• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Jako

Found a pretty shitty bug.

I finished a match with Jako (gg btw) where I destroyed his crystal. I set my phone down for a few minutes and he rematched me. The game remains in my active games and when I access it, it shows me destroying his crystal and then I get a message saying I lost. No matter what I do from there, the game remains in my active games.

Oh yeah, happened to me too...I had to delete the game as Cheech said.

gg

TechSamurai

Neo Member
Just a (bad) workaround for the no music/podcasts issue:

Turned off the sounds and once the game launches hit the home button twice and start your (already paused) podcast/music.

Again not a good solution, but better than nothing...at least until they hopefully fix it.

Tobor

Jako, that was a great match. Could have gone either way. I couldn't believe I had enough moves to get the healer in, revive the fighter, and take out the crystal!

Jako

Jako, that was a great match. Could have gone either way. I couldn't believe I had enough moves to get the healer in, revive the fighter, and take out the crystal!

I didn't think you could do that in one turn! Great game!

DIRTY-D

For those who did not catch the Master Class video:Dwarves

New-Hero-Academy-Team.jpg

Pastry

Banned
For those who did not catch the Master Class video:Dwarves

New-Hero-Academy-Team.jpg

“We are almost done with the third team and have begun tech work on the fourth, and so far the playtest results have been very positive,” Szymanski said. “We want to be a little careful with how quickly we change up the formula for future teams, but we also want to make them feel very different from one another while remaining balanced.”

http://thriftynerd.com/2012/01/interview-the-making-of-hero-academy/

I'm excited to see what they have in store for the future, I can see myself playing this for a while.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Come get some, GAF! I'm currently 4-3 in finished matches, but I think I'm winning or neutral in my current 9 games running. Took me a few games to figure out the play mechanics, but I think I've got the general idea down now. Username: Eggo

Me and Sothas' match is absolutely crazy right now. Down to the end of the wire.

nFB5L.jpg

3 medics VS 2 fighters + Impaler

EDIT: GG Sotha. Death by crystal, medics win. Epic match.

Sotha Sil

Me and Sothas' match is absolutely crazy right now. Down to the end of the wire.

Holy shit, Foxdie, I was about to mention it. So damn intense. I was almost certain I was going to lose this time. Your strategy was impressive. The whole archer vs. necromancer phase pretty much felt like a war of trenches; great experience.

snorggy

the interrupting music thing happened to me earlier today and suddenly i can listen to music/podcasts again... not sure how or why.

regardless, this game is pretty awesome... constantly checking my phone to see if anyone's made their moves.

Xemu

I hope you enjoyed your little rebellion, irritant. But remember, what SHODAN gives she is more than able to take away.
That audio thing is just a bug. Sorry! Good news is that we're fixing it. :)

We just put up a FAQ (an FAQ?) that mentions this and a few other things:

6. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LISTEN TO MY MUSIC WHILE PLAYING?
A. This is a known bug that has been fixed and will be included in a future update. In the meantime, there is a work around. Be sure that Hero Academy is closed completely (remove it from your active task bar). With your music already playing, relaunch the HA app and your music will continue to play while you play the game.

http://www.robotentertainment.com/forum/topic/Hero-Academy-FAQ

That audio thing is just a bug. Sorry! Good news is that we're fixing it. :)

"we"? :eek:

In other news, I got all my iPhone owning friends into this game. They've gone rampant on IAPs. Now I can't put my iPhone down without a new turn appearing within 5 minutes.

nFB5L.jpg

My first game with Sotha Sil wasepic as well. Came down to literally the very last turn. Insane. I won, but got waxed in the rematch.

Dwarves look awesome. I'm looking at those drawings, does it seem like they might not even have a healer unit? They have a gunner, a rocket guy, a bomber, a dude with axes, and both a male and female with a hammer. I assume that the hammer characters are actually magic casters, so maybe one of them is the healer. Also, BEER. I wonder what that does?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
a bunch of us Insomniacs have been playing. I've been wrecking folks pretty good, but Ted and I have had a couple epic matches, one where he somehow managed to come back and beat me in epic fashion after I dominated the early game. I think I'm something like 25-5 now... but who knows without exact stat tracking. I've definitely won far more than I've lost.

easily my favorite iOS game right now, my biggest complaint is with how fast it drains the battery - high praise :)

Orgun

Has anyone been to connect to a game over the weekend? I've got 10 games waiting for me to make a turn and I can't connect.

zoukka

Why the fuck doesn't the game accept my nick suggestions???

Seems like my game is just fucking borked, it just doesn't accept any nick suggestions. I've already connected to the server, but I can't get past the nick creation. So retarded.

Shaneus

I've gotta start adding more people here... got my arse handed to me by Mr. Fox in my first match, looking like I'm good for the second but he hasn't played on for a day or two :( Expect some random requests tonight from a lonely Aussie, folks!

Sotha Sil

My first game with Sotha Sil wasepic as well. Came down to literally the very last turn. Insane. I won, but got waxed in the rematch.

Dwarves look awesome. I'm looking at those drawings, does it seem like they might not even have a healer unit? They have a gunner, a rocket guy, a bomber, a dude with axes, and both a male and female with a hammer. I assume that the hammer characters are actually magic casters, so maybe one of them is the healer. Also, BEER. I wonder what that does?
Haha, yeah. I only play with Gafers, and you guys are pretty damn good.

Feel free to invite me, newcomers! (sothaSil)

Pastry

Banned
Do y'all try and destroy the crystals, play defensive and try and wipe them out while protecting your crystals or a combo of both? I have had mixed successes with both strategies. I feel like I have probably won more often by killing the whole team rather than the crystals though.

Oh my god, I'd been sitting on a Ninja as my last item left, I bring it out, kill one of Sotha's dudes and am like "HA HA!!"

He drops like THREE WHOLE CHARACTERS AND BUFFS OUT OF HIS INVENTORY.

SayItWithMe

Neo Member
Do y'all try and destroy the crystals, play defensive and try and wipe them out while protecting your crystals or a combo of both? I have had mixed successes with both strategies. I feel like I have probably won more often by killing the whole team rather than the crystals though.

Weve had great games that seem to go to the wire. Its hard to kill the crystals when our defenses dont allow it. So it seems to be kill the other players till someone wins. hah

Sotha Sil

Oh my god, I'd been sitting on a Ninja as my last item left, I bring it out, kill one of Sotha's dudes and am like "HA HA!!"

He drops like THREE WHOLE CHARACTERS AND BUFFS OUT OF HIS INVENTORY.
Ha! Yeah, when a game has been going on for a whole day (or more), it's hard to remember what's left in store, hehe. You can tap on your opponent's portrait to find out how many tiles he's got left, though, which can be helpful!

Top Bottom