• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AFAIK, you're able to download patches. you might be able to use the adrenaline-accessed psp store to download PSP/PS1 titles.

How do I install Adrenaline? My understanding is that it requires a PSP game or demo on my Vita, which I can't get because I can't connect to PSN. Also isn't the PSN Store on PSP totally disabled now? Didn't it shut down like 6 months ago?

Belickade

Neo Member
How do I install Adrenaline? My understanding is that it requires a PSP game or demo on my Vita, which I can't get because I can't connect to PSN. Also isn't the PSN Store on PSP totally disabled now? Didn't it shut down like 6 months ago?

You can get a PSP demo on your Vita if you have access to a PS3. I followed the tutorial linked below on 2 Vita systems this past week, so I can confirm this method is still working.

http://www.guidingtech.com/33939/transfer-games-hacked-ps-vita/

khaaan

Can I put in a memory card from my Vita (which has the latest fw) into my PSTV which is currently at 3.53? I'm going on a trip and I'd like to take the PSTV with me but I'm still undecided as to whether I want to hack it or not. I won't be connecting the PSTV to the internet while I'm there as I already have the games I want installed onto the device.

Belickade

Neo Member
Can I put in a memory card from my Vita (which has the latest fw) into my PSTV which is currently at 3.53? I'm going on a trip and I'd like to take the PSTV with me but I'm still undecided as to whether I want to hack it or not. I won't be connecting the PSTV to the internet while I'm there as I already have the games I want installed onto the device.

If both were on the same Firmware and linked to the same PSN account, yes. Since your Vita and PSTV are on different firmware versions, you are out of luck unless you update the PSTV; losing access to Henkaku.

Right, I wasn't thinking about that.

There's this: http://wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

but it has the obvious drawback is it can fuck up your unit.

Looks like a PS3 is the way to get what you need, if you or a friend has one.

jackal27

Banned
Ugh I got some Vita games on sale and I hate that I can't download them. I don't own a PS3 either... I think I'm about to hop off the Henkaku train. Especially since I'm planning to buy a GPD XD and I already own a Shield portable that can emulate PSP and PSOne games...

Trogdor1123

Hi folks, is the mod permanent yet? I was looking to do my pstv to monkey around with it. I'm a total noob to this but I haven't touch my pstv in months so figured I might try.

Thanks

Lime

Ugh I got some Vita games on sale and I hate that I can't download them. I don't own a PS3 either... I think I'm about to hop off the Henkaku train. Especially since I'm planning to buy a GPD XD and I already own a Shield portable that can emulate PSP and PSOne games...

Once you hop off you can never come back. I'd suggest to borrow a friend's PS3 or get a cheap used one.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hi folks, is the mod permanent yet? I was looking to do my pstv to monkey around with it. I'm a total noob to this but I haven't touch my pstv in months so figured I might try.

Thanks

No, not yet (if ever). But there's an offline installer and the online installer is now really stable.

SURGEdude

PS3 install is the easiest option. I'm guessing, though it might be presumptuous that you have a PS3 as a mod.

Otherwise do you know anyone with a Vita? They can pass you a demo legally via card.

mrsmr2

Does the QCMA swap still work?

I tried this morning using QCMA 0.4.1 and a fresh boot of the vita. I was able to copy a video from the PS3 to the vita but the game "Xeodrifter Vita Demo" that I'd recently downloaded produced an "error occurred" error and would not copy. I was signed into PSN on the PS3, and the vita had wifi turned off.

Yesterday, I did a recovery mode "rebuild database" so whether that affected its internal PSN association/licence I'm not sure. My PSN games still run - albeit with the "please wait" message the first time I run them.

horkrux

I tried this morning using QCMA 0.4.1 and a fresh boot of the vita. I was able to copy a video from the PS3 to the vita but the game "Xeodrifter Vita Demo" that I'd recently downloaded produced an "error occurred" error and would not copy. I was signed into PSN on the PS3, and the vita had wifi turned off.

Yesterday, I did a recovery mode "rebuild database" so whether that affected its internal PSN association/licence I'm not sure. My PSN games still run - albeit with the "please wait" message the first time I run them.

It still works, but you need to disable 2FA to do the transfer

It still works just fine, I just did it a few days ago with the PS Plus Vita Games. Sometimes I get errors if I try to copy more than one game at a time to the Vita from my PS3 (sometimes I dont).

You could try rebooting the PS3. Also, on your PC, make sure that Sony's Content Manager for vita isn't running in the background. Close that first. Then close QCMA and reopen QCMA. Then plug in your vita to your PC which is in Airplane Mode. Once you are connected to your PC, pull the plug out of the computer and go plug it into your PS3. See if that helps at all.

Sony's Content Manager seems to install itself sometimes from the Vita or something. It messes up the QCMA trick if it is running.

EDIT: The 2 Factor must be turned off or you will always get an error. Horkrux is spot on with that.

Lime

QMCA swap works, but if you are on two factor authentication, you will receive an error when copying the game from your PS3 to your Vita. Disable 2 factor temporarily then transfer the Vita games you need via the swap, and then re-enable 2-factor authentification.

I had the same problem and I couldn't understand why the swap suddenly no longer worked.

jackal27

Banned
Once you hop off you can never come back. I'd suggest to borrow a friend's PS3 or get a cheap used one.

It is definitely not worth it to me to buy a a used PS3 to play some choppy emulators I already have running better on other portable hardware. I also don't know anyone with a working PS3 anymore. All of my friends' broke or they sold them. Really sucks.

I'm still confused though. Why will 3.60 be the only version to ever have Henkaku? What happens when sony stops updating the Vita for good and someone finds another exploit?

RalchAC

It is definitely not worth it to me to buy a a used PS3 to play some choppy emulators I already have running better on other portable hardware. I also don't know anyone with a working PS3 anymore. All of my friends' broke or they sold them. Really sucks.

I'm still confused though. Why will 3.60 be the only version to ever have Henkaku? What happens when sony stops updating the Vita for good and someone finds another exploit?

The thing is that the Vita has some really, really good security measures. The guys who discovered Henkaku has praised the system. So, once they got a permanent solution, they've decided they would rather focus on what they have rather than trying to find new exploits.

In any case, a new exploit could be found in the future. I think part of the reason why TaiHEN exists is to allow Henkaku to be easily portable to future firmware exploits in case they exist. So people don't have to start from 0 if somebody finds a backdoor in 3.63.

jackal27

Banned
The thing is that the Vita has some really, really good security measures. The guys who discovered Henkaku has praised the system. So, once they got a permanent solution, they've decided they would rather focus on what they have rather than trying to find new exploits.

In any case, a new exploit could be found in the future. I think part of the reason why TaiHEN exists is to allow Henkaku to be easily portable to future firmware exploits in case they exist. So people don't have to start from 0 if somebody finds a backdoor in 3.63.
Hm interesting. If I could access PSN it wouldn't even be a question for me, but with how small the cards are I can't even switch to the games I already own

Sakujou

Banned
Hm interesting. If I could access PSN it wouldn't even be a question for me, but with how small the cards are I can't even switch to the games I already own

same here. the whole problem with the size of the memory cards and the atrocious prices just make my blood boil.
since the ps vita is already dead, sony wont be interested in lowering the prices and no one out there would dare to try to produce knockoffs, since the market for it is too small.

i would buy a 64gb/128gb for 50dollars in a heartbeat, but 64gb are more than 100dollars, which simply insane.
we now have 1tb as a sd card, so where is the fucking problem to lower prices... :(

the psp demo trick downloaded from the internet does not work for me.

i tried to use it with my playstation plus psp game patapon 3. it didnt work for me.
i think the whole problem is the fact, that the game has a timer included, and that its maybe bigger than 128mb?(someone wrote that somewhere)
so i couldnt start playing my backups :/

i also have problems with some of the latest psvita games=volume does run poorly and once you push the home-button, the game crashes(its not a iso or whatever, its the game downloaded legit from PSN)
could someone tell me, if the game is just poorly programed, or is it henkaku's fault?

Cross posting from the World of Final Fantasy thread. Games on sale for $20 (GameStop, Amazon) but I believe it requires 3.61 and a day one patch for audio voices. Anyone know how easy it'd be to try to work around to get it working if I have Henkaku installed. I haven't dabbled with homebrew since fall of last year when I got RetroArch on it....pretty noobie.

Taruranto

You can however play WoFF on your Vita with Henkaku, there are workarounds for that specific game. Look them up.

(They don't work for a digital copy however IIRC)

News to me. Sounds interesting, though. I imagine we'll see a number of games that were released in Japan not requiring new firnwares get work around as well, even if it's just installing a patch with the English translation like setsuna.

Taruranto

I would assume, IIRC WoFF works by replacing some files that gets updated to 3.61 with the 3.60 version from the base version.

I wouldn't be surprised if games like Xanadu and Calligula could be bypassed that way to but don't quote me on that. :p

I would assume, IIRC WoFF works by replacing some files that gets updated to 3.61 with the 3.60 version from the base version.

I wouldn't be surprised if games like Xanadu and Calligula could be bypassed that way to but don't quote me on that. :p

I'm praying for the falcom games to have a solution, since they're the only vita games announced/unlocalized right now that I'm really pumped for that I don't fully expect to be exclusive to the higher firmwares universally.

Chesskid1

Banned
USB Support via vitashell is now released!

5hpVpnQl.jpg

update your vitashell via the internet or grab it off github

VitaTV is not supported.

Please pray for USB mass storage for PS TVs.

That said, I'm glad all the regular Vita owners using Henkaku get this present. CMA and FTP are the worst.

OOOOH SHIETTTT FUCKING MEGATON

Why'd this have to get released on the same day as Danganronpa V3? DR is one of my favorite series and being unable to play it is killing me as I'll have to choose between it and HENkaku ;_;)
It'll probably be on pc at some point if you can hold out.

Owari

Will this process work with a fully updated PSTV? I have digital games I'm trying to get on my 3.6 Vita but no access to a PS3.

Qcma trick to download the games to the ps3 and transfer them to the vita

http://www.guidingtech.com/33939/transfer-games-hacked-ps-vita/

Quoting for new page. Please help! I have a hacked vita, a hacked vita tv, and a nonhacked vita tv. Can I get new purchases from the non hacked vitatv to the hacked vita somehow?

The thing is my PSTV is on an alt account, I haven't been on it for months and this new update has perked my interest.... I kept my Vita on 3.60 but have done literally nothing to it. I have years of PS+ subs stacked up and hundreds of PS+ games on PS3 and PS4. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't wanna get my account screwed over just playing my PSP (OUTRUN 2006 COME ON) and snes games on Vita, lol. I'm really tempted though and if I could just sign out and do all this, I would in a heart beat.

Top Bottom