• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Macattk15

bzm said:
buttmad that you fucked up and got called out?
pic related
419Ju.gif

Huh? I fucked up and got called out? What are you speaking of. I have no qualms about saying anything to anyone on an internet forum.

If you're speaking of in a IH game ... no I did not fuck up but listening to the ranting and raving on chat / mic was getting ridiculous.

Being told to buy wards by Nymphora especially overjoyed me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Macattk15 said:
How much are you offering it for? I'm kinda pinched this month with $$$.

You're on my buddy-list in LoL! We randomly got into a solo queue game together and I recognized the name from GAF ... remember?!?!
I know I've played with you, but I don't remember your LoL name.

delirium

Why do I feel HonGaf might go through a mass banning sooner or later? Some mod is going to read this thread and not get that we're all just joking and start the ban hammer.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
chronos auto attacks fucking hard early on. if you can get a slow or two he has all the "early game presence" that he needs

Let's see those chronos auto attacks when Nomad drops by his lane at the 18 minute mark with a nullstone and 2 shots him. Poor chronos looks at his items and is like, "wtf lifesteal helm 900g thingy and lifetube." The only times that I enjoyed playing Chronos were with the OP alch bones. It made it very easy to farm the jungle and hit 450+ gpm and get all your items as quickly as some of the speed farming semi-carrys.

TUSR

Banned
delirium said:
Why do I feel HonGaf might go through a mass banning sooner or later? Some mod is going to read this thread and not get that we're all just joking and start the ban hammer.
No way, EviLore would come in and give us a time-out like he did in that strange strange Pony Thread.

rac

Banned
I just started playing in the gaf IHs and and I have yet to play a match where I have been raged at. Every one has been helping me get better at the game and shit.

edit: Also if anyone did rage at me I wouldn't even be mad. Probably did something really stupid to make them rage at me.

Macattk15

Anyway ...

How are the new champs? I've been lacking in HoN play as I have more (idiot) friends who play LoL.

I haven't played much since the introduction of Master of Arms. How is Midas? How is the Geomancer dude (looks underwhelming)?

Haly

rac said:
I just started playing in the gaf IHs and and I have yet to play a match where I have been raged at. Every one has been helping me get better at the game and shit.
The majority of the rage is actually directed at longtime players. When you're obviously NOT a newbie, people expect you to be able to do your job. When they fail, it is probably far more frustrating than if a new player messes up. Another reason is because some of the higher level players have all kinds of rivalries/beef with each other and they take any chance they get to throw pot shots.

And there's other stuff like wifequitting, ragequitting, mumble raging, throwing and so forth

Macattk15

Meteorain said:
Midas - pretty good
Master of Arms - Ok
Geomancer - Shit

Really? I figured MoA would be OP. Seemed OP in the champ spotlight ... then again people who are often given too many choices on what to do end up playing poorly.

Geomancer looked like a crappy Magmus.

Midas seems pretty damn cool.

Fucking EA BS though ...

Swag

Meeru said:
Man its not going to be hon-gaf vs lol-gaf its going to be hon-gaf vs hon-gaf
Cause LoL Gaf can't compete amirite?

Really though Mattack who caused the rage? We need to know so we can ridicule them for all eternity

TUSR

Banned
Sanjay said:
Good thing no mods read this thread then.

Also why the hell are replays down, I want to bloody download a replay.
Same reason some games don't record.

Did anyone submit last nights matches we had to that HoN-GAF app?

Macattk15 said:
Geomancer looked like a crappy Magmus.

He IS a crappy Magmus.

Neki

Squire Felix said:
Same reason some games don't record.

Did anyone submit last nights matches we had to that HoN-GAF app?

He IS a crappy Magmus.

hope not, most of those games were all shams.

Macattk15

Sebulon3k said:
Cause LoL Gaf can't compete amirite?

Really though Mattack who caused the rage? We need to know so we can ridicule them for all eternity

You can't tell from what Puppetyuber originally posted which was originally said by me?

Macattk15

Sebulon3k said:
"Whiners" seemed to imply that there was more then one.

Oh. Sorry. There were but only one really stood out to me. I wanted to play IH to get away from the normal ragers/whiners/quitters that I experience in matchmaking. I probably just had a string of unfortunate IH games ... I have not been in one in a long while.

TUSR

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Oh. Sorry. There were but only one really stood out to me. I wanted to play IH to get away from the normal ragers/whiners/quitters that I experience in matchmaking. I probably just had a string of unfortunate IH games ... I have not been in one in a long while.
I played an okay one last night, they have been really salty lately.

nara

Banned
jeremy70583 said:
this is in the app...its clearly puppet trying to pad his stats

this is why multiple players both 4 winners/2 losers need to confirm submission. they did it in ihl

I can't wait to play with you guys eventually!

I suspect I'm going to get blown the fuck up until I get used to the different stat systems and the higher damage output.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
That would be swag, he wanted to get out of the dumpster.
Posted 0 matches, why post in a tracker that's gonna get wiped in 2 weeks.

Matter of fact, I've opened it twice, once when I made the IHL post, and second when someone linked it in Mumble.

Meteorain: Hey can I join you guys?
Meeru: Sorry we are full now, but I invited you though.
Meteorain: No you didn't I am not even in HoN.
Meeru: Yes you are! You are first one on the list in the channel

First person in the channel was Sanjay GG?

Meeru

Banned
PuppetYuber said:
Meteorain: Hey can I join you guys?
Meeru: Sorry we are full now, but I invited you though.
Meteorain: No you didn't I am not even in HoN.
Meeru: Yes you are! You are first one on the list in the channel

First person in the channel was Sanjay GG?
Lol the voices sound so similiar! And I've been with them since beta I feel like a douche -_-

Haly

Lone_Prodigy said:
Team Salty versus Team Less Salty.
Pupet
Swag
Swift
Thorin
Loki

vs

kagete
Alum
Cajun
Chair
Criminale

NukeDukem

Banned
so 2day I wus yungling wiff dedwood who is a p fun champion he has great spells so after yungling for 4 awhile i tlepoorted back2 the nexus 2 got my spellshirts and my teem want 2 kik me??? i even help gank at 6 butt i go no thanx just grief abutt ks? so then i tie to get tha team 2 halp me kil dragon 4 tha extra gold, butt thin i downt get halp and i die 2 drgaon and i get calld a newb wtf questn mark? I juss try 2 halp in teemfite but i gett cawld a ks when i do ppl in hawn arent vury nice nd sum dont even speech englih so it hard 2 teemwork sumtimes mebbe s2 shuld make a teemwurk skin to lte ppl kno u want 2 help n not be a ks

nara

Banned
NukeDukem said:
so 2day I wus yungling wiff dedwood who is a p fun champion he has great spells so after yungling for 4 awhile i tlepoorted back2 the nexus 2 got my spellshirts and my teem want 2 kik me??? i even help gank at 6 butt i go no thanx just grief abutt ks? so then i tie to get tha team 2 halp me kil dragon 4 tha extra gold, butt thin i downt get halp and i die 2 drgaon and i get calld a newb wtf questn mark? I juss try 2 halp in teemfite but i gett cawld a ks when i do ppl in hawn arent vury nice nd sum dont even speech englih so it hard 2 teemwork sumtimes mebbe s2 shuld make a teemwurk skin to lte ppl kno u want 2 help n not be a ks
what

TUSR

Banned
Ive been watching my brother play LoL, and apparently you can recall back to base for free...
can't deny creeps..

Where is the skill in this game.

NukeDukem

Banned
As much skill in hon as relates to tower defense/attacks, vision of baron/kongor, item builds, and skill builds. Controlling the crests from jungle creeps is also important. And of course, most of the real skill comes from know your role and fulfilling that role in teamfights. Teamwork is much more rewarding and encouraged in League than it is in Hon.

Bored at work, so constantly bumping the thread

Conceptor

Thorinbei said:
a good arachna/slither can. really easy.
i don't mind helping you out conceptor. just as long as you get to catch me online. :)

Thanks for offering Thor :). I'll try my best.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

And sorry I'm a bit late to reply, but yeah I get what you guys are saying. It's really more a case of a specific game where they all picked melee heroes and sent 1600 Pred mid against a new Pebbles. In hindsight, I should be anticipating lanes and stuff so that doesn't happen again.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Conceptor said:
Thanks for offering Thor :). I'll try my best.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

And sorry I'm a bit late to reply, but yeah I get what you guys are saying. It's really more a case of a specific game where they all picked melee heroes and sent 1600 Pred mid against a new Pebbles. In hindsight, I should be anticipating lanes and stuff so that doesn't happen again.

I'll be online tomorrow 9pm EST.

Mid is usually for agi and int heroesbecause it is a safe lane. Aggravate the pred to use his jumps or hide level 1-2 and you can shut him down. Just maintain a good amount of life. In the case of you being pebbs.. get a hatchet and ou cs him. Farm a bottle and nuke creeps to farm easy. He jumps on you? Use your combo on him. You have a higher damage output

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuuuudge, I still have so many issues in this game. My initiation is terrible (was in League too, not too surprised by this), I have serious issues keeping up in level most games which can really hinder the team late game. My GPM is never that good, but I think it may be improving a little bit.

Torturer is probably my favorite hero right now. Still trying to get his stun right.

Top Bottom