• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Swag

Ultimoo said:
No hero will ever be as awesome as warden cause of the KAWKAW.

It's like:

Gonna go gank warden guys, let's sneak up behind him through the woods, KAW KAW, shit nvm.

No its not PuppetYuber. I don't have a problem with anyone but the whiners like MrMr.

No its not PuppetYuber. I don't have a problem with anyone but the whiners like MrMr.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

PuppetYuber said:

But if MrMr is the only one, then who else is whiners?!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think we need to power down this Hongaf bot app until we figure out IHL season 2. The salt levels in GAF IH has gone through the roof; doesn't feel as enjoyable anymore. I think people are also more frustrated because a lot of today's games have been ultra stomps, one after another (I was on like a 5 game losing streak for awhile)--that's just HoN. It's awesome when you have a really close game, but looks like we got an unlucky streak of stomp after stomp.

P.S. Swiftlame I tried my heart out that one pebbles game, but it seemed like you were trolling that one on scout. And I'm sorry for the tremble game, nothing I could do. Nothing... magmus like ultra rapes tremble.

NukeDukem

Banned
Anbokr said:
The salt levels in GAF IH has gone through the roof; doesn't feel as enjoyable anymore.

every1mad.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most of it is mine and swift's.

And puppet but he's always salty these days.

Halycon said:
Most of it is mine and swift's.

And puppet but he's always salty these days.
:lol, puber is reaching joke character levels of salt. I think all the slight anger in IHL is being amplified by joke salt, and so we've got this vicious salt cycle.

Conceptor

What hero would you send mid to counter a well-playing Pred? And.. would someone be willing to do some 1vs1 with me? So I can improve my lane presence/lh/creep agro etc. and get some practice/tips in? I'd really appreciate it :)

Conceptor said:
What hero would you send mid to counter a well-playing Pred? And.. would someone be willing to do some 1vs1 with me? So I can improve my lane presence/lh/creep agro etc. and get some practice/tips in? I'd really appreciate it :)
Pred loses mid vs all ranged heroes.

1) Harass him non stop with auto attacks.
2) When he leaps don't fight him, just run out of his range/back to tower. Leap does a lot of dmg so don't let yourself fall below 400~500 hp.
3) Wait until he uses stone hide to stun/nuke.

If you harass him right, you can probably kick him out of the lane at lv 1 or 2.

edit: huge mistake!

Switftlame

Neo Member
PillowKnight said:
Pred loses mid vs all ranged heroes.

1) Harass him non stop with auto attacks.
2) When he leaps don't fight him, just run out of his range/back to tower. Leap does a lot of dmg so don't let yourself fall below 400~500 hp.
3) Wait until he uses stone hide to stun/nuke.

If you harass him right, you can probably kick him out of the lane at lv 1 or 2.

edit: huge mistake!

huh pred mid is very strong hes gonna kick u out of lane let alone kill u with good runes such as dd unless ur arachna or slither it will be a hard match up

Haly

Swift has a point. If you can't get out of his Q he's going to hurt you pretty badly, far worse than your auto attack will hurt him.

Since Slither lost the slow on his orb effect, he might have more trouble fighting Pred mid. Arachna is a guaranteed win though, except she's not that good of a carry.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Halycon said:
Swift has a point. If you can't get out of his Q he's going to hurt you pretty badly, far worse than your auto attack will hurt him.

Since Slither lost the slow on his orb effect, he might have more trouble fighting Pred mid. Arachna is a guaranteed win though, except she's not that good of a carry.

What? Maybe not in the competitive scene, but alongside pred, arachna is the ultimate pubstomp carry.

IceMarker

I wish Sand Wraith, Chronos, Dark Lady, Monkey King, Revenant, and Drunken Master weren't shit or a big risk to pick so I could actually play them without everyone on your team going "Fuck why did you pick that hero!?".

Haly

I carry with Rev. True story.

Until fucking Swag comes around with his fucking tryhard dust.

Switftlame

Neo Member
MrMister said:
I wish Sand Wraith, Chronos, Dark Lady, Monkey King, Revenant, and Drunken Master weren't shit or a big risk to pick so I could actually play them without everyone on your team going "Fuck why did you pick that hero!?".

dark lady hardest carry in hon

Styles

All carries are fucking annoying, especially Chronos and Predator. Shitty Rewind and CoA. Don't you just hate it when he rewinds back all his health? Hate carries.

I forgot to add MB.

Neki

Vect said:
All carries are fucking annoying, especially Chronos and Predator. Shitty Rewind and CoA. Don't you just hate it when he rewinds back all his health? Hate carries.

I forgot to add MB.

a carry's job is to carry. of course they're going to annoy you. :O

NukeDukem

Banned
MrMister said:

Real talk: Cardinal said in his stream tonight that chronos is due for a rework in an upcoming patch, along with a few other heroes.

Neki

NukeDukem said:
Real talk: Cardinal said in his stream tonight that chronos is due for a rework in an upcoming patch, along with a few other heroes.
turn aluna into full-fledged wind runner port?

profit!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
NukeDukem said:

I think s2 is just going to abandon DotA "hard carries" (chronos + sand wraith) and rework them into the semicarry model. TDL fits the bill fine because she has an early game presence that sand wraith and chronos do not.

Edit: I'm hoping for a huge balance patch soon (like s2 did with 2.0); seems like one hero gets a slight nerf once a month, and 1 or 2 heroes get very slight buffs once a month--that's just not enough active balancing. You don't have to alter the metagame every 2 weeks, but at least adjust heroes that are obviously too weak or too strong (ra, tree, and midas are just way too good and balphagore, geomancer, and engineer are just awful). Plus people have been whining for ages about chronos and sand wraith (people whine about TDL, but I think she is fine; the hero itself is fine, she's just been phased out of the metagame like every other melee carry--that's a separate issue).

bzm

MrMister said:
why would you want to play those though?

Anbokr said:
I think s2 is just going to abandon DotA "hard carries" (chronos + sand wraith) and rework them into the semicarry model. TDL fits the bill fine because she has an early game presence that sand wraith and chronos do not.
chronos auto attacks fucking hard early on. if you can get a slow or two he has all the "early game presence" that he needs

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Pred is easy to lane against mid. Learn to take advantage of creeps. His stone skin lasts 2.5 secs level 1 and his leap has no damage early. One use of both and he has no mana. 0 mana? Pred can't kill.

Sanjay

Switftlame said:
huh pred mid is very strong hes gonna kick u out of lane let alone kill u with good runes such as dd unless ur arachna or slither it will be a hard match up

Legionnaire rapes pred mid, remember :D

nara

Banned
PuppetYuber said:

Who said that

Macattk15

azuki said:
Who said that

I did. I have a problem with what I view as shitty players barking out orders and crying about their own failures whilst at the same time blaming others for their failures.

Shots fired.

Haly

Anbokr said:
What? Maybe not in the competitive scene, but alongside pred, arachna is the ultimate pubstomp carry.
Oh I agree that she's a great pubstomper, but she feels a lot like BH in that regard.

Great at pubstomping, average to horrible in tryhard games.

Shots fired.
tumblr_lkjqdoYdmx1qb8m44o1_500.png

NukeDukem

Banned
I have a problem with shitty posters who post toxic messages in our fun-loving & salt-free thread, but you don't see me engaging in name-calling and immature behaviour. (Oh the irony.)

Neki

Macattk15 said:
I did. I have a problem with what I view as shitty players barking out orders and crying about their own failures whilst at the same time blaming others for their failures.

Shots fired.

iODSVxOUKKLCO.gif

REEL TAWK.

Macattk15

NukeDukem said:
I have a problem with shitty posters who post toxic messages in our fun-loving & salt-free thread, but you don't see me engaging in name-calling and immature behaviour. (Oh the irony.)

Oh quiet. Salt free thread? I find that statement to be hilarious. Go back a few pages and then get a physical from your local physician ... I'm sure he'll state that your sodium levels are elevated.

I understand you sticking up for your buddy, but whatever. I'm not being immature. I simply stated why I disliked playing IH games in HoN in the LoL thread.

Sorry the world isn't sunshine and rainbows for everyone.

And I also await the arrival of DotA 2 where epic HoN / LoL player matches will exist. (I play both games pretty evenly).

Haly

Macattk15: Might I interest you in a new sarcasm detector?

Macattk15

Halycon said:
Macattk15: Might I interest you in a new sarcasm detector?

How much are you offering it for? I'm kinda pinched this month with $$$.

You're on my buddy-list in LoL! We randomly got into a solo queue game together and I recognized the name from GAF ... remember?!?!

bzm

Macattk15 said:

Shots fired.
buttmad that you fucked up and got called out?
pic related
419Ju.gif

Top Bottom