• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Neckbeard

bzm said:
even me?

PS: Since youre not going to be working with s2 anymore, can you drop the dramabomb that is 'what actually happened between icefrog and s2' ?

bzm always trying to scoop.

more like tzm.

seewhatididthere?

delirium

bzm said:
PS: Since youre not going to be working with s2 anymore, can you drop the dramabomb that is 'what actually happened between icefrog and s2' ?
Yes, yes, yes, yes.

EDIT: WHOA WHOA. Lord Salforis's passive is "Presence of the Dark Lord" (name taken from Dota). Shout outs to all the HonGAF iSketch players that got that.

Dreavus

Nome said:
I'll still be around Hongaf. Also, I'll be handing out 1000 GC to all active members of Hongaf (list provided to me by Procarbine) to commemorate our love.

More details on my leaving later!

Whoa, big loss for the game. Good luck with future endeavors man.

IceMarker

Nome thanks for sticking up for your own design beliefs in the face of thousands of naysayers about your heroes, I always liked your design style and I hope wherever you go that trend follows you.
If you're going anywhere please not Riot.

Hope you still show up to play with us in Mumble.

Card Boy

Banned
i got 72 gold coins. I need 3 more for Teen Hound. 28 more and i can buy something better like Rat Courier or El Gauntlete.

Nome?!?

Guesong

Gez said:
i got 72 gold coins. I need 3 more for Teen Hound. 28 more and i can buy something better like Rat Courier or El Gauntlete.

Nome?!?

The real question is what did you do with the rest of the 1 000 and why the hell would you even want Teen Hound or Rat Courier.

Card Boy

Banned
Guesong said:
The real question is what did you do with the rest of the 1 000 and why the hell would you even want Teen Hound or Rat Courier.

300 Mandromeda
300 Female Slither
300 Flint Boomstick
300 Thor Thunderbringer

Had some extra gold from that IGN stuffup which left me with 72 gold coins.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Need names for new subaccount plz; GIMME UR IDEAS!!!

Best ideas so far:

-Caeserbokr
-Caesbokrus
-Godbokr
-Jesusbokr
-Manbokr
-Swagbokr
-LACAESARBOKR
-LABOKRUS

bzm

Anbokr said:
Need names for new subaccount plz; GIMME UR IDEAS!!!

Best ideas so far:

-Caeserbokr
-Caesbokrus
-Godbokr
-Jesusbokr
-Manbokr
-Swagbokr
-LACAESARBOKR
-LABOKRUS
are you really considering something other than 'Anbork' ?

edit: why sub accounts gotta be just over 1000coins? =\

IceMarker

11475967.jpg

Styles

I'd like to buy an alt account too but I'm 44 coins short. Looks like I'll just leave the coins there until something awesome arrives at the store.

Like everyone here, I wish you luck Nome. Your contribution to HoN and Hongaf will not be forgotten!

Skyrim has been consuming me so I haven't been on lately.

Insured

Nothing like losing games to an awful scout smurf getting farmed because NO SKELETON KING SPAWN ALL GAME IN 30 MINUTES. I'd been rocking a bound eye for 20 mins, waiting to get my single ranged disable button to catch this guy 100% every single time, but no. Maybe I have to stop playing ophelia -_-

Moobabe

Insured said:
Nothing like losing games to an awful scout smurf getting farmed because NO SKELETON KING SPAWN ALL GAME IN 30 MINUTES. I'd been rocking a bound eye for 20 mins, waiting to get my single ranged disable button to catch this guy 100% every single time, but no. Maybe I have to stop playing ophelia -_-

Never stop playing Ophelia!!!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm a little disappointed to see that two game devs are leaving Michigan. Best of luck to you and Pudding.

14 kills in a row on my smurf account as Defiler, then we killed the shrine. :(

It's actually a good thing when your feeder leaves. We went 4v5 with 2 feeders on the other team and we killed them so much we eventually won.

Neki

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=14141674&postcount=13

Here's my released works for which I've been "lead".

Gauntlet: obviously not my hero (was ninjapants'), but my contributions are mainly some Q/E mechanics and the new ultimate (Gauntlet Blast).
Rampage: rework was mine, was quite pleased with how he turned out.
Tremble: was released early IMO, was very upset with how he turned out.
Nomad: his passive wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but overall quite pleased with him.
Amun-Ra: thought he was too strong on release, but competitors thought he was weak.
Emerald Warden: mostly pleased with him, but I do share the concern that he may be too easy to play given his reward. I'd like to tweak him a bit in the future, keeping the overall same level of power, but increasing the amount of skill necessary to play. Mainly messing with Q.
Monkey King: overall happy with him, minor issues like the Vault bug and (IMO) underpowered abilities kept him from being perfect. There's going to be some changes for him that fixes some of his problems though, soon.

Also, two heroes currently in test client. Druid and another hero.

let's evaluate how nome well did before he leaves s2
gauntlet: he's okay in my books
rampage: is annoying as crap
tremble: tremble gonna tremble
nomad: lol mid
amun-ra: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
emerald warden: KAW KAW
monkey king: CYA CYA CYA

overall, the heroes are cool, but leave something to be desired.

think he did midas too, which is puppet's favourite hon hero, so that's good I guess.

Neckbeard

Lone_Prodigy said:
14 kills in a row on my smurf account as Defiler, then we killed the shrine. :(

It's actually a good thing when your feeder leaves. We went 4v5 with 2 feeders on the other team and we killed them so much we eventually won.

I enjoy 4v5s very much, almost to a point where I prefer it in public games.

Nome

Ultimoo said:
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=14141674&postcount=13

let's evaluate how nome well did before he leaves s2
gauntlet: he's okay in my books
rampage: is annoying as crap
tremble: tremble gonna tremble
nomad: lol mid
amun-ra: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
emerald warden: KAW KAW
monkey king: CYA CYA CYA

overall, the heroes are cool, but leave something to be desired.

think he did midas too, which is puppet's favourite hon hero, so that's good I guess.
Of the heroes I did, the only ones I'm fully satisfied with are Amun-Ra, Midas, Salforis, and Sylph (unreleased). Tremble and Nomad in particular received a lot of changes I didn't want based on input by others. Emerald Warden needs a lot of number changes to make him less frustrating but that's balance, and I've stayed out of balance as much as possible for my own heroes.

Insured

Nome said:
Of the heroes I did, the only ones I'm fully satisfied with are Amun-Ra, Midas, Salforis, and Sylph (unreleased). Tremble and Nomad in particular received a lot of changes I didn't want based on input by others. Emerald Warden needs a lot of number changes to make him less frustrating but that's balance, and I've stayed out of balance as much as possible for my own heroes.
What would you change from the current tremble? Genuinely curious as I like playing him a lot, yet there's something about him that feels weird but can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the "only on application" lifesteal of E or the Q spell feeling so out of place... I can't say.

Nome's heroes are similar to that of Irelia, GankPlank, and [insert every other LoL-broken champions]. I think you will get along with other designers in Riot just fine !

<3

Neki

PuppetYuber said:
Nome's heroes are similar to that of Irelia, GankPlank, and [insert every other LoL-broken champions]. I think you will get along with other designers in Riot just fine !

<3

nome didn't design new zephyr or silhouette though.

wat.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ultimoo said:
nome didn't design new zephyr or silhouette though.

wat.

Zephyr, ra, and silhoutte, balance aside, are hands down the most fun s2 heroes. Their concepts are fun, their abilities are fun, and their skills feel connected, without feeling gimmicky or boring.

If they aren't OP, then you wouldnt play them.

The only reason why they are fun is because you can afk and still steam roll people.

Press 2 buttons auto kills.

Top Bottom