• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

This thread is simultaneously hilarious and confusing.

kagete said:
I wanted to do a Sanjay X MsPudding meme photo but I'm not sure how it would be received by Nome.

MsPudding: likes British announcer pack
Sanjay: did i say im british

Swag

kagete said:
Also, Sooyoung is the only waifu material on SNSD anyway. Though after seeing Jiyeon cry in that youtube clip I feel like I could write her a crown of sonnets EZ
Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, TaeYeon, Tiffany, Sica, could all honestly get the wife material, only exclusions are Hyoyeon and Sunny cause they don't seem like they would be very fun to be around for long periods of time. Long haired Sooyoung would be questionable though.
PuppetYuber said:
Refers to Tomat's avatar bro
Good thing you edited that, you were about to get Moodyshuffled

TUSR

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, TaeYeon, Tiffany, Sica, could all honestly get the wife material, only exclusions are Hyoyeon and Sunny cause they don't seem like they would be very fun to be around for long periods of time. Long haired Sooyoung would be questionable though.

Good thing you edited that, you were about to get Moodyshuffled
Man what are you guys talking about?

Ultimoo said:
yo that looks fun

dpcna.jpg
In the middle of class right now, cannot stop laughing. Shit is too true

Neki

anbokr:

tells all his team mates to go push together

goes back to farming

puppetyuber:

gets mad at his team for playing bad

buys 4 bottles

sanjay:

team needs a support

picks arachna

only the biggest throws

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
PuppetYuber said:
Anbokr: I wanted to maintain my 2 KDR, and congratz on ur first immortal in 1600. You should send it to [DRD] for those big plays brah!

I know right. It's only a matter of time before I break into the 1700s. Big leagues here I come.

kagete

I can remove this if Nome thinks it's a little too creepy (image is publicly available though)
Q6fHE.jpg

Yo Swag, Sooyoung practically screams traditional asian waifu. Yoona maybe. All the others seem like marriage would tie them down.

Swag

kagete said:
I can remove this if Nome thinks it's a little too creepy (image is publicly available though)
The reference used in that image, is so amazing, A++++++.
Kagete said:
Yo Swag, Sooyoung practically screams traditional asian waifu. Yoona maybe. All the others seem like marriage would tie them down.
This isn't a consideration, the question is, are they amazing enough to be Waifu material.

Swag

delirium said:
Aren't there a bunch of you on HonGAF that just love the pudding sound pack? *cough* bzm, swag *cough*
That sound pack is one of the 2 reasons I will still play HoN when Dota2 comes out.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
There is nothing to talk about in the Dota 2 thread. It doesnt even have a community section.
This is true, threads more boring then the MLP and Victorious threads combined, shout-out to Neki and Alumnus!

I don't actually read those threads

Neki

Sebulon3k said:
This is true, threads more boring then the MLP and Victorious threads combined, shout-out to Neki and Alumnus!

I don't actually read those threads

sure you don't.

and we'd start games earlier if people got on, but people are too busy afking in the chat to do so.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Guesong said:
Can't you guys just admit that both of you have reasons to be in the right and in the wrong and that one little play amidst an ocean of games shouldn't start a civil war in HoNGAF?

As far as I'm concerned the real mastermind here is Thor, taunting Sanjay with an initial quite harsh answer so that Sanjay would answer back and spark a feud with Loki, so that Loki would be more distracted in subsequent IHLs and give Thor an easier time.

Thor confirm or deny that you have just been EXPOSED.

damn. gonna lose my top spot now. gotta lay low for a few days!

Ms. Pudding is actually hot.. did I mention I'm good at HoN? I could give you some pointers. :>
My favorite one was: Double Tap!

delirium

So I started playing around with the data using different ranking systems and I kind of like Microsoft's TrueSkill over Elo. It needs more data to be useful (~55 games per player according to their paper) to make semi-accurate ratings but from what little data it has, it just feels "more accurate". With Elo, MoodyShuffle and Pillow are near the bottom, but with TrueSkill, their "conservative estimated rating" is near the middle.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As long as I'm above certain people I'm happy.

delirium

D0hzP.png

Three different ranking algorithms.
1. The old Elo one (with fixed rounding errors). Uses a logistic distribution.
2. Use a Gaussian distribution instead. KFactor is smaller based on your rating.
3. TrueSkill

None of these changes are live yet. I'm still working on some stuff.

Guesong

I apparantly just learned that across the infinite possibilites of all universes, I'm a constant whose position never changes.

delirium

TrueSkill rating is a lot different from normal Elo. The more games you play, the more confident the algorithm is about your ranking unlike in Elo.

Image Elo like this:
CKNMc.png

and then TrueSkill like this:
pY7u5.png

With Elo, a player's rating is the only thing that matters. You just move up and down the distribution's mean when you win/lose. Your rating is somewhere in that curve.

With TrueSkill, a player with lots of games play (Eric) has a very high curve (the algorithm is more confident on where your rating is) while a player with little games play (Natalia) has a flatter curve (its less confident). So if Natalia wins against Eric, her curve goes up a little bit and her rating changes radically, but for Eric, who's played a lot of games, it means little.
cBp8v.png

bzm

are you holding kfactor constant or changing it when people fall outside of some number of standard deviations?

Top Bottom