explanation, it seems the pirated copies around the Internet have managed to patch the game.

So, what should I do to patch MY copy? Is there any link with the patch? I'm not going to be able to patch the game and play from the card right?

I'd love to know if I can patch WoFF before I buy it.

Korezo

Install the Amphetamine plugin, dump the game you want to OC with Maidumptool, launch the game and hold 'Select' after the initial wallpaper has disappeared.

How do I dump a game that has been updated and has dlc installed ? I started playing world of ff again and would love to continue my play through with better performance. Spent hours and don't know how to do it, I want to do it off my cartridge and downloads not by downloading files off the web. Don't want to do something and delete my save file.

Taruranto

I have a question. I'm itching to buy World of Final Fantasy, problem being the fact that you need to download the patch 1.01 in order to download the characters voices. I've been looking up if there was any workaround to patch the game while being on 3.60. And, while I didn't found an explanation, it seems the pirated copies around the Internet have managed to patch the game.

So, what should I do to patch MY copy? Is there any link with the patch? I'm not going to be able to patch the game and play from the card right?

I'd love to know if I can patch WoFF before I buy it.

If you are worried about wasting money you can 100% play it with Henkaku with voices and DLC, I know because I did it, Japanese voices and all. There are various tutorials online. IIrc it took me a bit of tries to get them to work however, but it was months ago.

What I don't know, it's if you can do what without dumping the game.

RalchAC

If you are worried about wasting money you can 100% play it with Henkaku with voices and DLC, I know because I did it, Japanese voices and all. There are various tutorials online. IIrc it took me a bit of tries to get them to work however, but it was months ago.

What I don't know, it's if you can do what without dumping the game.

I wouldn't mind dumping the game, although I haven't done it before.

Basically I should dump the game, and look for a tutorial to install patches, right?

Taruranto

I wouldn't mind dumping the game, although I haven't done it before.

Basically I should dump the game, and look for a tutorial to install patches, right?

Pretty much it was something like

1) Dump the game, download separately patch + voices.
2) Put all the folders in MAI folder
3) Install game>patch>voices
4) Switch loading mode to 5 and 6.

But there are more accurate tutorials online. Just be sure you can find the right patch for the version you plan to buy. (I think EU and NA are different?)

My point is: You can play WoFF with voices on Henkaku. I'm just don't remember how to do it lol.

morch

I found my old vita 3g oled on 3.5x something and put it up to 3.60 and put henkaku on it, great, i thought i would miss psn but not too much on this...

i also have a ps tv at 3.63 and a spare slim vita at 3.60, is there anyway to remove whitelist from pstv using my spare 3.60 vita?

Shaneus

I wish MAME ran better :/ Majority of stuff either runs like shit or not at all. How in the fuck does Out Run run like arse on a Vita?!?

Kilau

So, if I am not interested in emulators or game backups, is there anything else I can do with this?

For example save editing for cheats?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Reminds me: I tried to dump my CoD cart to the memory card and Maidump said it did it, but I don't see a second icon anywhere for it? The dump isn't in the Mai folder of UX0:/?

RalchAC

So... yesterday I updated everything and went all in with Henkaku.

- Installed the latest version of Vitashell. Mass USB storage is amazing.
- Installed Adrenaline using my digital copy of Breath of Fire III.
- Installed Retroarch 1.4.
- Installed MaiDumpTool, although I haven't tried it yet. I'll try it soon though.

Is there any way to dump PSP retail games without... well, the real thing? I sold my PSP to GameStop when I bought my Vita because my fatty was starting to fail at random times. It was working perfectly when the GS employee tried it though.

killatopak

Gold Member
I found my old vita 3g oled on 3.5x something and put it up to 3.60 and put henkaku on it, great, i thought i would miss psn but not too much on this...

i also have a ps tv at 3.63 and a spare slim vita at 3.60, is there anyway to remove whitelist from pstv using my spare 3.60 vita?

No other way to remove whitelist while still using the latest version.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone have the problem where downloaded patches for retail games aren't installing on game startup? They kinda stopped a while back even though I've got a long list of "waiting to install" in notifications.

I played a bit of Soundvoyager on mGBA and did get some sound artefacts. Mostly resolved by pausing and restarting the emulator. Easy enough on triangle. I might try retroarch to see if it's any better. Really pleasant to get some extra value from the system.

Catvoca

Banned
Has there been any ban reported while using the same PSN profile on the Vita with Henkaku and then going online with a PS3 or PS4?

No, I don't think there's any evidence that anyone has been banned for using this exploit. You can't access PSN anymore anyway on 3.60 right? so it's kind of a non-issue now.

Has there been any ban reported while using the same PSN profile on the Vita with Henkaku and then going online with a PS3 or PS4?
Unless something happened recently (i haven't been following the community very closely), there have been no henkaku-related bans of any kind.

No, I don't think there's any evidence that anyone has been banned for using this exploit. You can't access PSN anymore anyway on 3.60 right? so it's kind of a non-issue now.
Yep, but I meant when you go online with the same profile in a PS3 or PS4.

Unless something happened recently (i haven't been following the community very closely), there have been no henkaku-related bans of any kind.
I knew that Sony gave on the Vita but not as far as not trying that hah.

Thanks for the answers!

I knew that Sony gave on the Vita but not as far as not trying that hah.
afaik, sony wasn't very active in banning people using homebrew on ps3 or psp, either, unless they were doing something malicious online. Someone just playing emulators or something i dont think ever really ran the risk of getting banned.
Oh shiiit.

Can we ever expect DS emulation?
DS emulation is a weird beast because basically every project is a mess and there isn't any sort of singular project people are devoted to. Even PC DS emulation is pretty bunk. But if you mean "can the vita feasibly run a DS emulator"? Probably.

I'm more interesting in N64, improvements to PS1/PSP, and MAME.

afaik, sony wasn't very active in banning people using homebrew on ps3 or psp, either, unless they were doing something malicious online. Someone just playing emulators or something i dont think ever really ran the risk of getting banned.

DS emulation is a weird beast because basically every project is a mess and there isn't any sort of singular project people are devoted to. Even PC DS emulation is pretty bunk. But if you mean "can the vita feasibly run a DS emulator"? Probably.

I'm more interesting in N64, improvements to PS1/PSP, and MAME.

I dunno , there's the physical issue of screen real estate for the Dual Screens. Most games aren't designed to be played with the screens side by side and the Vita definitely is not designed to be played on its side.

I dunno , there's the physical issue of screen real estate for the Dual Screens. Most games aren't designed to be played with the screens side by side and the Vita definitely is not designed to be played on its side.
there are GBA games that are designed to be played with a light sensor and yet... we find a way.

Producer

I dont think DS emulation would happen on vita. Probably a mixture of difficulty and dev interest. A 3ds is the best option for portable ds playing

Top Bottom