• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Conceptor

Tomat said:
Fuuuudge, I still have so many issues in this game. My initiation is terrible (was in League too, not too surprised by this), I have serious issues keeping up in level most games which can really hinder the team late game. My GPM is never that good, but I think it may be improving a little bit.

Torturer is probably my favorite hero right now. Still trying to get his stun right.

For the record, I saw you land some pretty good stuns that one Tort game you played last night!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Conceptor said:
For the record, I saw you land some pretty good stuns that one Tort game you played last night!

Thanks. Last night I was happy with my Torturer play in both wins and losses (save for one game I think). Tonight was just a bad night for me. I still have a tendency to lose sight of my character mid fight too.

TUSR

Banned
Halycon said:
Rage quitting is pretty much the epitome of salt isn't it?
Bitching at team mates in a IH game for fun is the epitome of salt.

Tomat said:
Fuuuudge, I still have so many issues in this game. My initiation is terrible (was in League too, not too surprised by this), I have serious issues keeping up in level most games which can really hinder the team late game. My GPM is never that good, but I think it may be improving a little bit.

Torturer is probably my favorite hero right now. Still trying to get his stun right.
Just stun timing, learn the delay. The more you use him the better, hes such a good hero.

Guesong

-The current Free Heroes have changed. The current available list is:

* Monkey King
* Emerald Warden
* Nomad
* Defiler
* Blood Hunter
* Forsaken Archer
* Legionnaire
* Pestilence
* Engineer
* Witch Slayer
* Torturer
* Rampage
* Martyr
* Accursed
* Andromeda

- The Friends List limit has been increased from 100 to 250
- Login and Server stability increased significantly
- Added more Log information for servers and failed connections
- Fixed a server crash

- New Alt Avatar: Logger Legionnaire

That's a pretty horrible list for azuki lol.

So next week Ctulhuphant is supposed to be the new free hero...so I assume another new hero will take up Geomancer's spot in the store. Probably the Dryad that Nome has been blogging about?

Speaking of said Dryad, it's another hero with a swap-set of skills like Master of Arms. Nome, what's the logic behind that when she could very well be 2 heroes altogether, since the way I understand it from the blog, you can't itemize her for both of her forms at the same time.

Nome

Guesong said:
That's a pretty horrible list for azuki lol.

So next week Ctulhuphant is supposed to be the new free hero...so I assume another new hero will take up Geomancer's spot in the store. Probably the Dryad that Nome has been blogging about?

Speaking of said Dryad, it's another hero with a swap-set of skills like Master of Arms. Nome, what's the logic behind that when she could very well be 2 heroes altogether, since the way I understand it from the blog, you can't itemize her for both of her forms at the same time.

Blog version is horribly outdated. Just too busy to update it.

TUSR

Banned
Ikuu said:
It's already started, rumors are more people will be invited this Thursday.
Meeru posted in a Dota2 thread, or maybe here that the beta was confirmed to start for the general public in the next few weeks. It was planned that they would do a big invite tomorrow, but now its just patch tomorrow and a bunch of small invites to the beta over time.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
IgxP0.jpg

NukeDukem

Banned
Cant wait for the plethora of shitty lumberjacks to start popping up, missing taunts, ulting for no damage, and charging some1 all the way to pool.

Tomat

PuppetYuber said:
wtf tomat I thought we were friends. How dare you creep on other player's stream while I am at school!

I'll creep on you later.

For the record, I wasn't making fun of the way he looks. That was just the first stupid thing I could say that popped into my head.

NukeDukem

Banned
sorry for workquittin in the middle of a game. Just my luck that the one day that HoN is actually playable after a patch I get called in to cover for my sick co-worker.

Guesong

Behold Ctulhuphant!

Click here for a preview of his model + alternate avatar.

Trample (Q)- Cthulhuphant is a melee tanky initiator, and this ability gets him into the thick of it. He charges forward in a direction, dealing damage and stunning any enemy heroes he connects with. If there are any creeps in his path, they are blasted away like projectiles, also dealing damage and stunning enemy heroes they hit.

Hook 'Em (W)- With Hook 'Em, Cthulhuphant uses his mighty tusks to skewer and immediately kill an enemy non-hero unit. The corpse creates a shield which blocks a large portion of damage coming at Cthulhuphant from the front. Strength of the shield is proportional to the target's max health.

Mortifying Presence (E)- This is a passive aura of fear and madness. Nearby enemy heroes have their attack and movement speeds slowed. When Cthulhuphant kills an enemy unit, the effect doubles for ten seconds. If he kills an enemy hero, the effect triples for ten seconds!

Obliterate (R)- Cthulhuphant draws on all of his awesomeness to fire raw, brutal energy blasts from his many trunks. Obliterate causes five pulses of devastating area of effect damage in front of Cthulhuphant.

Needs more Cthulhu and less Elephant in his abilities IMHO. Buckley's suggested ultimate (see CAD) sounded much more awesome than generic AoE.

I fear for Mortifying Presence. Can be broken, depending on the numbers on it.

delirium

NukeDukem said:
sorry for workquittin in the middle of a game. Just my luck that the one day that HoN is actually playable after a patch I get called in to cover for my sick co-worker.
Nah its alright. We got over Meeru's wifequitting, workingquitting seems more legit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Thorinbei said:
Not sending me the details swag? Tsk tsk

It's cool bro; this is a romantic outting between pro and swag at the beach, underneath the starry night. Stop trying to ruin Promeo and Swaggett guys...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anbokr said:
It's cool bro; this is a romantic outting between pro and swag at the beach, underneath the starry night. Stop trying to ruin Promeo and Swaggett guys...
Surrounded by Jersey guidos...

Nothing says love like a swarm of orange, roided up french fry heads.

NukeDukem

Banned
lame-arcus u got ownd mid aftur smowkin 1 2 mini blunts roflmao ur just a patetic nerd get colonrampage'd yu're tears feul the butownage and i bet ur so anamad rite naow tell me farmbokr y r u so paind in teh gluet? get ur mom 2 lik teh tears awff ur face as$mastuh

Nerd simptoms:
OWNED @ GAMES
OWNED @ INERNET
OWNED @ LYFE

Ultimoo said:
listening to my voice, I don't even sound like astroboy, gosh.
You sound exactly like him over mumble, it's uncanny.

Tomat

NukeDukem said:
lame-arcus u got ownd mid aftur smowkin 1 2 mini blunts roflmao ur just a patetic nerd get colonrampage'd yu're tears feul the butownage and i bet ur so anamad rite naow tell me farmbokr y r u so paind in teh gluet? get ur mom 2 lik teh tears awff ur face as$mastuh

I laughed.

question to hon-gaffer!
I boght my account around november/december..
didn't play more than 3-4 match oh well..
now hon has gone free to play and apparently my PAID account (bought the key that is) should have switcheed to legacy, but since i was NOT verified (aka under level 5???) i got "demoted" to basic account, with champion rotation&all o_O
Will i get a legacy account when i hit 5 OR I gotta send some insults to HoN support for I've PAID the game and I'm getting the "F2P" treatment?

delirium

Did you buy it from a reseller? Because there was a post a few weeks back, someone found an exploit to make accounts and sold them.

Top Bottom