• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Sotha Sil

The TF team seems insanely overpowered...

That's what I thought at first, but Robot usually manages to balance the teams (with a few tweaks here and there after release if need be). I guess (hope) their awesome abilities will be offset by a few drawbacks.

Really excited about this, by the way. I'll probably challenge a few of you later today! :)

(Hope you find a way to get the new team, Benjamin!)

I'll download the game on Steam tonight if anyone wants to play. Also not sure how getting the team on iPhone works but I guess we'll figure it out. Is there anything on the dev's website yet? Office Nazis have it blocked like we're all children.

colinp

Banned
Do we know how much it'll cost on Steam? Finding it hard to justify a buy since I will exclusively be playing it on the iPhone and I just want the new team!

Argh, really frustrating.

Do we know how much it'll cost on Steam? Finding it hard to justify a buy since I will exclusively be playing it on the iPhone and I just want the new team!

Argh, really frustrating.

Try having to Skype with your friend across the country while he logs into Steam on his computer with your ID and then launching HA with --

Christ I'm bored and frustrated already.

Unlocks on Steam in 2 hours. Still no price. I might put Steam on my work computer just to download this game, unlock the team on iOS, and then delete Steam. Really wish they'd support OS X.

Edit: Tried to get all that set up and I can't login to Steam, get an error about connecting to the servers. I guess the IT guys have the ports blocked so we can't play games on our work computers. Figures. Back to the drawing board to figure out how to get this team.

If you all didn't notice, you can play with the TF2 team right now in the Challenges section. They have 7 challenges.

The team is not as overpowered as thought. A LOT of them have really weak attacks (100 damage) that ramp up over time. Their ability to regain action points is super awesome though.

Edit: Looks like the Steam release might be delayed. The Steam website is now saying it unlocks in 13 hours, on August 9th.

Edit 2: Now it says 1 hour. What the heck is going on!?

Sotha Sil

If you all didn't notice, you can play with the TF2 team right now in the Challenges section. They have 7 challenges.

The team is not as overpowered as thought. A LOT of them have really weak attacks (100 damage) that ramp up over time. Their ability to regain action points is super awesome though.

Edit: Looks like the Steam release might be delayed. The Steam website is now saying it unlocks in 13 hours, on August 9th.

Edit 2: Now it says 1 hour. What the heck is going on!?

Yeah, it says 13 hours now... Dammit.

This is madness, man! Can't you find a PC, anywhere? :(

Not one I'd want to log into Steam on lol

I'm trying to work something out with a friend of mine, we'll see. I have to find someone I can actually trust to log into Steam with my account and buy the game and then start Hero Academy and log in.

But yeah, no one I know in real life in my vicinity has a PC, no.

But hey, don't worry!

"it's something we've talked about looking into at a future date."

: |

So I bought the game on Steam and I'm up for some matches with noobs (since I'm practically a beginner as well). If you're interested, add me, name is "glassrebel" without quotation marks.

Naka

Well, it's out now (5€). Just insta-gained a truckload of Steam achievements. Who's up for a game?

I'm up for one. I think it's your turn to start the game. I'm playing a game with a co-worker and we are both using the TF2 team. It's going to take some getting use to with all the different abilities they have.

So how do I get the TF team on my iphone now???
Once you buy the game on steam and login to your Hero Academy account you should have access to them on iOS. They didn't show up at first for me, so I forced closed the app and when I came back I could start games with them.

Uuuhhhgghgggg this needs support on the mac, NOW. I'm dying to play on the big screen. How do the load times and log in compare to the iphone version? I bet it's super fast :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Sorry to double post, but just wanted to report the game crashes automatically on Steam when I start it. Waiting to hear back from Robot Entertainment on Twitter for help.

Just noticed that if you switch to one of the "joke" TF2 avatars, it also changed the costumes on the team. Rad.

Start a game with me. I need more TF2 matched. StrikerObi

Naka

I must say it's nice to have this on my computer when I'm sitting here browsing GAF or playing WoW. Definitely worth the 5 bucks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With the new team out and my initial SW-binge not too hardcore anymore, I'm now ready to take some turns/start new matches again after not doing anything for 2 months, sorry about that :p (also, my classes just ended).

I'll send out some invites to people in my recent history soon, if you wanna play hit me up at Smiley90, I have all the teams...

YES!!!

Coast to coast pow wow with my PC-having friend got it all sorted out. Bought it on my Mac and installed it on his PC. I am sitting on Team Fortress rims.

sep

I'm enjoying this game a lot, but I don't think the steam environment is an optimal place for this kind of games, especially with notifications being in-game only.
A chrome app would kill it, imho.

jediyoshi

Been playing this like mad on Steam.

Part of me wishes this were just a browser game that could be played in the steam client. Then also tie notifications to steam notifications or had a separate program running in the background for alerts.

Been playing this like mad on Steam.

Part of me wishes this were just a browser game that could be played in the steam client. Then also tie notifications to steam notifications or had a separate program running in the background for alerts.

If your name is the same there as here, I just started a match with you (I'm KidInsomnia). Gotta rep the Gravity Falls heads.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Cot damn, SothaSil with a TF squad is like giving a sniper a Nuclear Warhead. Most dangerous thing on Earth.
Once I'm finished my current game with SothaSil, I'll most likely have the bombed dropped on me. :(
The Spy is insane. Maybe the most dangerous character across all classes.
Yes, I'm starting to feel the same. Not being able to be attacked at range + massive damage from behind is a deadly combo.

Top Bottom