• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Well in that case if you install the iPhone version on your iPad, you should be able to "restore purchases" (or is it "check for purchases"?) to make sure all your IAPs are in the iPad version.

Purchases are tied to your HA account, so you just need to login with that. Had to set a password from their website.

Lol wtf! Didn't even know you could win by depleting all enemies on board...all my victories/loss have been crystal destroys.

EDIT: Wait nvm? Deplete all units =/= enemies on board?

Valru! that was close I was down to my last units and I thought for sure you were going to dominate my last few guys!

Round 3! I am going to try humans again.

heringer

Thread title should be updated to "It's not 'Take All Day to Put in Your Turn Academy'".. Had the game for less than an hour and I already hate these slow as fuck random players.

It's an asynchronous multiplayer game. Taking your time to play is kinda the point of the game.

Just play multiple matches and you will always have something to do. Or play with gaffers that are willing to play a quick game.

Wow, I'm really impressed with this game. Couple improvements I'd like to see made:

- Gamecenter integration
- Game audio wont cut out the music app.

colinp

Banned
Yeah I'm doing that now. I hope the game auto forfeits the other player if they take too long.

This is a terrible idea if it is anything less than 24-48 hours. With iPhones you can be playing people half way around the world and some of us have jobs that do not allow us to play during the work day.

Gaspode_T

I play on the iPad that stays at home while I'm at work. Async games are not "OMG must finish in 24 hours" or if you want that sort of experience you should definitely request Quick Match. 99% of the Carcassonne games I have going take weeks to finish because most people only make a move or two per day.

vesp

This shit is fantastic.

It does need (optional) turn duration flags with a game browser ala ascension, player stat tracking, and universal support but even without it is awesome and already ranks amongst my favorites. I'm pretty surprised they didn't start with an Orc team but that dwarf art makes me happy.

I wish that forthcoming jailbreak would hurry up really fiending for retina pad for this, ash, and dungeon raid.

Wrekt

HeroAcademy.PNG

Jako

My god just had a amazing game against Jako.

Down to the last men and pixels of health between it.

Lucky I was able to push his guy away with my Solider and stand on a shield square so he would be one move short to kill me ;)

That game was epic!

I'm having a great time so far

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The game stopping background music is really killing me. I'm playing less since I can't listen to my music or podcasts. They better fix that fast.

Wrekt

Council >>>>>>>> Dark Elves

There is nothing quite like teleporting in an upgraded Ninja, 2 shotting a unit, stomping out their corpse, then teleporting in a fully upgraded Knight.

Wrekt

Found a pretty shitty bug.

I finished a match with Jako (gg btw) where I destroyed his crystal. I set my phone down for a few minutes and he rematched me. The game remains in my active games and when I access it, it shows me destroying his crystal and then I get a message saying I lost. No matter what I do from there, the game remains in my active games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's New in Version 1.0.2

• Expanded Training including a Master's Class Video!
• Doubled maximum active games limit to 40
• Chat and news badges more visible
• Skip full-screen ads as soon as they load
• Stability fix

No background music, bah

Gowans

• Stability fix

No background music, bah

Nice to see an update already.

Hopefully ability to turn music off n have sound effects and to let your ipod music/podcasts play will be in the next one.

eznark

Banned

• Stability fix

No background music, bah

I don't see how a game can ship without that. I certainly don't see how a game can get a patch that doesn't include it. What is this, Trism 1.0?

Pastry

Banned
Got the elves, I like them so far I don't think I'm used to them yet though. How many corpses can the wraith eat? Is there a limit?

I would love to see a GAF tournament happen sometime. I'm pretty much only playing people from GAF anyway.

Talon

Got the elves, I like them so far I don't think I'm used to them yet though. How many corpses can the wraith eat? Is there a limit?

I would love to see a GAF tournament happen sometime. I'm pretty much only playing people from GAF anyway.

I think it's 3. I pimped out my wraith and then got too ballsy with it.

This game is perfect for the platform. If they could nail down persistent unlocks, this could be crack.

robox

just played and won my first game. via crystal destruction. nyahaha. granted there was only one crystal.

at one point, i was alternating between 2 games in rapid succession, which was pretty cool. now waiting on this second game, but i'm leading in crystal unit count and field coverage. not saying i'm a good strategist, just that when the user name is blahblah96 kinda tips me off.

#addme crinale

Cheech

Found a pretty shitty bug.

I finished a match with Jako (gg btw) where I destroyed his crystal. I set my phone down for a few minutes and he rematched me. The game remains in my active games and when I access it, it shows me destroying his crystal and then I get a message saying I lost. No matter what I do from there, the game remains in my active games.

Yeah, just hit the little cog in the game screen (upper left hand corner), and select "Delete". Boom.

Top Bottom