• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

SeigO

Banned
Procarbine said:
I just loki'd a 1500 ss with glac. It kinda felt bad man, I don't think I'm going to smurf anymore.
I'm enjoying smurfing it's fun being able to pick awful heroes without feeling guilty. I don't think I've ever destroyed anyone as badly as some of these 1500 SS's.
Ex.
RBkbc.png

Smurfing is fun for trying out new heroes. I just played WS and farmed a Mock while my team never bought wards and dominated the game.

The downside is that there's a Swiftblade and Pred in every single game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Smurfing is luck of the draw; sometimes you get a 25-0 stomp and sometimes you go up against a group of more organized smurfs that stomp you. I always joked about swiftlame's 1v1 heaven idealism/complaints; but dang, I feel his pain. After playing soulstealer for like 50 games in a row; like 60% of those games I've been rune camped and camped mid by 2-3 people--and it's the most frustrating, unfun feeling in HoN.

Switftlame

Neo Member
Anbokr said:
Smurfing is luck of the draw; sometimes you get a 25-0 stomp and sometimes you go up against a group of more organized smurfs that stomp you. I always joked about swiftlame's 1v1 heaven idealism/complaints; but dang, I feel his pain. After playing soulstealer for like 50 games in a row; like 60% of those games I've been rune camped and camped mid by 2-3 people--and it's the most frustrating, unfun feeling in HoN.

see :/ and ss has no stun or escape move

IceMarker

New spotlight is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnM_k983BrU

Looks cool, ultimate requires some skill.

--

Guesong said:
Also MrMr, with all due respect and all, I was surprised to see you come back to this vile, toxic, despicable community that don't understand anything that is HonGAF. Whatever happened to you being done and over with us horrible beings, badmouthing us in the other thread? The other side was not as green as you thought it was?
I haven't "come back" I'm just here as I have been, I just shut up for a week, and yes, some of you are still "vile" and "toxic". (Not you Guesong.)

bzm said:
oh and mr has been doing this for awhile, just dont take his rants seriously and everything is np
Nobody takes you seriously either :(
btJ0x.gif

Squire Felix said:
Whenever you see massive posts with 10+ quotes in it or a post by MrMr, ignore them.
DOES 3 QUOTES COUNT VILE DEMON

Guesong

Hmm...a Tuesday release?

They didn't specify if Gemini was EA or free hero as well.

2 heroes week?

Also Gemini looks like the most hard carry ever, holy shit a Double Strike.

Guesong

Sanjay go back to Q please, you're way too cuddly with that avatar.

(Also spotted Gemini's alt avatar ; it's the one in pinkish hue at start of video...not too great, will skip)

"Basher with 50% bash chance? Ok."

I don't think it's actually 50%. Call ultranerd BZM to do the probability math, but it's like 40 something %. It's weird.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Teknopathetic said:

I don't think it's actually 50%. Call ultranerd BZM to do the probability math, but it's like 40 something %. It's weird.

I'm really disappointed in myself that I'm not sure of this answer, one way or the other, off the top of my head.

delirium

n0b said:
Are map reskins allowed in matchmaking games? I can't stand the default map look.
Yep.
Teknopathetic said:

You don't have to be an ultranerd to understand probability. You just have to not be an uncouth idiot.

The probability of getting bashed is 43.75%.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait how does Twin Strike work? It's two attacks right?

delirium

Halycon said:
Wait how does Twin Strike work? It's two attacks right?
Two attacks, 2nd attack does less damage. It's good if you have items that have a % based proc (thuderclaw, savage, brutalizer) or just applies effects (frostburn, nullfire)

Haly

Right, so, diminishing returns, since bashing doesn't stack. First hit is 25%, second hit is 25% of 75% (the percentage that didn't get a bash the first time around). Add together and you get del's nerdy number.

Pretty much every dota player should know about diminishing returns on proc items.

Haly

Kapura said:
ope, i posted without thinking about it. Yeah, it's 43.75% chance per strike. But that's still pretty fuckin epic.
You could get two bashers.

OMG 43.75% CHANCE PER STRIKE.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
delirium said:
Moody, too hipster for mathematics?

EDIT: I could ultranerd it up and educate ya'll on how I reach that answer but I won't.

I was hoping you would.

Haly

Okay so only Kage, Tomat and Alum are on Rift, but the HoN channel is still empty.

Where are all of you bitches.

Halycon said:
Okay so only Kage, Tomat and Alum are on Rift, but the HoN channel is still empty.

Where are all of you bitches.
This is just a ploy to keep me at the bottom of the dumpster.

Also, installing rift did you fukers out level me?

Top Bottom