• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
PoorFate said:
I don't understand how his ultimate works. Does he use 50% of his mana to resurrect?

You don't use the mana, it's just a check.

Delirium informed me.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
PoorFate said:
Hmm. I've wanted to try him but I've just been intimidated by his abilities requiring health and the whole ultimate thing.

Don't be intimidated, smash your face on the keyboard for free wins up through the 1600 bracket.

Dreavus

PoorFate said:
Hmm. I've wanted to try him but I've just been intimidated by his abilities requiring health and the whole ultimate thing.

He's pretty easy to pick up. He has built in regeneration in his passive skill which keeps his health up even though he uses it for abilities. The meteor might take a bit of practice, but they patched it fairly recently making it easier to control.

As for the ultimate, it's usually best to play as if you didn't have it, but keep it in mind when going for a risky kill (maybe a tower dive, or "manning up" against someone to trade blows with them 1v1, for example). It can be pretty clutch for getting some extra kills if you risk yourself at the right time, but other times you can get blown up near the end of a "lost" team fight which ends up making it useless (IE revive into a team of 3-4 enemies waiting to kill you again.)

Fun hero!

bzm

delirium maybe you should consider staggering kfactor for elo? thors climbing way to high over everyone else, maybe stagger values at 1600/1400 and 1700/1300 or 1650/1350?
edit: or maybe not, fucker just lost some games tankd dat rating Ez

Cheeto

So I just started playing HoN again, but I've only played maybe 20 games lifetime... and I've owned the game since around it came out... I never played dota and got into the game-type via LoL. I've played a lot of LoL (like 1200 games or so) and I can't really take its lack of depth anymore. So I want to make the switch over, I've played 1 stats game and lost it... I'd guess that I'm probably playing at a 1000ish level.

Do I have a place in HoNGAF and/or anyone want to mentor?

Yeah, I can see how he would be good for ganking with his Q damage/stun and the damage from W.

My team ended up conceding in my first Ra match. Going to need more time to figure him out.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
PoorFate said:
Yeah, I can see how he would be good for ganking with his Q damage/stun and the damage from W.

My team ended up conceding in my first Ra match. Going to need more time to figure him out.

1) pair up with any support hero that has a slow or a stun (glacius, myrm, witch, monarch, etc...)
2) Get like 5 kills at level 2-4
3) passively farm lane until you have a kajillion last hits (while pushing towers)
4) carry a tp for team fights
5) ez win

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Neckbeard said:
Has anyone elese been invited into the Wrath of Heroes beta? I'm going to be giving it a shot tonight.
It's pretty bad, just the PvP content from Warhammer Online.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone teach me how to MK.

He's fun but I play like 1300 with him.

Dreavus

Pointless rant coming, nothing to see here folks

Here's how my evening game went:

TMM with 3 friends.
Banning pick.
The pub 2nd picks magebane and says he is "tired of losing because of bad carries"
Check his previous match stats, see several lost games where he is the carry, furrow brow.
Magebane gives up first blood and 2 more deaths within 5 or so minutes.
Mage says he'll buy a bound eye (later on), Kraken offers to buy one instead, Mage buys it anyway, dies in the very next fight (MINUTES later)
Game grinds to a loss

I have lived the pub nightmare. I guess there is a reason he is solo queuing. :(

Cheeto

I'm going to poop on whoever went dual mid against me last night in the "fun" game... you just wait

Also Pebbles is fucking confusing

Cheeto

Teknopathetic said:
"Also Pebbles is fucking confusing"

Press Q, Press W, collect gold.
Yeah I picked that up near the end of the game, but it took me awhile to realize that you target a unit to throw to, not throw.

TUSR

Banned
Cheeto said:
Yeah I picked that up near the end of the game, but it took me awhile to realize that you target a unit to throw to, not throw.
Depending on your position, it can do both for tactical reasons :)

TUSR

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"So, if theres only one unit around you can target the same unit you throw?"

Yep. That's how you get maximum damage on your combo.
You literally throw them straight up then straight down.

Or situational you can throw a unit beside you at a further away unit.

My name in game is TUSR, I can play with you and show you some pointers if you want. Ill probably just play on my alt account with you.

Cheeto

Damn i wish i knew that last night, I was trying to throw enemies away from me when i was caught in the jungle, ended up running around like an idiot

Top Bottom